Pony Venting Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@PixelatedPony
I can’t speak for others, but for myself I would say that it worked for its time. I think she had both great ideas that would’ve been interested if they were implemented or not so great ideas that I’m glad weren’t implemented. With that said, the blind worship of her can be very annoying.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I’m starting to not like the fact that people are using G5 to harp on G4 and make its problems seem bigger than they are. It’s one thing to prefer one over the other but it’s another to just suddenly write off FIM and use G5’s strengths to point out G4’s weaknesses as if it was some miracle fluke that happened.
Background Pony #23C0
@Mr.Myoozik
Sadly making someone or something else look bad in comparison to something you’re trying to make look good is a tactic we seem to instinctively rush toward.
Background Pony #DD2E
Objectively or not, I will say I hate Daring Doubt. None of the other episodes I dislike and won’t watch again invoke the same hatred I feel towards that episode and it’s the one I can comfortably say I’d be happy if they erased forever.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@PixelatedPony
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in seeing where she would have taken the show. But at the same time, I feel the path that was set in S3 onward was what defined the show, especially since she left entirely after S2
@PixelatedPony
I remember part of her plan is Rainbow Dash not actually being Scootaloo’s sister and their relationship wouldn’t exactly be healthy. That probably wouldn’t be what I want to watch. I’m fine with what we got.
As someone who’s one of their favorite things about the show was RD’s relationship with Scootaloo, I still feel RD was the character who suffered the most from Faust’s departure despite it, especially after the poor direction she had S6 onward. And honestly there’s no reason to believe she wouldn’t have changed her mind at some point
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Well, I guess it’s my turn to do this.
This isn’t exactly a vent either but I don’t know where else to put this. How do fans feel about male leads in both G4 and G5 now? I know Spike was never that popular but I never paid too much attention to the fandom side when Sandbar and Gallus debuted, and now I don’t really know how the majority really feel about Hitch. Are male main characters still more of the underdogs in this female oriented series? I’m just kind of curious.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Just Wayne
Here’s my view: The males in G4 were overshadowed by the females, but it didn’t mean that the fandom didn’t like then. Characters like Spike, Big Mac ans Shining Armor were still popular. For G5, with Hitch now sitting at the wheel with the other girls, I see nothing but praise for him so male characters are on the upswing for this new generation.
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Honestly I agree as well, I can’t imagine Twilight not being an alicorn, it felt like a natural to me, for the show and for her as a character.
This just shows that you shouldn’t treat a creator like a figure or take their word as gospel, as I also wouldn’t considered the original idea for RD and Scootaloo’s relationship a bad idea.
Thanka for sharing your thoughts.
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
Still, I think at the end of the days male characters will still be overshadowed by female, even now in G5. I mean yeah Hitch is fairly popular, but I feel that the mares like Izzy and Sunny still have more attention. Same goes for the Student Six, Silverstream, Ocellus, and Smolder probably win over Sandbar and Gallus in popularity. The only exception would be Yona. And Spike doesn’t even need to be talked about. Remember back in the days when almost every episode starring him got hate?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I don’t get this whole grievance about the male characters being overshadowed by the female characters. On the surface, yeah that looks like the case, but that’s ignoring the fact that they get JUST as much great fanart and even cosplays as the females. I see a lot of bronies have a male character as their favorite character so in a way, I still don’t get it. What ultimately matters to me is if you like the character rather than being worried about how much others like them. One of my favorite minor characters is Tree Hugger and she doesn’t get enough love as other minor characters which does bum me out admittedly, but what’s important is that I like her and I think people should also subscribe to this mindset.
Edit: Apparently I didn’t realize that this was discussed here not too long ago, I forgot, damn…
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mr.Myoozik
The casts of G4 and G5 are something like 85+% female (including the background ponies, probably), the women were always going to be more popular than the men by sheer numbers. It was the other way round in the 99+% male first Saint Seiya cartoon, and I’d say for all shows with this kind of landslide in gender ratio. It’s the nature of the game.
How male characters are treated and/or presented by the writers though, that’s another barrel of fish from what I’ve heard of the dawn of the fandom. Maybe that’s what some people actually meant?
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mr.Myoozik
Then I guess it’s just sheer numbers like I said. Plus maybe the fandom considering females cuter than males as a whole (and I personally can’t blame them considering how I dislike the stallion designs), and looking cute certainly skews appreciation in one’s favor…
Just look at Fluttershy.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
I don’t know. Most of the times I just do something or see something on Derpi and felt like that’s just the way things are. When I saw that post about how Hitch is the second least favorite pony next to Pipp I suddenly was like “Is it because he is a dude?” Honestly I’ve weirdly been leaning toward the mindset that just because I’ve mostly seen negative thoughts toward something I somehow believe that’s how the majority feels, and that doesn’t just apply to ponies.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide