Pony Venting Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
When you see a nice image that you want to comment on, but the comment section is closed due to many rule violations
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@Megalobronia
Mostly Discord because I don’t like it when certain people say he should’ve been turned back to stone. It makes me feel like they’re disregarding his fans.
Also Starlight because I think she deserves a second chance since Twilight was able to get through to her and she showed remorse for her wrongdoings.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Princess Spike.
A meh episode I still think people only hate due to a combination of A) something having to be the “worst episode” and B) people conflating “worst” with “bad”.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I mean, on an objective level, it’s still probably one of the worst the show has to offer in the sense that it has absolutely no value, nothing to offer, but there are plenty of episodes I can think of that piss me off a lot more and I feel have done much worse. I’d still watch it over a good handful of episodes
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Mr.Myoozik
By that I mean just judging the episode by itself as a piece of media or story with zero bias. I guess I’m trying to avoid saying “objectively bad” as I hear that often from people trying to pass off their opinions as fact, but it’s the best way I can describe it because I have a difficult time actually thinking of anything of actual merit the episode beyond trivial things like “oh hey this screencap was cute”, or any purpose. It’s just bad
However Nothing about it makes me upset in such a way that it makes me want to break something valuable either. Maybe it’s because I’m not a Spike fan, but I’d rather still watch it over something like Newbie Dash. Princess Spike may be objectively worse but it doesn’t offend me like that episode did, nor is it parading around as something important. One was simply a bad episode, the other was the kind of disappointment that almost made me want to stop watching the show(and looking back, maybe I really should have)
I guess to make a better comparison would be AotC and Rise of Skywalker. AotC may be a worse movie but I’d still watch it over the disappointment that is Rise of Skywalker
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Princess Spike would have worked better if there weren’t the “using Twilight’s authority to get whatever Spikes wants” part. It’s kind of like how I feel about The Mysterious Mare Do Well. They’re not the worst episodes but there is one moment in them that hurts them.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Kiryu-Chan
I get that. I do get the argument about something that has no worth and doesn’t leave a lasting impact on the audience too. It’s also why I hate the term “objectively bad” because even the most hated pieces of work tend to have fans or some sort of cult following that can dispute any and all claims about it.
That and think about it, it’s better to have a work that can cause a negative reaction to someone rather than a work that doesn’t leave an impact at all.
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Not a vent but just don’t where else to put this:
How important is Lauren Faust’s vision to y’all and other people in the fandom?
I recently learned that she intended for only 2 alicorns to exist in the show (Luna and Celestia) and that Twilight being an Alicorn caused major controversy when it was first revealed. Same with Cadence but to a lesser extent.
Just curious to hear y’all’s thoughts.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@PixelatedPony
I still think Season One is the most holistic and purposefully-crafted of the seasons.
But I don’t think Faust’s vision was built for longevity. I think Season One plus Return of Harmony basically work as a complete package, and that the show needed to reinvent itself after that.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@PixelatedPony
If it was that important to me, I wouldn’t still be here.
I remember part of her plan is Rainbow Dash not actually being Scootaloo’s sister and their relationship wouldn’t exactly be healthy. That probably wouldn’t be what I want to watch. I’m fine with what we got.
Latecomer

@PixelatedPony
I think she had some good ideas and some bad ideas, and some of each made it into the show. Whether it would have been better to have her in charge all along I can’t say, but I’m grateful she was there at the beginning.
@DerpyFast
Season One is one of my favourites, for sure. But my other favourite is Season Seven, which I feel exemplifies the show’s more evolved form after years of staff turnover and evolution.
(One notable difference is that there is not a single Season One episode I dislike, while this is not true of Season Seven. However, I think the high points of the latter are higher.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide