Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Was talking about Fix’s plotholes. Namely, the fact that despite twilight giving power to these two, seems she still has power.
If Twilight was so bothered by what the two of them did, and she had so much time to think about it, plan it out… why wouldn’t she instead consider giving Cadance control over Equestria? Would that just not let it happen in their desired rant-y way?
@Penguin Dragneel
I never get why some people think that someone ‘having a reason’ for doing horrible things somehow absolves them. Everyone has a ‘reason’, usually one they consider to be good* whether IRL or fiction; how does that make them automatically worthy of forgiveness and their acts nothing important?
  • – The sole exception to me are some sociopathic serial killers who don’t even seem to take amusement or satisfaction from murder. As they say afterwards, “I just wanted to see if I would feel something, and I didn’t.”
Background Pony #F853
@AC97
Well, that could work, but then again, the authors description hinted there was different plans for the S9 finale which would’ve had the sisters and Discord “die”. Which makes me wonder what could’ve been.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #F853
I think it was more or less something like them moving on because they weren’t needed anymore, and Discord was in part motivated because of that, because he was scared to move on.
That’s what I think I recall, anyway.
Background Pony #EB52
Less of a rant thing, but thoughts on IDW possibly losing the comics license?
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
So there’s the Tails of Equestria RPG, I thought I remember hearing about a year ago about an actual MLP D&D license. Is that a thing yet?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

On one habd sad to see them losing pony, on the other hand hopefully the next company that gets it does the comics better
If we’re really really lucky, the new company will have the resources to maintain G4 and G5 comics simultaneously - the fandom being what is, one would think there’d be ample demand.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Between the copious amounts of traced/stolen artwork, the premise being centered around the school, the over-emphasis on original villains, and the fact that it took 4 issues to get to the main selling point, the G1/G4 crossover is really getting up there with “RD becoming a Wonderbolt” and “ Scootaloo’s parents” on the list of things that should have been impossible to fuck up
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Some of the more egregious examples. Got to the point where even Uotapo is starting to point it out
Even copied that ancient art of Twilight from the Faust days, to the point of forgetting her wings
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
So there’s this comic that caught my eye called “Fix” which like the title says, is a fix fic/vent piece towards the Season 9 finale. I skimmed most of it because I knew what I was getting into but on one of the recent panels, I read the description and I do have something to say there. I can understand his frustration over the Princesses choosing to stone the Trio instead of trying to redeem them and I can somewhat get his point about how it goes against the idea of friendship and all that, but I drew the line over the claims that it “ruined the entire show” cause it just sounded like exaggeration. That entire finale coloring their perception of the whole show is just absurdly ludicrous and I really can’t get behind that thinking. It sounded like they were treating the whole thing way way too seriously and it’s just dumb to me. That and another description I read where they said that they can’t watch G5 because of the finale is also pretty stupid.
It’s pretty much why I’m not a fan of fix fics cause most of the time it just seems like excuses for the author to vent out and whine by using the characters as mouthpieces.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Since I’ve semi-retired, I figured that I should at least make one last post here, specifically about that “fix-fic” comic that’s dominated the last several pages.
It’s a repost of the comment I made on the most recent page as of today (aka the point where I decided I couldn’t take being in this fandom anymore), with minor tweaks for redundancy reduction. And considering my status, unless the author manages to do something incredibly disgusting, I won’t be making any more comments regarding it going forward.
The author continues to ignore the fact that most of the villains they claim “deserved a chance” already had one. Some took the opportunity (Sunset, Trixie, etc), but others squandered it and chose to stay evil.
THAT’S HOW REALITY WORKS. Not everyone wants to be good, even IF they have a reason to be the way that they are. Some just want to see the world burn. Something that the series (and this fandom) seem to have forgotten during the last half a decade.
Whether you like it or not, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow had a chance to get better. Chrysalis in particular had two chances. But each and every time, they squandered it, and went right back to their usual evil selves. At this point, being banished to another world is what they deserve, not a damn pat on the back.
Asking for those three to be redeemed is like wanting redemption for Fire Lord Ozai, Thanos, Dio Brando, Albert Wesker, and so on. It’s an incredibly messed up ideology that leads to countless tragedies, both in and out of fiction.
Someone in another thread put it best. This feels like a first draft of a comic. One that the author wrote out of an extreme hatred they had for the finale of a show about technicolor horses aimed at ages 2-11. And it SHOWS.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Penguin Dragneel
I wonder what this person would think if they saw some of the pony-like-alien villains I’ve written for an original IP, including a serial pedophile with over 1000 victims*, an abusive mother and misandrist wannabe-conqueror, and a teenage mass murderer who kills 415^ people in a school shooting for “ethnic cleansing”, about half of whom are children. Would they try to redeem them?
*For reference, the worst offender I know, Jimmy Savile, had about 589
^For reference, the highest death toll in a single mass shooting is between 100 and 150, depending on who you ask.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Wiimeiser
Probably not, because they’re obviously outlandishly evil and seriously out of place when talking MLP villains.
That’s the thing, people always dredge up actual villains and think everyone will forget we’re debating the fate of cartoon villains who can never reach that level of threat.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide