Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #377E
@ichiban iceychan 1517
THANK YOU!!! People are just fascinated by Japan, but not everything they make is good, it mostly comes from the interest in the culture and the style. Same goes for Japan, they also find Western culture interesting
Background Pony #A238
Nah, not all Japan’s stuffs are good, but I was only speaking about MLP, specifically MLP, sure, it is one of the greatest Western cartoon that surpassed many modern Animes, yet even to that, the later seasons has more inconsistent writing flaws than the previous, that is why I brought it up here.
Background Pony #775C
@Helix988
Ah yes, especially the Japanese anime “A Certain Magical Index” Season 3 of it is the most infamous seasonal rot.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #A238
Eh, it’s a tossup. Japanese and American shows are of often done quite differently, so there would likely be a lot of changing.
(One thing I will say, though, is that the merchandising would be even more prominent.)
Background Pony #EB52
Just spitballing, but I think it would have been concluded a little earlier. Like around season 3 or 4 before being relaunched with a different subtitle.
Background Pony #2792
Why doesn’t Hasbro get more criticism for making MLP: FiM less accessible? Between not releasing Seasons 8-9 on physical media, putting Season 9 on Hulu instead of Netflix, never releasing the Friendship is Forever clipshow episodes outside of Australia, not making an MLP: FiM: The Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray, taking down sites that allow people to watch the show, and letting the show leave Netflix, the streaming service with BY FAR the most subscribers, why aren’t more people calling out Hasbro on their decisions?
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
So Netflix is removing FiM. I imagine FiM will disappear from Discovery too at some point. Guess Hasbro really wants people to find other ways to get the episodes eh? Especially the seasons that were never released.
Or so I thought. I’m seeing sets for seasons 4-9 on Ebay from Malaysia. I looked at the description and it says officially licensed (English language with English and Chinese subtitles), but also something about a certification from Malaysia’s censorship board. Were the episodes censored over there?
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Not everyone gets Hulu (as for myself, I prefer physical copies of media over just purchasing the right to view them online, which is why I don’t do any of those sites. Plus it’s not worth it when you hardly watch TV shows anyway).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide