Pony Venting Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Google really needs to stop relying on bots until we can build bots that can create their own coherent religions and write grand epics that make perfect sense. Unfortunately, it’s required, so much video content is uploaded that it would take 666 trillion humans to sort through the content. That’s 666 Coruscants, by the way.
Background Pony #07B3
@kleptomage
You’re absolutely not alone in thinking this, man.
That finale was one of the absolute worst monstrosities and biggest letdowns of such ever written, produced, developed, and aired on television for any tv show that I have ever seen in my own lifetime, so far, and it’s right up there with Game of Thrones in terms of sheer disappointment—even though that other finale had virtually no impact on me, given that I was never even a GoT fan, to begin with.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
So I finally saw Season 2 of Pony Life and by extension, means that I saw the whole series.
About the season, I can definitely say that it is better than the first one. The magical balloon arc which brings out the magic bubbles was actually a really interesting idea and I’m disappointed that they just dropped that in less than five episodes, the giant thing literally just vanishes into thin air with no explanation as to what it is or who sent it or how those magic bubbles work. I would’ve loved it if we had more episodes or even the entire season revolve around that, that would’ve been really interesting. The three new characters from the new dimension were decent, I thought they were a nice change of pace at establishing a new identity. The comet arc was okay while the rest of the arcs like the time travel, the carnival, the play and Discord’s magic were all eh, didn’t really care for them. Other than all that, the humor, zaniness, pacing and pop culture references were mostly the same from the first season.
Overall though, Pony Life was mostly just average for me. It wasn’t really bad, it did have some good moments and jokes that did make me laugh and smile, but it wasn’t anything to write home about either. It was just banking off of trends that were popular at the time and keeping it safe for the kiddies while they waited for G5. Still gonna stick with FIM though but either way, it was a decent effort for Boulder Media.
I give it a C+
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
That’s basically how I feel about Pony Life as well. It’s better than one would expect for something quickly thrown together to keep selling toys while G5 is in production, just not that much better.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Really the only thing that held it back was the fact that it used the 11 minute format with two segments each. The earliest episodes where it had the original 22 minute format was better because that way, the pacing flew by much better and they had more time to resolve the conflict rather than rushing it to get to the lesson.
Another thing holding it back to me is the fact that it uses FIM’s characters and settings which doesn’t work given the zaniness and humor of it creating a dissonance to it. The mane 6 were all adult, respectable characters with personality, flaws and maturity to them in the previous generation and seeing them suddenly go all hyper and off the wall and their most basic personalities was just jarring. As much as I hate using this comparison, it’s the reason why Teen Titans Go! is so infamous on the Internet since it reimagines characters into a more densier and wackier setting while using juvenile humor and childish jabs at the fandom. (Though to give Pony Life the benefit of a doubt, it isn’t like TTG! in any way and thank God for that). I don’t know, I guess I’m just still too attached to FIM overall with both the good and bad so I’ll just begrudgingly accept it.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
While I’m glad that there are those who have high expectations for G5 and I’m not gonna take that away from them, the comparisons between it and G4 feel way too soon. All we have for it is a CGI movie which gives us the basic template for what the series is gonna be about and G4 is a nearly decade long TV series with supplementary material and with developed characters so it doesn’t make for a good comparison. Once the actual series does begin, then that’s when it’ll be fair.
Northern Verve

While it would happen even if G5 was confirmed to be a completely different universe, it doesn’t help that the background of G5 bills itself as a far-off future sequel. And sequels are going to be heavily compared to the original for understandable reasons.
It should be natural that if by a Hasbro executive’s own words that this is the same Equestria. Fans have expectations for what connections would be made and/or questions that come out of it being the same world.
If this were it’s own universe, there would be a point to not compare it to G4 yet. But because it’s trying to tell us it’s the same world, we kind of have to compare it even early on. Cause almost any if not all theories are going to have some basis with G4. And this wouldn’t be the fandom’s fault. Even if they only did it for the sake of trying to keep G4 fans interested with no intention to actually do more with the connection other then to cryptically refer to it as the ancient past. That’s just the double-edged sword Hasbro chose whether it was intentional or not.
So while I understand it can feel like a bit much to be holding things up to G4 already. Especially when we’re basically getting nothing substantial until Spring of next year. I don’t think we can entirely fault people for already beginning such comparisons. Whatever potential connection to G4 there is, it’s almost the only thing that we can talk about as soon as all the details of the movie have been discussed to death.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide