Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #1FFB
The School of Friendship and the Student Six were the 2nd worst mistakes the writers made. They would be #1 if not for the Grogar twist.

The complaints against the School and the Student Six are well-known at this point. It goes against what Celestia said in Season 1, the Mane Six are forced to drop their duties to be teachers, the Student Six are just a diet Mane Six, the Mane Six are sh*t on to make the Student Six look better, etc.

That’s not even getting into the “White Man’s Burden” undertone of the whole thing. The ponies make a school to teach the non-ponies about friendship? Really, most of the time, the non-pony races only seem to exist to make the ponies look good. Remember that episode where Pinkie had to save the Yaks from dying because of their own stupidity?
Background Pony #5B90
@WyrmSpawN  
If it’s because of how toxic it is, I’ve been in much more toxic fandoms then this and became wise.  
I’ve grown to realize that every fandom becomes toxic eventually.  
Even ones you create.

Sad but true thing is the MLP Fandom has always been toxic.
Background Pony #5B90
@WyrmSpawN  
Ahh. I see.

Well, even then, keep what I said in mind:  
…every fandom becomes toxic eventually.
Even ones you create.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

It goes against what Celestia said in Season 1,

You’ll have to be more specific.

the Mane Six are forced to drop their duties to be teachers

As opposed to all the times they’ve been forced to drop their duties to save the world?

he Student Six are just a diet Mane Six

They’re also used to flesh out the cultures of the other species. Honestly, if the worst thing you can say about them is “they remind me of something else”, they they’re hardly the “second worst”.

the Mane Six are sh*t on to make the Student Six look better

That was one episode.

That’s not even getting into the “White Man’s Burden” undertone of the whole thing. The ponies make a school to teach the non-ponies about friendship? Really, most of the time, the non-pony races only seem to exist to make the ponies look good. Remember that episode where Pinkie had to save the Yaks from dying because of their own stupidity?

Sounds like a problem that existed long before the school showed up.
Latecomer

As opposed to all the times they’ve been forced to drop their duties to save the world?

Those are only occasional and brief side jobs, though.

@Background Pony #1FFB  
You do have some good points, but I still find the Student Six an asset to the show and the School as an ambivalent thing with some potential.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I’ll be honest. I know this is a bit of a nitpick but I wish the G5 trailer was more on the serious side. Instead of telling a whole bunch of jokes.

I wanted it to feel more epic. I guess I wanted some sad moments to feel more invested.

That was probably a foolish assumption to expect otherwise. And it’s not a big deal.

On the bright side, I did find the jokes pretty funny. Especially the earth ponies running away from Izzy.

I just hope the movie will take itself seriously when it needs to be.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
I haven’t been on that G5 for quite some time. I did get curious enough to see some spoilers which I won’t disclose. But I still don’t know much about the story.

There was also a certain person claiming g5 to be a reboot not a continuation, so that was interesting.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide