Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #0524
@UserAccount  
True, but Baby Doll was a midget and a villain. That’s the other inspiration.

Now, I can say that if she was a midget, you’d probably be complaining less, but I can’t say.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Background Pony #0524  
That was based on a rumor about Shirley Temple, that she wasn’t really a kid, just an adult with dwarfism.

Even if Cozy Glow is an adult, she deserves eternal love and forgiveness for everything she’s ever done. And our “heroes” are totally evil for cheering on her death no matter what. I know that I could change her if they’d let me have the chance instead of killing her. And even if I couldn’t, she’s better than me and nothing she does is bad. She’s just a perfect little pony. Why they gotta be so cruel?! 😭
Background Pony #0524
@UserAccount  
Because sadly, she was associated with Chrysalis and Tirek who:  
  1. Attempted to leave Ponyville frozen. (Tirek and cozy disagreed)  
  2. Chrysalis attempted to rip Spike’s wings off.

To quote from tvtropes: All three had previously been defeated multiple times before now, and yet STILL decided to be evil, they also nearly destroyed Equestria and never demonstrated absolutely any remorse for not only this but also their previous crimes, showing themselves to be more evil than Starlight and Discord ever were. No one, not even rulers as forgiving and magnanimous as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, are going to give them another chance after everything they’ve done, not even with Cozy Glow.

Link
Background Pony #0524
@UserAccount  
True, but the fact is Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy are villains. That’s the sad but true thing. And a good reason we have fanfiction.

Tbh, though, I kinda wanted Chrysalis to reform.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Who else would never trust their kids alone in a room with anyone involved the the finale’s writing and plot? I’m not saying that they’re child hating assholes for sure, they probably aren’t, but I would never take the risk. Cozy Glow’s fate is a red flag for me, personally.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Latecomer  
No, Tirek could’ve been treated nicer because he was Cozy’s friend. I’m kind of okay with what happened to him, though, because he’s not hot. Chrysalis absolutely did not!!! I want her to kill Thorax and retake ownership of her pathetic slaves!!!!!! 😈😈😈😈😈😈
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Latecomer  
@Latecomer  
Yeah, that factor is “for the giggles.” There’s no “position” to take seriously here. UserAccount has been very obviously roleplaying as a clinically insane Cozy Glow apologist for his own amusement and considering this thread his personal theater this whole time, and you’re all playing right into his hands (and wasting this finite, non-renewable resource that is your time) every time any of you reply to him.

Well, back on topic.

Is it me, or is the relationship between Rainbow Dash and the others a little toxic at times?

She had her first episode be about toxic friends like Gilda, but then she had The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Rainbow Falls and 2, 4, 6, Greaaat where Twilight got offended that Rainbow didn’t act the way she’d decided she should act… and getting what she wanted each time: Rainbow doing what Twilight wanted to do, rather than what Rainbow wanted to do.

Swap that for ‘what the other five wanted’ for The Mysterious Mare Do Well, but if memory serves, Twilight was still the main instigator.

Admittedly I’ve not watched these episodes in a long time, and I’m heavily biased toward Rainbow Dash to begin with, but sometimes Twilight just feels… extremely generous with Rainbow’s free will and agency.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Latecomer  
I acknowledge that she’s a villain, just not that she’s evil. She has to do what she has to do to take down the tyrannical rule of Princess Celestia. That doesn’t make her evil.
Latecomer

@UserAccount  
Her not caring at all about hurting and killing others (indeed, seeking it in Season 9) is what makes her evil.

And how is she an improvement on Celestia, whose reign is one of peace, prosperity and freedom from what we can see?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Meh, I was fine with Cozy being stoned.

@Knight of the Raven  
It’s no wonder why she’s so attached to Scootaloo. Even Quibble Pants seemed like a better friend than those you mentioned. Either way, I’m not the biggest Rainbow Dash fan so I’m just speaking from my own perception.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@WyrmSpawN  
@Kiryu-Chan  
@Latecomer  
@Myoozik  
Yeah, I once read Pony Life’s Rainbow Dash described with ‘except the writers don’t have a grudge against her.’ And I do wonder if someone at DHX wasn’t vicariously taking revenge against the jocks of their high school life every time they wrote her, sometimes.

And to continue my venting… I’m the first to admit I don’t get how loyalty works, but the more I look at the show, the more it seems its definition of loyalty is the dog brand: he always comes back to you, no matter how much you abuse him. Because he loves you. Because that’s what loyalty is. Because that’s what friends do.

Giving up her dreams for others is apparently part of the job description. Ignoring how ridiculous and suspicious the whole setup was, the trial that confirmed Rainbow as Loyalty had her choose between her life goal and her friends—all… two? of them at the time of the premiere—then she threw away her position as a Wonderbolt trainee, which she’d worked for since before that same premiere, after less than a week in the name of her friends, then she was torn between her childhood dream of being on her hometown’s team for the Equestria Games and being stuck with probably the two pegasi least qualified for the event in all of Ponyville…

There are probably more examples, but either way, what I’m seeing is a seriously one-sided street. Because I don’t remember anyone else in the main cast (except maybe Spike) ever giving up their dreams for one of the others… and especially not for Rainbow. That especially includes Fluttershy, Rainbow’s childhood friend, for whom she may or may not have moved to Ponyville in the first place, which may or may not have made becoming a Wonderbolt harder.

Then again, I’ve not watched all episodes; perhaps Rarity gives up something in Rarity Takes Manehattan, for instance. And maybe she even doesn’t get what she wanted anyway as a reward for being true to her Element, aka what Rainbow has to deal with!

Biased and subjective as always, but yeah. It’s a rough deal having Rainbow Dash as your favorite character, sometimes. Be it Friendship is Magic or Equestria Girls.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Knight of the Raven  
I didn’t really have the words for it until I watched a particular episode in a series called “Yahtzee’s Dev Diary”. Officially, Rainbow Dash is the Element of Loyalty, but thematically, her stories are about egoism versus altruism. Egoism meaning “focussing on yourself” and altruism meaning “focussing on others”. The video in question made the point that there’s nothing inherently bad about wanting to focus on and better yourself, and that a lot of harm has been done in the name of trying to improve society.

It’s pretty disappointing that the writers only ever presented one side of the issue.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide