Pony Venting Thread

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
In the Pony Life season 1 finale, the crowd is kind of silent and sounds like they have almost half the amount of volume as the characters’ dialogue in the YouTube preview, but their volume is louder and thus more equal to the characters’ dialogue in the TV version.

There are other, but less noticeable, examples of this in other previews. I’m sure that means the YouTube version of the show may be released with audio balancing issues unlike the TV version, and that’s bad.

EDIT: I’ve also noticed they decided to make the YouTube videos monaural instead of the TV’s stereo.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Sci-fi & Dragons
I’ve noticed that one of the fans of Pony Life decided to describe it in a unflattering way. I’ve seen the fan mention how almost all the characters’ personalities are nothing but exaggerations and that the things they did only once with ambiguous intent are suddenly key components to their personality. And on another note, the same fan also has a terrible sense of humor too, sometimes categorizing even simple unexpected moments (such as not listening), as “humor”.

Basically, I’m getting the impression this “fan” saw only the first few episodes and pretended to watch the rest while using information given from fans, then decided to prove the show isn’t like Teen Titans Go… by describing it in a way that makes it sound like Teen Titans Go.
Background Pony #945D
A lot of people are dead set on saying that Pony Life is nothing like Teen Titans Go, but it’s clear as day that Hasbro is doing everything they can to capture that show’s audience. From the chibi designs to zany humor, from the simplified backgrounds to the shortened runtime.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
People are also dead set on using Teen Titans Go for their boogeyman for everything. It’s been 10 years already, just admit that the show was successful and stop wasting your times hate-watching it

@Algebroot Neogears  
I’ve noticed that one of the fans of Pony Life decided to describe it in a unflattering way. I’ve seen the fan mention how almost all the characters’ personalities are nothing but exaggerations and that the things they did only once with ambiguous intent are suddenly key components to their personality. And on another note, the same fan also has a terrible sense of humor too, sometimes categorizing even simple unexpected moments (such as not listening), as “humor”.
Basically, I’m getting the impression this “fan” saw only the first few episodes and pretended to watch the rest while using information given from fans, then decided to prove the show isn’t like Teen Titans Go… by describing it in a way that makes it sound like Teen Titans Go.

This seems like a really weird take, since, as far as I know, Rarity’s probably the only character that fits this description. Fluttershy feels like a completely different character, but the rest feels similar for the most part. Pinkie I actually think is toned down from the insanity of her main counterpart, which is incredible given the show’s marketing gave the impression of her being unhinged, Twilight in PL feels like the Twilight of old in that it’s focused more on her nerdiness with a bit of snark here and there, AJ I feel is actually allowed to be fun and funny in Pony Life while keeping her grounded personality, and Rainbow Dash is the one who’s most 1-to-1 with her main counterpart though unlike the main show Pony Life’s writers don’t have a fucking grudge against her so she actually feels better off in Pony Life
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I don’t think Pony Life will be remembered 10 years down the line, likely by those who really enjoyed it but compared to the entire generation, it’ll be seen as a product of its time.
Background Pony #EB52
Brony culture was and is steeped in the irony of mid to late 00s internet culture.
Background Pony #A896
I used to not get what school fans were saying when they said that G4 ponies looked like hydrocephalic chihuahuas, but then I saw a build-a-bear Fluttershy and now I see it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
You know how some people call it a feminist show out of habit?

I thought long and hard about it, and i think the only time this show ever even brushed past sex-based rhetoric was episode 2.

Spike has a message, Aj thinks he’s going to puke from the friendship climax of the episode, and says it’s just like a boy not to be able to handle the tiniest bit of sentiment.

It’s fair to say it’s been a long decade of watching the show, but I genuinely can’t remember a time when such opinions were ever blatantly expressed without being cloaked by something else.

I just think that’s an interesting thing to note. Because I certainly think it’s a good thing.
Latecomer

@WyrmSpawN  
It’s a feminist show due to it’s presentation of a set of bold, ambitious and diverse heroines who are all role models despite having flaws. This is also the reason for Faust discouraging romantic plots for them, since that often overtakes other things in female-focused entertainment.

However, in the early seasons at least the portrayal of males is such that a similar portrayal of females in a modern program would be quite suspect.
Background Pony #A896
@WyrmSpawN
However, in the early seasons at least the portrayal of males is such that a similar portrayal of females in a modern program would be quite suspect.

What do you mean?
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Latecomer  
The complete list: Spike, Steven Magnet, Big Macintosh, Snips, Snails, Prince Blueblood, Donut Joe, Hoity Toity, Braeburn, Sheriff Silverstar, Owlowiscious, Gummy, Soarin’, Night Light, the bully trio, the Diamond Dogs, the Buffalo, the Royal Guards*, maybe the two dragons and ursa minor. Plus Dr. Whooves, Caramel, and the two ponies from the horse-drawn carriages joke if you count background characters. I don’t know if Angel Bunny was in Season 1.

*Remember that it took until episode 195 to get an alternate royal guard model who wasn’t Shining Armor or Flash Sentry.
Background Pony #A896
@Latecomer

I’m in agreement on that point, but I want to challenge myself:

Spike, Big Macintosh, The Diamond Dogs, The Dragon, The Sea Serpent, The owner of the donut shop, Braeburn, The Buffalo Chieftain, Rumble, Thunderlane, Time Turner, Snips, Snails, those colts that bullied Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in a flashback, Night Light, Gummy, Angel, and Soarin’.

That’s all could come up with without looking and some of those may be from season 2.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide