Pony Venting Thread

Helix988

The Trio:
I can’t help but compare them to Thanos. Like Thanos, The Trio were the villains, but also the heroes of their own story. I think what they really needed was their own “Rest and watch the sun rise” moment.

They needed more than that. They needed a motivation beyond “get back at the people they tried to victimize” and a portrayal that highlighted some measure of inner conflict about what they were doing.
Background Pony #DE9C
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
It depends on the person and the situation as well, on who has the power. If you have a strong willed good person, when they get power, it shouldn’t really change them. If you have a weak willed person who’s mind is not in the right place or who has a huge/damaged ego, then that will be a problem.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
@Background Pony #756B
Because the child audience is quite sufficient to support the franchise and turn a profit? Yeah, more money is also good, but it’s not like bronies don’t buy stuff - the comics, for one.

Yeah, but many of us bought precious little from Hasbro themselves unless it was in blind-bag scale. I’m tempted to believe that Hasbro got more money from bronies through licenses than through their own products.

They either didn’t really offer us anything interesting, or if they did, it came quite late. Hasbro’s plushies took the cake. It took Hasbro several years to understand how well pony plushies went. So when they finally made their own plushies, everyone who would have wanted one already had one from either a licensee or the plushie makers in the fandom. Not to mention that many licensed plushies and by far most fan-made plushies outclassed those made by Hasbro with ease.

At least it didn’t take them too long to learn the lesson that Disney and Fox had understood decades ago: Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. If you let your lawyers loose on creative fans just to protect your intellectual property even if it isn’t actually in danger, these fans will turn against you, boycott you, deny you their money and their attention (which will cost you advertising revenue) and badmouth you in public. I still remember when Hasbro’s higher-ups could only stop their overzealous, out-of-control legal department from going against brony fan works by firing them all.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Pulse Wave  
I actually bought some of the regular figures back in the day, around 2013-ish.

It wasn’t much. I grabbed the Mane 6, Sunset Shimmer, the two princesses, a few extras, and eventually Starlight Glimmer. But my dumb### let my Sunset and Celestia get mauled by accident.

I eventually lost interest in collecting them, due to feeling that the show went downhill, and because I had to deal with a stepmom that vehemently HATED the fact that I liked them.

I still have them, though they’re bundled with figures from video games, anime, and comic books.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I was trying so hard to make an OC for this year’s collaboration but I don’t have any clear ideas or anything like that. And it was distracting from my friends.

I’m not ready for the collaboration yet. I have other things to think about like getting into digital art or looking at what other ocs are like. These are much more enjoyable to me now.

Maybe next time I’ll join the 2022 collab but one should not join just to feel like one’s part of something. And especially if you don’t have any great ideas yet.

This was still positive for me since I got into Krita art program and installed Bluemaximas Flashpoint so I can use Pony Generator but now it’s mostly to enjoy these nice works of gaming art.

Just had to get that out of the way. I hope you guys have a great collab though. I’ll just look from the sidelines.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I get that many don’t like later seasons, that’s perfectly fine, but it irks me how a few people I’ve talked to at cons and meetups wear “oh I haven’t watched past Season 2/3/4” loudly as a ‘badge of pride’ type thing. Not often  
the reasonable “oh I just lost interest in the direction” - I hear way too much “oh it’s sucked since S4! I don’t like it anymore! Ha! Trash! Am I cool yet?”

A small few, even, who I assume vend and sell stuff based on the show refuse to watch the last few seasons and make a big deal of not knowing what any character from the last few seasons is and wonder why people keep asking for merch of them. Like, it’s just 22 minutes a week for only half the year, if you wanna know what character that is to be able to make relevant art and merch, then watch the damn show. Anyone who wants to go through the immense effort of making money on merch from a show they won’t spend a simple 22 minutes a week watching, I don’t understand.

If they wanna miss out on some of the my fave episodes of the show, fine, but don’t ask me what this or that character is when there’s a whole episode about them in S7/8/9.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yeah it’s ridiculous to judge what hasn’t even been seen. Perfectly fair to watch it and decide it’s not enjoyable but to say “I stopped watching halfway thru s4 because I didn’t like a couple episode therefore the rest of the show from then on sucks” or whatever is laughably bad.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@EquusStorm  
I’m pretty sure those people just look at screencaps and judge them out of context.  
I’m pretty sure I saw some people acting like one screencap was starlight’s alicorn transformation
Background Pony #EB52
Favorite/Least favorite season(s) is all over the place with this franchise. Is there like a definitive poll or polls that have nailed down just where the fandom stands?
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Background Pony #EB52  
I don’t think so. Mainly because, like most fandoms, there’s a lot of people with different opinions. I came in late, but generally I find that the best seasons are 2, 4, 5, and 7? I think? But that’s just my observation, nothing scientific, so I could be wrong.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yeah 2, 4, 5, and 7 are my fave. Kind of arbitrary since each season has both great and bad episodes and overall favorite may be determined by the ratio of them; my favorite individual episodes are in 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9.

Judging a whole season for its worst episodes without even watching the episodes to begin with is not ideal
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I burned myself out on S1 so bad in 2011 watching it over and over a dozen times or so waiting on S2 to air that I haven’t watched an ep from that season in a while lol. It’s so hard to pick favorites when some seasons are still fresh and others I over-watched and that might cloud my judgement. Most of S6+ I’ve only seen like once or twice so as to not burn out.
Background Pony #EB52
@TheFinite  
It’s different for this. To pull an example, there’s a general consensus that Age of Ultron is the worst Avengers film while Infinity War is the best. With this fandom I never know if I’m dealing with someone that hates everything after Faust left or thinks seasons 1 and 2 are overrated garbage.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I don’t understand those who only like things Faust literally personally worked on; unpopular opinion but I’m really glad other people took over as I’m not a big fan of a few of her ideas (we’d never have gotten Sleepless In Ponyville, one of my top fave eps, for example) and her sensitivity to any executive meddling would’ve ended the show in like three seasons. Gotta give credit for inventing the whole show universe though of course. Very kind, talented individual but so easily broken by down by any corporate meddling with ideas at all, which is gonna happen in most networks/studios
Background Pony #EB52
I don’t understand those who only like things Faust literally personally worked on; unpopular opinion but I’m really glad other people took over as I’m not a big fan of a few of her ideas (we’d never have gotten Sleepless In Ponyville, one of my top fave eps, for example) and her sensitivity to any executive meddling would’ve ended the show in like three seasons.

I don’t really agree with either extreme, but the purists have a point. Hasbro’s meddling hasn’t really done the show any favors. Pony Life, in particular, feels like the pinnacle of all this: a rehash of original ideas done with less charm and effort for the purpose of filling time. I can’t say that perpetuation for it’s own sake is a strong reason to keep making something.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Oh the meddling is annoying and usually awful, but as a creator there has to be a balance between standing for the original vision and bending just enough to get the studio to shut up for a little while. Apparently even the slightest meddling stressed her out to the point where there was no way the show would’ve lasted long given how much they wanted to meddle for merchandising and whatever
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
People care too much about Faust’s opinion on stuff related to the show.

She hasn’t been involved in G4 for the majority of it’s airtime, and as mch as i prefer the older seasons compared to the newer ones, the creator worship of her is annoying.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yeah. Iirc she only really had a hand in S1 and just oversaw S2 with relatively limited capacity. Obviously made the basic characters and the mane six, and the show bible, but beyond that has had rather little input. Was cool to see her work with Thems Fighting Herds though.

Pretty stellar person input or not, despite not even watching the show beyond her involvement she has stayed at cons way beyond what she’s paid for and almost missed her flight to ensure everyone got to meet her, so if anyone is going to creator worship, do it for that and not the extremely limited show input besides starting it off
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide