Pony Venting Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Guess I’ll throw in my two cents.

Fluttershy in general:

Fluttershy fundamentally changed as a character throughout the show. I thought she had a pretty great journey as a character, and got a pretty great sendoff in S9. People like to throw around accusations of her learning the same lesson over and over, but in reality, she was given a recurring set of ideas (kindness versus assertiveness, and as well as confidence) that were explored from a variety of different angles. Episodes like Sweet and Smoky, Daring Doubt and She Talks to Angel highlight just how much she’s grown as a character, with her doing things the S1 version of her wouldn’t have been able to do. The rest of The Mane Six hadn’t really grown that much, so there was very little to actually highlight.

Garble redemption:

Garble’s was the redemption no one asked for, but I saw Sweet and Smoky as a walking tour of Fluttershy developing her assertive side. Spike represents the kind doormat she started out as. Garble represents someone who bullies others to avoid being bullied themselves. Smoulder represents someone who’s tough enough that people won’t mess with her, but doesn’t go out of their way to bully others.

I don’t see it as being about Garble. I see it as being about how Fluttershy has incorporated assertiveness into her personality without losing her kind side, and she’s able to use this to redeem Garble.

It also did a great job at reincorporating the elements from her very first scene in the show.

Ahuizotl and Caballeron:

The recurring themes of the Daring Do episodes are “perspectives” and “re-evaluating one’s position”. So re-contextualizing (not redeeming) the actions of Ahuizotl and Caballeron is a thematically appropriate sendoff.

Grogar Twist:

I understand why the twist exists mechanically. I think it, like the underwhelming sendoffs The Mane Six arguably got, is a symptom of underlying structural problems with the show. I can see why people are disappointed, but I’ve known for years that the pieces for a proper final confrontation and sendoff just weren’t there.

The Trio:

I think “redemption” is the wrong way to look at it. I can’t help but compare them to Thanos. Like Thanos, The Trio were the villains, but also the heroes of their own story. I think what they really needed was their own “Rest and watch the sun rise” moment.
Background Pony #756B
Hasbro’s failure to capitalize on the show’s popularity with adults is unbelievable. No high-quality toys for adult fans, no MLP video game for consoles or PC, and no Hasbro sponsored brony conventions.

How is Hasbro still in business when they’re biblically incompetent?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Background Pony #756B  
Because they’re what we call, ‘stuck in the past’.

Which gets thrown around plenty these days, but is vastly more applicable to this end.

And there’s probably alot of bitching when someone suggests they drop the kid-exclusive image.

Because a carefully cultivated image is more important to corporations than reality will ever be.
Background Pony #756B
@WyrmSpawN

Hasbro, like a lot of corporations, are run by out of touch boomers who still think this whole “internet” thing is just a fad.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #756B  
Same thing you can say to any corporation and company that’s still in business despite their incompetence.

It’s a good thing the show staff were the more supportive bunch to the brony fandom than the company itself.
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

And it’s not a big deal either. SOme might interpret supporting adult fanbases as giving edgier stuff, whereas the actual show was charming and didn’t really need adult gimmicks to stand afloat anyway.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

I mean, the show was supposed to be optimistic and colorful, dunno what people expected. At much I could have “disney dark” stuff rather than genuine dark stuff.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #756B  
They probably don’t want their brand associated with a bunch of perverted neckbeards.

Like, this is a brand aimed at children. If they willingly associate with the fandom while knowing the sorts of things its done, that’s a terrible image to project.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Both Hasbro and the show acknowledges the fandom a lot more than people would like to admit, for better or for worse. They’ve made toylines and figures aimed more at adult fans including the current Kotobukiya figures.

Heck I’m pretty sure the Guardians of Harmony was made more with older fans in mind
Background Pony #EB52
@Myoozik  
I had a joke making fun of how Hello Kitty/Kitty White is officially not a cat and how Celestia is not a horse, but I can’t figure out how to make any of this funny.
northern haste
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
After seeing a lot of pictures being tagged for a certain headcanon It makes me wonder do we have a name for people to To believe their head cannon so much they think any picture with the characters the headcanon was for Was made with that headcanon in mind
Helix988

@DerpyFast  
I never got around to this before, but comparing the Legion of Doom to Thanos is laughable. It’s like comparing The Room to Citizen Kane because both movies had a scene where the protagonist tears a room apart in a fit of rage.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
I don’t get why people think the full version of the G4 theme song is the best of all of them.

It has terrible puns such as “You are the Applejack of my eye”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide