Pony Venting Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Kiryu-Chan
Lightning Dust got fucked over hard
I think of the list of villain, Flam Flam and Garble seem pretty low on the listof characters people wanted to see

fix’d. I still question why the writers were constantly obsessed with bringing these guys back

@Myoozik  
My problem is that Frenemies gave the impression that they were capable of understanding friendship(yeah yeah, I know they tried to reject it, but it felt like seeds were being planted). Them being turned to stone just doesn’t feel right. Honestly it would have been more fitting just to exile them

Then there’s still the Grogar twist. It’s still awful, and Jim’s reasoning for it as well was also BS. Using existing villains for that past “relationship” is fine, but dragging a popular villain from G1 and using him as bait for a crappy twist is just not cool, regardless if it was always planned. They shouldn’t have even used him at all

I remember when I first heard the possibility of Tirek getting redeemed when the leaks for S8 were trickling out(before the big ones last year), I compared it to the idea of redeeming Megatron. But you know what? At least Prime had the balls to actually give him a change of heart in the series finale and disband the Decepticons. And Unicron was also used much better and still the major threat and not some BS like he was Starscream the whole time
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I think that Ahuizotl and Dr. Caballeron had the worst redemptions in Season 9, to be honest. The Garble and Angel ones were also weak. Fittingly they all have Fluttershy in them.

I don’t think Angel had any sort of “redemption”. Just finally understanding what Fluttershy had to put up with. imo, his episode was one of stronger episodes of S9
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Kiryu-Chan  
I didn’t get that impression that all watching the episode. All I got out of it was that all three can simply work together and interact with one another and to give them more development and depth.

The Grogar Twist was terrible, but I don’t have the energy to get angry about it since I liked the rest of the finale. Yes, I liked the rest of the finale, don’t @ me. And I don’t read leaks at all so I’ll take that with a grain of salt.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Myoozik  
I’m not talking about those leaks lol. There was one earlier (before S8 aired) that came with a couple of episodes, and an image of Cozy Glow and Tirek that looked like stained glass(that we see from the castle). It turned out to be a quick gag in the S9 premiere but before that aired, people were speculating a possible redemption lol
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
The Grogar twist was super lame.
And just added to another list of reasons on why i don’t like Discord.

Honestly didn’t think he could get much worse after A Matter of Principals either, yet here we are
Harshie83

Live from the hive
I liked Discord throughout the series…up until the finale and his actions at the end. He who enabled the criminals shouldn’t get to punish them.
Latecomer

@Kiryu-Chan  
Exile is just making them someone else’s problem - until they come back with an army or a magical superweapon or something.

And I like the “Grogar” side of the Grogar twist, but not the “Discord” side?
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

If it is for the implied ships, I disgregarded any supposedly ship made in the epilogue, except maybe cheesepie, because honeslty it was kind of expectable anyway. I have my own tastes on that stuff so as long as it’s not really canon I’m willing to take my open ends.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Twi Clown  
The only ship I had a problem with them implying was Discord x Fluttershy. And that’s because I simply don’t care for Discord.
Twi Clown
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Background Pony #DE9C

Meh, I’ve never been too fond of her. Her shyness and awkwardness at times could be irritating, and after getting more assertive, she still feels as a pretty passive character most of the time. Not my kind of character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide