Pony Venting Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Myoozik  
If anything, it’s a symptom of how directionless the show and The Mane Six were overall. Of The Mane Six:

Applejack and Pinkie never really accomplished anything, and never evolved as characters.  
Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Twilight accomplished things, but never had to evolve as characters.  
Only Fluttershy had to evolve as a character in order to accomplish her goals.

There hadn’t been a rising threat that would have to eventually be faced, and there was nothing for The Mane Six to prove. You can’t exactly write a climax and denouement without having had a proper rising action. Knowing all this going in, Season Nine was more or less what I expected.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
Like I said before, I’m just worried that G4 will be forgotten because everyone hates the recent seasons now and people are psyched for a reboot without Tara Strong and hopeful it will be better than G4 because it can magically fix the mistakes of FiMs past seasons.

There’s no redemption for G4 and I hope the people who left the fandom over the changes (like Twilicorn) are happy knowing of the damage that they’ve done with their whining.

I wish they would just accepted change so it can reach its potential and just be mainstream so it can also be a film franchise like the MCU, Despicable Me, Bayformers, How to Train Your Dragon and even Fast and Furious.

Sorry, I’m just bitter MLP never gets perfect like Avatar. And I’m just bitter Hasbro is still treated like shit by the film industry since 2017.
Helix988

@Myoozik
There hadn’t been a rising threat that would have to eventually be faced, and there was nothing for The Mane Six to prove. You can’t exactly write a climax and denouement without having had a proper rising action. Knowing all this going in, Season Nine was more or less what I expected.

I guess that’s why I didn’t find Season 9 as disappointing as others. The advertising kinda referenced/parodied Game of Thrones’s final season, but this show was never building up to anything like that. Maybe the next series will have multi-season arcs. I mean you always run the risk of those being unsatisfying or dragging on too long (Voltron, Naruto, Game of Thrones, etc.) but it would be a nice change of pace for the franchise.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Helix988  
I don’t think people should be taking Pony Life too seriously. Pony life is basically what gen 3 mlp had. A .5. I’m kinda hopeful about gen 5 since now it seems they trying to make it more… “adventurous” from what we saw from the leaks.
Helix988

Pony Life lines up with their other failures (Jem, LPS, Hanazuki) and gives the impression that Hasbro just lucked into their success with FiM.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Helix988  
maybe that’s the problem for others it sort of referenced such a thing happening hyping it up and then didn’t do anything with it. Like it also appeared like maybe it was going for it being this bigger climactic story thing that was the culmination of other things they’d done but it also really didn’t feel like it was.

also I’ll never forgive them for just not using the rainbow power forms again which as a finale actually built up different actions but kept the slice-o-life formula better than S9. Not that S9 was terrible but it feels like, to me, it didn’t accomplish what it set out to be
Background Pony #B165
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Dude. It’s not worth getting this worked up about. It’s a show made by a toy company at the end of the day. It won’t be forgotten as long as there is still fan content being made. Hell, the show’s been over for a year, and people are still talking about it and making fanart, fanfics, and the like. It’s not going anywhere. So what if it’s not mainstream? Or that the fandom isn’t as big as it once was? It’s not affecting anyone. It’s not that big of a deal.  
I’m sure hundreds of people have told you this hundreds of times and tried making the message as crystal clear as humanly possible, yet you just gloss over what they say and revert back to your old habits. It’s not healthy. At all. There’s more important things to worry about than a show. The fandom is still here.
Background Pony #6D71
@LightningBolt  
Just because it’s a fact doesn’t mean I expect to see trash on my TV screen. The fact that Hasbro started this franchise with a pretty cool animated special, goes to show that mlp has potential be pretty great.
Latecomer

@DerpyFast  
You can still make individual episodes of a quality that make people sad to lose the show, however, instead of considering it a mercy kill.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
You spend far too much time fretting over what the show isn’t and far too little loving what it is. In a way, it’s as bad as those you castigate.

Est. 2012
@Background Pony #B165  
@Latecomer  
It’s not my fault the show FAILED to launch a feature film franchise. If Equestria Daily didn’t put the news saying that a second My Little Pony movie is on the way, I wouldn’t have had false hopes about a sequel that no longer exists thanks to Hasbro cancelling FiM after nine seasons and turning the concepts for what could have been into a goddamn television special.

That could have saved Hasbro’s reputation in the film industry, but no. Hasbro doesn’t care if critics hate them for their movies, not just the MLP movie, but also Bayformers, G.I. Joe and Battleship. (By that I meant cancelling what could have been in favor of a hard reboot. Ask the Hasbro spokesperson who said the 2021 movie isn’t a direct sequel to the 2017 movie.)

If the fandom is really enough, then I would love to read fanfictions of what they could have done to FiM. Maybe an ending for Equestria Girls that we won’t officially get. If Hasbro can’t get what we want, we should do it ourselves. I know it’s a shitty excuse to shield criticism, but that doesn’t mean you can still do it yourself and consider this an addition to their criticism to what we got from Hasbro.

I just want Ponies to be accepted by all of society, regardless if it’s a toy franchise or it’s for girls. And Sometimes I think criticism will ruin things for everyone, because people will agree and will make people not check it out because of the criticism. It’s not just with MLP, but it happens to other shows like Game of Thrones, Star vs., Steven Universe, Sword Art Online and even badly written shows like Teen Titans Go! and Pony Life.

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
Because most of their films have mixed-to-negative reviews. I even saw a YouTube comment (from someone with a Princess Cadance avatar) from RebelTaxi’s Jem and the Holograms live-action film review that claims that being a Hasbro film has something to do with the film being bad. And that logic led to that user not being hyped about Hasbro movies.

That’s how bad Hasbro’s reputation in the film industry is. Because most of their movies aren’t good, except for the Ouija prequel and Bumblebee, but that’s it. And I thought the MLP movie might save Hasbro’s reputation (since it was tanked again in 2017 after Bayformers The Last Knight was panned) because it’s an animated movie that’s faithful to the source material due to it not being live-action like past films were (considering cartoon fans hate live-action due to bad film adaptations of anime and cartoons), but nope, critics hate it and 48% on Rotten Tomatoes show it. Heck, they don’t care if the show is popular and beloved or brought a fanbase of men.

Compare most of the Hasbro films to a majority of Marvel films that were fresh on RT.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide