Pony Venting Thread

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
I just don’t want MLP to be forgotten (not even G4) to the point where people outside the fandom act like Danny Devito when it comes to Pokemon. (As in people asking what is MLP and why do people like it in disgust.)

It doesn’t matter if people have legit reasons to criticize the episodes or lose interest in the show after Season 3, but it feels like they want MLP to be forgotten just because of bad episodes or bad changes. Same happening with other shows that I won’t mention because this thread is all about MLP.

I am just bitter that the movie’s failure has to do with the franchise being niche and lesser-known to be attracted to audiences in theatres. A sequel would have helped redeem Hasbro in the film industry since most of their films were F’d in the a by critics according to Rotten Tomatoes. (And the marketing by Lionsgate and the fact that it leaked the posters and the movie just didn’t help the case either. And No offense, but I don’t care if you didn’t like the film, it’s your opinion.)

Because of that, I’m worried that the reboot movie coming in 2021 might do the same thing again regardless since people prefer seeing MLP in little tiny TVs rather than big projector screens and, again, the franchise is niche.
Helix988

on topic but both sides of the of the “should Cozy and the other villains be turned to stone?” argument are annoying.
And while Jim getting death threats over the ending of the show was fuck and the people that sent them are absolute scum, i got tired of his vague non-answer answers towards everything in the finale.

This probably isn’t fair, but I think the fans were expecting him to take same interest in the world as Faust did when she would answer questions and engage with fans. And he’s just not that person and doesn’t have that level of investment.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
@Latecomer
Yeah, but it was famous for just being a little girl’s toy franchise. Nothing more. If the stigma towards anything girl oriented didn’t exist, then it would be famous for more than just a little girl’s toy and would be as respected as Transformers.

Transformers and respected in the same sentence? The general public just thinks that Transformers and TMNT are crap for children with a large number of adults who hang around. MLP is in that same boat and that’s all these franchises are ever going to be. Marvel and DC only just climbed out of that hole and they did that by pandering directly to teens and adults.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I Hate Starlight Glimmer and stopped watching regularly when she joined the cast. I hate her guts and think she was a badly thought out and useless addition who cheapened friendship and Redemption.

But did she ruin the show? Nah man. Plenty of good still came after. It was a fun journey and I enjoyed almost every step.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Season 9 was more disappointing than outright bad. It made me go “Oh it could’ve been a hell of a lot better with the material” rather than just “Oh my god, worst season ever!! MLP sucks now!!”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I’m just stating the reality of the situation. If it went on for longer like that, then the ratings would go down and you’d have those complaining that it overstayed its welcome. That is unless the writing staff manage to make some worthwhile episodes and wrap up stuff, but even then you’d have those tuning out over disinterest and burnout.
Background Pony #DE9C
Mlp Fim had a lot of potential to actually be a great interesting out of this world, experience. But it wasn’t… It was just good, but it wasn’t great. The last season had some good episode, but it could’ve been better. Hopefully with the next generation they fix whatever problems gen 4 had. Like maybe keeping a good team of writers who are creative enough to see the potential in something like mlp.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
Besides, if the fandom accepted the changes in every show’s finale or premiere (like Twilicorn or EqG), the show would still live to its potential regardless of the stigma or target demographic. But things be damned, because nothing lasts forever. This is why G4 will be forgotten, because of bad seasons and films and stuff.

Est. 2012
@Myoozik  
Yeah, unless they pull a Transformers by bringing VAs like Cristina Vee or Erica Mendez or Nancy Cartwright. Kinda like they did with Optimus Prime in Cyberverse and War for Cybertron by replacing Peter Cullen with some guy on Vine who did Optimus Prime impressions. (No disrespect to Jake Foushee tho.)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik  
I think her exact words were that she wasn’t going to return as “Twilight Sparkle”.

She could return for G5, just voicing another character.

Then again cosndiering the info for the G5 movie said that it would have both old characters returning and the new characters, maybe Tara just misremembered or got her information wrong.
Helix988

Hopefully with the next generation they fix whatever problems gen 4 had. Like maybe keeping a good team of writers who are creative enough to see the potential in something like mlp.

We’ll just have to wait and see. Pony Life and Hasbro’s other attempts to recapture FiM’s success don’t inspire confidence, though.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik  
Again i think she might have gotten some misinformation since the blurb we got forthe G5 movie seemed to have implied that the G4 mane 6 will be returning.

Either that or she’s on an NDA nd she can’t really say what is gonna happen with G5.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide