Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #756B
@DerpyFast

The Grogar twist, for starters. Reforming villains nobody wanted reformed, like Garble and Ahuizotl. Wasting Rainbow Dash’s last episodes on buckball episodes instead of focusing on the Wonderbolts.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
At least they’re most well known by the whole universe than MLP.

Literally the only people who knows MLP are the fanbase, Weird Al and the Star Trek alumni and that’s it.

If people accepted change, MLP would have been normalized worldwide. Then there wouldn’t be just one movie but three, even if the show ends after 9 seasons.
Helix988

@Hollowfox Jaeger
Yeah, and look how much they suffer for it. Churning out worse and worse material every year.

Spongebob got considerably better after Sponge Out of Water. Not Golden Age good, but decent. I haven’t seen the new movie yet, so I can’t speak for that…
Helix988

@Latecomer
If people accepted change, MLP would have been normalized worldwide. Then there wouldn’t be just one movie but three, even if the show ends after 9 seasons.

I don’t know what the fanbase has to do with that. The movie failed because Hasbro and Lionsgate cheaped out on the budget and refused to advertise it.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Helix988  
I thought it made four times its budget and people said it’s not a failure. Even so, I would assume to be the reason why Hasbro cancelled MLP after nine seasons.

Besides, the whining against the changes (such as EqG and Twilicorn) is what led some fans to agree with them and leave the fandom or be as critical as a majority of people who disliked a lot of episodes (mostly from seasons 4 through 9) which both led to losing interest in the show.

And losing interest can cause a decline of popularity with the franchise.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #756B  
While saying “objectively bad” is ridiculous, for me personally, S9 was the only season to make me drop it outright, so for me personally it’s grounds to make it my least favorite season(though I’d probably quit S6 too if I knew that would have been the last season if that happened)
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@icey wicey 1517  
I still hold the first half of S7 was some of the best the show had to offer(while the second half wasn’t as good, it still had some quality episodes like Marks & Recreation and One Upon a Zeppelin).

While I actually like S8, it suffers a lot of the same problems S6 and 9 did, though a lot of it doesn’t bug me nearly as much(probably because when all the synopses were leaked early, most of the ones I was interested in actually delivered)
Background Pony #756B
I genuinely don’t see how anyone could look at S9 and say, “That was a proper sendoff for the show”.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
on topic but both sides of the of the “should Cozy and the other villains be turned to stone?” argument are annoying.

And while Jim getting death threats over the ending of the show was fuck and the people that sent them are absolute scum, i got tired of his vague non-answer answers towards everything in the finale.
Latecomer

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Would it really be? I don’t think the toys are in similar leagues, for one. And that stigma isn’t going away just because fans accept change.

It always has been famous as a little girl’s toy franchise, and it always will be famous as a little girl’s toy franchise, because that’s what it is. It’s just that for a while, part of that fame was from being “that little girl’s toy franchise that a load of grown men watch for some reason or other - weird, huh?”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide