Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #DE9C
@Helix988  
I know what video your talking about but I don’t think she hates that. I think she was just she was hinting that now mlp had a large male audience and that same audience wanted toys that implemted what they wanted, and they got what they wanted.Forgetting orginally the toys are targeted towards girls or just in general the female audience.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
She’s not sexist, the whole video was supposed to be taken very lightly.But I understand her point though, some mlp fans are very entitled, but they shouldn’t be, not with this type of show. Mlp was orginally meant for females, so for all of sudden a bunch of grown men tells you that the stuff you grew up with is trash, and call you a “fake fan” etc. It could be very disheartening because that’s what she had to go through.Even though the mass majority isn’t like that now and do understand what mlp targeted audience truly is, that does still leave a bad taste in some people’s mouth.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
She wasn’t doing that either, she was basically just poking fun at the whole expreince in a very sacarctic tone. You could still enjoy something that has been around for long time,or something meant for the opposite sex, but that doesn’t mean you should be rude to the other people who have been loving the same thing just longer and who it was actually meant for.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Oh there’s no problem here, it’s the other person who said something about that. I recommend you watching it, it’s a pretty good watch.

@DerpyFast  
I agree, Minty was pretty good as well
Helix988

@Background Pony #DE9C
Hasbro still do make toys for the girls, don’t they?

They do and they were making combable figures at the same time as Guardians of Harmony. Her complaint about focusing too much on the core characters also doesn’t work since they were still doing blind bags and other lines that included the extended cast. But acknowledging that would get in the way of a good argument.

@Background Pony #DE9C  
@Hollowfox Jaeger
She wasn’t doing that either, she was basically just poking fun at the whole expreince in a very sacarctic tone. You could still enjoy something that has been around for long time,or something meant for the opposite sex, but that doesn’t mean you should be rude to the other people who have been loving the same thing just longer and who it was actually meant for.

No, I think she was just using sarcasm as mask to make the same arguments that she’s jumped all over Star Wars fanboys for having in regards to Forces of Destiny line or The Last Jedi.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Helix988  
I’d have to diagree. Jenny has no qualms with the Mlp fandom, heck she was considerd “Horse Famous”during the hype of the fandom.I think that whole video was just to give a run down on how Bronies came to be, while adding her two cents and her experinces with it. In regarding the toys , they had change in a way sinces bronies have been a thing. I mean look at what it used to be then, than what it is recently.  
full

vs

full
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #DE9C  
Brushables always existed, they never went away, showing something from a different line at the end isn’t relevant to the claim.

They did get massively more homogenized and got less character variety and mostly stuck to just mane 6, and saying “well other lines like blind bags had more characters” doesn’t really apply as that is a different line and people who collected brushables (me included) wanted more brushable characters, not tiny blind bags.
Background Pony #DE9C
@LightningBolt  
Oh, I understand that, but look how the packeging from 2010 was hot pink and I guess more “girly”. But as Jenny said more or less bronies wanted that to change that, now it’s light blue. And I personaly don’t think that bad either.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #DE9C  
Because MLP toys by default have always had brushable hair, that is the foundation and what a majority of collectors (outside of bronies) enjoy and like. It’s understandable that many became frustrated at the over-abundance of the same six characters released over and over in the format they collect and all the character variety being in other toy formats.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #DE9C  
Yes, tho not as drastically as some people believe. G3.5 and later years G3 were focused on releasing the same seven ponies over and over, early G4 actually had more variety than then from the get-go, and overall probably had about as much as them if not more. Tho there likely would have been a bit more of it, and also probably less other lines, had bronies not become a thing.
Background Pony #756B
Season 9 sucked, and I can’t believe there are fans who believe otherwise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide