Pony Venting Thread

Sadrai

Okay I will vent about something else. So I remember when I saw someone say that Neighsay should have been the big villain for season 8 final but that would make no sense at all since why would Neighsay put pony kind in danger or steal all the magic?
Helix988

@Sadrai  
I think whoever said that probably would’ve given Neighsay a villain scheme more appropriate to his character. Like creating an Equestrian version of ICE to target the Student Six. Or something.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Shitposting
@Sadrai  
Maybe what they wanted was a ‘Part Two’ of ‘School Daze’ where the focus of the episode is Neighsay trying to take over the school again instead of it just being a subplot in a Cozy Glow episode. After all, School Daze did seem to end in a way that implied Neighsay would return.
Latecomer

@Twiface  
And some of Cozy’s behaviour in episodes like Friendship University suggest that at one point she was being written (or at least teased) as Neighsay’s spy.
Sadrai

I remember seeing a meme saying how you shouldn’t ship Maud and Mudbriar I get that people don’t like Mudbriar but come on don’t crap on other people for liking them together.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I sometimes envy TV Tropes for how they seem to give the characters the benefit of a doubt with their tropes used to describe them. I wish I can do the same myself for the characters without sounding biased.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Voice of Reason’s review of FIW is so cringy even his response.

Ugh. Is this what being a pretentious critic is like? Oh no Fiw’s too obvious with switching the elements around. You could say the same thing about the MLP show! MLP is a show that often uses obvious tropes and humor as well. But it’s the execution that matters! The element switching might be a little obvious but it’s still an interesting thought. I can’t help but think he was angry that the joke was implying Rainbow and AJ should have had the opposite cutie marks. But whether you with agree or not, it’s still an interesting funny little thought to bring up.

Voice of Reason is welcome to his opinion but I don’t agree with it.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Still to this day I’d agree the Applejack should’ve been the Element of Loyalty, and Rainbow Dash vice versa.People tend to forget that abridges aren’t supposed to be taken seriously, they’re parodies.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
And where have you heard that?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Still to this day I’d agree the Applejack should’ve been the Element of Loyalty, and Rainbow Dash vice versa.People tend to forget that abridges aren’t supposed to be taken seriously, they’re parodies.

Even if not, you can still find the joke funny because you see where they’re coming from.
Background Pony #DE9C
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Why would someone even Review something like that so seriously? It’s like watching a comedy movie like let’s say “Space Balls” and saying it’s garbage bececuase it makes fun of Star Wars, like that literally the point.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I haven’t heard from the creators but if you’re talking about Twilight’s semi-incest episode, then I’m pretty sure that was just an absurdist joke.

As for Cadence, well I found her interesting as a foil to the crazier characters in the episode. Maybe the creators were trying to imply Cadence was boring in the show, but I still had fun with the FIW Cadence. And maybe they were just having fun with Cadence not trying to day she was boring.

But you I understand. From a personal standpoint I hate when Rarity portrayed as a rich snob figure. I usually dislike seeing that in comics so I avoid those. So honestly I understand.

I guess you could say its my personal taste.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Twi Clown  
Eh, I find Shitiverse by Jakeneutron and Code Ment from PurpleEyesWTF funnier. Is just that if Meghan McCarthy didn’t write Part 1 of A Canterlot Wedding as a Twilight vs. Cadance drama (before Chrysalis’ reveal), that episode wouldn’t exist. I am not against parodies, I just don’t like incest nor Cadance slander.

Heck, Twilight wouldn’t hate Cadance for the sake of wanting her onii-chan in Part 1 if people didn’t hate Cadance before ACW. Or if Faust didn’t say that “Luna and Celestia are the only alicorns” and knew that things will change, even if she left the show.
Helix988

mostly because the creators support incest and hate Cadance.

I don’t know about all that, but she did a video about her experience with the fandom. She resents Bronies for hijacking the original G1-G3 My Little Pony fandom and thinks Bronies are creepy weirdos in general.
Background Pony #DE9C
She resents Bronies for hijacking the original G1-G3 My Little Pony fandom

G1 isn’t even that bad.I’d dare to say it’s more fantasy like than all the other generations, if you include the little comics as well.So I understand that point
Helix988

It goes further than that, she doesn’t like how the toys don’t look like horses anymore, she hates the Guardians of Harmony line for having articulation like action figures as opposed to combable hair, and hates how focused the line is on the core cast (Mane 6, Princesses, CMC, etc.) as opposed to having a huge line of different characters.
Latecomer

@Helix988  
Well, the first part was before bronies even happened. The last too, although FIM’s popularity may have cemented it. As for the middle, I bet there was market reasearch involved at some point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide