Pony Venting Thread

Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Eh, people would have lost interest in the show eventually. Personally I think it was more that Bronydom was kind of a fad and that a lot of people just moved on to other things.
Sadrai

Man I read a fanfic and man have u ever read a fanfic were the writer clearly didn’t like a character because I read one like that once and it was bad.
Background Pony #B9E6
@Sadrai  
Here’s a question: Is it worse if a fic has it out for a character or if the fic absolutely adores and shills a character above the others? Like making a canon character out to be much better than they are in the source material?
Sadrai

One fanfic in particular I was talking about was one I read about Snails asking Sweetie bell on date. The writer clearly didn’t like or know how to write Snails(the writer even admitted to both) and most the fanfic is spent with Sweetie saying she “hates Snails” in her mind and the fanfic just felt mean. I know Sweetie bell in the show hoped Snails wasn’t her secret admirer in that episode about Sugar bell an Big Mac but this fanfic just left a bad taste in my mouth after reading it.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So this was a picture made all the way back when “Lesson Zero” aired. An early warning that a lot of the fandom wasn’t very savvy when it came to storytelling.

full
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
have u ever read a fanfic were the writer clearly didn’t like a character
Yes. I read one fanfic where the author projected his disdain for Pinkie Pie onto every other character in the story, to the point where her own best friends just begrudgingly tolerated her presence.

The writer clearly didn’t like or know how to write Snails
Why did the author even write that story, then?

@Background Pony #B9E6  
Is it worse if a fic has it out for a character or if the fic absolutely adores and shills a character above the others?
I think the latter is worse. A story that “has it out for a character” could still be good if it’s handled well (eg. a Greek tragedy). One where the story shills and adores a character will be boring and unsuspenseful because the author will never put them in any real danger.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I really want that “Trixie yells at everything” meme to fuck off and die already :/

It hasn’t been funny in years and it’s just for some anon OP to rant or complain about how characters/ships get too much/not enough love.

@Myoozik  
Yeah i think the Snoopy one looks closer to the “deal with it” meme
Sadrai

@Twiface  
I forgot why but it was probably for dumb reason like Snails In the story didn’t even talk like himself at all and the date wasn’t even that long, it was so frustrating to read.
Sadrai

I remember some people were upset that Snails got a episode in buckball season but Celestia didn’t at that point which I find dumb because buckball season wasn’t really a Snails episode he was a supporting character in it but I he wasn’t the main character or focus.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide