Pony Venting Thread

Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Pie
why wouldn’t they open a school that teaches these clearly in-demand skills?

For a show based around characters learning about friendship, it was inevitable that they would start running out of lessons to learn. The show had sort of reached this point by Season 6. Naturally, they would have to take on the role of teachers and share their knowledge with others for the show to continue.
Sadrai

@Twiface  
And make it include other races was smart I remember someone who worked on the show say something about coming up with the student 6 being different races than all of them just ponies which imo was a smart move.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Pie
@Wiimeiser  
@Myoozik

The movie wasn’t necessarily about the Hippogriffs in particular, but rather it was about expanding the scope of the show beyond Equestria/ponies with semi-pony (hippogriff, changeling, kirin, etc.) and non-pony (griffon, yak, dragon, etc.) races. Meanwhile, Season 7’s arc about the Pillars was about deepening the lore of Equestria proper.

I think the conflict here is that Seasons 8 and 9 tried to do both at once: deepen the lore of Equestria while ALSO expanding the show beyond Equestria.

@Wiimeiser  
@Myoozik

The movie wasn’t necessarily about the Hippogriffs in particular, but rather it was about expanding the scope of the show beyond Equestria/ponies with semi-pony (hippogriff, changeling, kirin, etc.) and non-pony (griffon, yak, dragon, etc.) races. Meanwhile, Season 7’s arc about the Pillars was about deepening the lore of Equestria proper.

I think the conflict here is that Seasons 8 and 9 tried to do both at once: deepen the lore of Equestria while ALSO expanding the show beyond Equestria. And because they didn’t go all-in on either one, they did both poorly.
Sadrai

Has anyone seen that image that has a lot of Mlp villains,monsters, and minor antagonists on it because it included Snips and Snails and it just feels weird there on it since they never been villains or minor antagonists and they look so out of place on the image.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I think the conflict here is that Seasons 8 and 9 tried to do both at once: deepen the lore of Equestria while ALSO expanding the show beyond Equestria. And because they didn’t go all-in on either one, they did both poorly.

AKA things that the show didn’t need to do.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
Not in the fan’s eyes.

They don’t like Twilicorn, they don’t like the castle, they don’t like the Changedlings, they don’t like Flurry Heart. Hell, they don’t like the new writers.

It’s like they want things to stay the same.

This is why I fear that G4 will be forgotten without any love or redemption since G5 is coming.
Background Pony #3A37
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
My exact thoughts too. There are still things that are hated to the core as if they’re still fresh. 2020 is the last year we can enjoy pone until it is ultimately replaced by G5. Despite no solid news about its story, I still have a bad feeling about it. Perhaps a large division of the fandom. Or worse, a civil war like scenario. Part of me thinks that G5 will return to the cutesy state, but I highly doubt Hasbro wants that. Another part of me thinks it makes sense, because after a long lasting and exhaustive run of a series that once no one thought it would take off, it would be best to chill with the complex plot.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide