Pony Venting Thread

TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Kiryu-Chan  
Lol, are you still talling crap about Flurry Heart? She barely appeared, just to make bronies like you happy.  
And there was nothing wrong with the Student Six. Fun characters. And I think reformed Starlight was used nicely.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
@TheSultanAkbar  
I think the Student Six were improperly developed. There should have been more time spent developing their characters and giving the audience reasons to care about them.

Ideally each would have had an episode (preferably in Season 8) focused on developing their character (or, if that’s too much, three episodes that develop them in pairs). ‘The Hearth’s Warming Club’ and ‘She’s All Yak’ were good examples because they took characters I had initially written off as uninteresting and got me to care about them (though I think ‘She’s All Yak’ should have been in Season 8, but better late than never, I guess). Smolder and Silverstream got episodes that were ostensibly about them but got hijacked by other characters (Garble and Starlight-Trixie-Maud-Mudbriar, respectively). I wanted to like Ocellus, but they never showed us anything about her that we didn’t already get from the scene where she first appeared. And Sandbar is called “Blandbar” for a reason. All of them should have gotten this development before the Season 8 finale, and in the finale they should have played a larger role where each would utilize their unique talents, akin to the Season 6 finale but much less contrived.

I do understand though that the writers were between a rock and a hard place, since spending too much time on the Student Six would give people the impression that the Mane Six were being supplanted as the focus of the show, while not giving them enough attention would make people question why they were even introduced at all. But in hindsight, I think that by taking the safe route and limiting the Student Six’s screen time, there were missed opportunities to develop the characters further in ways that could win over the skeptics.

Regarding Flurry Heart, I just kinda found her annoying because there isn’t much to her beyond “cute baby who ruins stuff.” I am, however, very interested in speculation about what Flurry Heart will be like when she’s older, as I consider that to be fertile ground for developing a very interesting character.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Twiface  
Like I said, the reason she remained a “cute baby who destroys stuff” (she’s just a baby) is precisely because you’d bitch and moan if she did appear. She was introduced because SA and Cadance had to have a child. They are married.
TheSultanAkbar

@northern haste  
Exactly. I just… don’t understand the logic behind seeing less of characters you don’t like. It just makes them even less developed and only reenforces your personal dislike of them. Just like with Flash Sentry. I mean, FFS he’d be developed IF YOU LET HIM APPEAR!
Background Pony #8114
I have absolutely no faith in G5 being as good as G4, or even good at all. Everything, from seasons 6-9 of G4, to how mediocre the movie was, to Pony Life, tells me that the show succeeded in SPITE of Hasbro, not because of them, and Hasbro has no idea why people liked MLP: FiM in the first place. G5 won’t be good unless they get a great team to work on it like they did for G4, and I just don’t see that happening.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Penguin Dragneel  
Like I’m just throwing it out here, the show still had the Mane 6 as a focus after Season 4, it’s that they wanted to develop and expand on the side characters.

@icey wicey 1517  
I was fine with the world building, that was actually my favorite part of the show.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Seeing how a lot of modern cartoons are putting more emphasis on world building and story arcs, I wouldn’t be surprised if G5 is the same.

@Kiryu-Chan  
One of its high points but not the best
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Twiface  
I would’ve like it if it showed Flurry Heart progressively growing up and realizing the burden and responsibilities she’s gonna face becoming the next ruler of the Crystal Empire.

@Background Pony #8114  
Then it’s probably best to not see it when it comes out?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik  
Ah, well imoi found the worldbuilding of the show to be the weakest part of it.

It was always best when it was just focusing more on the characters then the world, and a lot of attempts at worldbuilding didn’t really work for me.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@icey wicey 1517  
If it had more time, then the world building could’ve been a lot stronger and I think that the characters could be developed with the world building by having them learn from the world around them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide