Pony Venting Thread

Latecomer

@Myoozik  
Certainly Season 1 has it’s own unique feel, but whether that is superior or inferior to that of later seasons is most likely a matter of preference.

@Beau Skunky  
Would you say characters reached their full potential in Season 2?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Latecomer  
Not quite, but their personalities, and the show’s style, humor, and stride kinda reached consistency, and it paved way to development, and world building for future seasons.

Not saying it’s a perfect season, mind you, seeing as “Mare Do-Well” is one of the least popular episodes. (Though, “Feeling Pinkie-Keen” was kinda controversial too, so Season 1 wasn’t perfect either.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Latecomer  
Season 1 wasn’t perfect either frankly. It had inconsistencies, like the first episode we see the CMC together, long before they met.  
Heck, we don’t even learn Sweetie is Rarity’s sister until late in Season 1, and it lead to fans debating on if she lived with Rarity, or not, until their parents were revealed next season. Luna’s existence was also ignored in the season finale, among other things.

I like Season 1, I just don’t think it’s the pinnacle of the series like some fans do. In fact, Season 2 isn’t my favorite season either.
Latecomer

@Beau Skunky  
The first is a bit of an oddity, true. The second I don’t really see the problem with. And details matter less than the overall tone and quality.

There isn’t a single S1 episode I don’t think is good, and I can’t say that of any other Season. That said, Season 7 has at least as many great episodes, even if there are a few flops mixed in - and it’s storytelling is more evolved in a way compared to Season 1’s. They’re my joint favourites.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Latecomer  
I dunno, as much as I liked S1, there are a few eps I found a bit dull. Like the dress making episode, but it had great songs admittedly.

In fact, truthfully when I first watched the show’s two-parter premiere I wasn’t that impressed by it at first. (I didn’t appreciate it until after watching it a second time, after watching all the other S1 episodes released so far.) It was ok, had some nice humor, a nice adventure arc, but it didn’t really introduce most of the characters well, (it’s a better watch for me after getting to know the characters better) and the plot reminded me at times of the Barbie movies I was forced to watch with my neice, and such where she had to stop some villain or something.

It wasn’t until I saw “Ticket Master” I started to enjoy the show, and understand it’s appeal. The episode’s plot was a li’l sillier, but at the end when the characters realize the trouble they’ve been giving Twilight, and genuinely feel bad, and show how much they care, that’s kinda when the show clicked with me.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Closest I’ve seen was this. >>2422094 Still, that’s nothing compared to what other characters went through.

@northern haste  
Is that a joke about all the “New Derpibooru-like sites?” I can’t even use them if I wanted to, because their images won’t even load for me for me. (Due to the constant mass-uploading.) I also hear they’re kinda keeping the Derpi drama going, and ironically it’s died down a bit here. I’d rather avoid that.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
It’s a joke how the only thing they change Is having less things on the banned list. One of them doesn’t even have a do not post list and is importing stuff that was deleted from this site.  
It’s quite to respectful to the artists actually
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Oh yeah… That guy. He also tagged a few with “CalArts.”

I really find the “CalArts” hate remarks from many bronies ironic, because all those so-called “CalArts style” shows, aren’t made by CalArts cartoonists. Further irony is, Lauren Faust herself IS from CalArts. So they should actually like CalArts.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
He’s also one of the people who was comparing the show to actual shit before  
the show actually premiered. Trying to pull that stupid If somebody was trying to crap on your plate argument
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
He’s also trying to act like PL-haters are “victims,” and aren’t allowed to have a say. Which I don’t get, because they’ve had plenty of say in the past few months. If you look at earlier PL pics especially, you’ll see hardly any positive comments, and tons of broniea bashing of the show before it even came out. (Sound familiar, Equestria Girls fans?) Meanwhile, anyone saying anything optimistic, or saying they like the cartoonier style, or even the stop-motion official shorts get hassled in them for “wrongthink.”  
I got hassled for “not hating PL” so much, (for that matter, I’m not exactly in love with it either) I actually almost left this site, and almost refused to watch it, only because it’d remind me of the drama I went through… (That’s partially why I was so depressed a few months ago. and made some seemingly “OOC” remarks, I’m having enough problems IRL, without getting crap online adding to my stress.)

Also, ironic of him to say he wants his opinion respected, while disrespecting others like me.

Though, maybe we should stop talking about him… I don’t like gossiping. (Even if he was passive-aggressive to me…)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide