Pony Venting Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
@Dustcan  
How ironic… And I recall Pencils even got heat from fans for their official IDW art “not being as good as it usually is,” so now Pencils understands what it’s like being Jay Fosgitt. So maybe that’s karma.

I wasn’t trying to compare fan & official works though, I was just pointing out all the annoying “PL is TTG” remarks are ironic, because fan-works with edgier and/or mean-spirited humor that are more similar to TTG get nothing, but praise regardless how they’re drawn.  
(And honestly PL isn’t like that IMO.)

@northern haste  
I remember “Double Rainboom” got some heat from fans for being more of an unexpected PPG crossover then a “true to the original show” fan animation, but it wasn’t bad… Just kinda overdid the fanservice a bit so it didn’t feel like an authentic MLP episode like it promised it would.

Ironically, many ex-bronies loved it.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I heard it was actually done as a school project. So really they just completely marketed it wrong. As a fan animation it’s fine but as an episode it falls flat because the show would never do such a thing
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, when I watched it, I didn’t feel like it was an authentic episode, it felt like a fan animation, so they should’ve just regarded it as that. It was well animated though, (so maybe they just meant the animation was going to be official episode quality? If that’s the case, they succeeded) and they worked hard on it, and I admire that. I think some fans might’ve been too hard on it.
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I just checked the original upload is still online just unlisted you can still watch it

@Beau Skunky  
I did just check the trailer (which interestingly enough makes no reference to Powerpuff girls) and it does that outside fan made episode. Yeah they never should have called it a fan episode.I remember when I was first watching it thinking that the plot was going to be rainbow dash trying to make it up for the damaged the double rainbow caused which if they did that it probably would have been more worthy of being called a fan episode
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, the trailer was a bit misleading, which is probably why some got upset. The only hint about it’s style of humor was the famed “Trollface” appearing in the potion smoke.

That was honestly the only gag that I felt might’ve been “too much.”  
The Trollface is copyrighted now by the original Trollface creator, (whom got upset that some were profiting off his creation) so it’s not fair use anymore. So I’m curious if that could lead to legal issues too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Not to mention, the whole Ken “DONOTSTEAL” Penders legal incident where he tried to copyright his Sonic comic characters behind Archie’s & Sega’s backs leading to issues later on, and why we can’t have those characters in the comics anymore…

I recall, many got so angry over the Trollface copyright, they stopped meme-ing the face, so that’s why it kinda died off lately.
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I just realised when g5 does eventually come out people are going to complain about them changing things completely ignoring that g4 already changed things from previous generations.  
We already saw people complaining about the g4 m6 having their race changed in the concept art(even though g3 rainbow dash was not a pegasus)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Okay now I’m starting to get pretty annoyed at those who are overly defending and giving way way too much sympathy for the villain trio in the finale. I haven’t been minding it for a few months, but just seeing it bubble up more and more with those obsessing about it and making a huge deal out of it is getting on my nerves. I just see macro and macro and drawing are drawing and argument after argument about this and these people should just move on with their lives. Seriously…
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
Sadly there it isn’t. I just don’t know why they keep treating it like it’s the absolute worst thing in the world when they can just move on and do other things with their spare time.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
Yeah, I’m getting tired of it too. It’s especially annoying when they pretend they never did anything wrong, and also argue other reformed characters did worse, or deserve worse punishments… (Which contradicts their constant argument that “Anyone can be reformed/Everyone deserves a chance.”) It also gets annoying when they demonize the good guys.

I feel the fanbase romanticizes the villain characters too much sometimes… It’s like all that “cutesy Cozy,” or “Sweetheart, caring, bug Mama” fanart brainwashed them. (And let’s face it, nobody ever begged for Tirek to be reformed until after his association with those two.)
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Beau Skunky  
I can handle the strawmanning, but I just hate the woobification and how they’re portrayed as precious angels who “didn’t get a chance” and all that. It’s melodramatic and whiny as all hell.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
Yeah, it’s honestly getting old.

I can kinda understand why people are a li’l bent about Cozy, (I kinda like her too… Though, unlike most I can accept she’s evil) seeing as she’s just a kid… (A psychotic, coniving, backstabbing, manipulative kid whom almost destroyed all magic, and tried to permanently imprison the Mane 6 herself, and almost turned into an eldrich abomination) But to constantly pretend she’s innocent, and perfect is a downright lie.

Pretending Chrysalis is a “caring Mother” (ignoring the fact, her children were just canon fodder for her, and even baby Thorax feared her) and such is a li’l ridiculous too.

Tirek meanwhile has no real redeeming factors either, besides having a cool nose ring. If he was allowed to have his way, Equestria would be a burning wasteland.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide