Pony Venting Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
All the people saying P.L. is like TTG, have they even ever watched a full ep’ of TTG? I’ve seen several. (My nephews like it.)  
P.L. is not TTG, believe me.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Ironically, I’ve seen MLP:FIM fanart. and fan-animations with edgy “preteen” TVPG style humor that’s more like TTG, and those regardless get nothing, but praise.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Beau Skunky  
Because we don’t expect anything that good from fans. We expect a bit more from from paid professionals whom I’ve been told are ‘eons’ beyond what we mere peasants are capable of.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I believe one of the issues was teen Titans go is that it’s mean-spirited and constantly made a mockery of the original show even flat out dubbing episodes.also I’ve seen people claim that pony life flanderised the characters but ttg pretty much just replaced their characters
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Mlp was always primarily a lighthearted slice of life show. I get the hate when shows like teen titans and Thundercats get the GO treatment, that stuff was heroic adventure type stuff that presented themselves as mature children’s shows. But you’d think MLP getting Go’d wouldn’t be that big of a whiplash. The art style ain’t to my taste but everything else is the same with more of a focus on the funnies.  
I don’t mind ponylife.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
Y’know, Lauren Faust was a MLP fan in her youth. Meanwhile, writer of the Sonic & Megaman official comics Ian Flynn was a fan of those games in his youth too, and used to write for fancomics.

A professional is usually just a fan that got lucky.

@northern haste  
Frankly, because it’‘s not as mean-Spirited as “Go” and such, I think it’s unfair to wrte it off as TTG.  
It’s like people are unaware other wacky cartoons existed before that series.

And the “denser and wackier” trope has been around forever. Look at “Adventures of Sonic.” and the “Slimer” shorts from “The Real Ghostbusters” for example. Would be consider those TTG too, even though they’re not alike?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
That could be interesting.

Sense this is kinda a reboot, that means he’d probably be a villain again, so maybe the ponies have to trick him into saying his name backwards to send him back to his home dimension.  
Oh, and he has to troll Celestia too, just so we can see her make cute & funny annoyed expressions.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I feel like people forget that fan animators don’t have all the restrictions placed on them compared to having an actual job working at an animation studio.

Fan animators don’t need to worry about deadlines, trying to work with the same style as everyone else, having to make sure everything is in the same tone for the show and age appropriate, people telling them to redo animations, make sure that literally everyone else approves of your work, ect…

A lot of fan animators can normally do their own thing at their own pace without having to worry about restrictions or deadlines (unless it’s something self-imposed)
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@icey wicey 1517  
This.

Its so tedious when people compares fan stuff with official stuff. Yes, fans can do high quality work than official work, but thats because they have ALL THE TIME OF WORLD to do it, without pressure or anything.

It reminds me too that case of Pencils redrawing a comic page made by Fosgitt, just to “represent how a fan can do better than someone working with IDW”.

And guess what? Pencils got hired, and frankly, its work is not at the same level of quality than its webcomics.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@[Ω]

And Pencils bragged about how he could totally maintain his usual standard on official products if hired at the same time of keeping up with his fan comics.

Neither of those turned out to be true.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide