Pony Venting Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I see that kinda thing from both sides frankly, and it’s been like that with every show drama sense the royal wedding & Twilicorn.

Also, sometimes, just because somebody disagrees, or voices a rebuttal, doesn’t mean they’re attacking your opinion, or you personally. There’s no need to be so ashamed of your opinions, especially when many do agree with you.

I disagree with you, and I think you’re a nice guy. :)

@Myoozik  
Indeed.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Red-Supernova  
I wouldn’t, at least not in the way where you want people to immediately accept your opinions right away or want to to engage in a discussion with you. Really that’ll just drive people away from you and put you down even more. It’s really best to just say your thoughts and wait for a response and discuss the matter in a civil way.

You also got to learn that different opinions/disagreeing with you =/= being put down
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
If I recall correctly Scorpan was supposed to be at the beginning of the movie that was cut because newcomers would have no idea who he is. although I don’t think he was ever supposed to be a important character in the movie
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Well….part of me does want to throw smack at The Perfect Pear as well but its appears to be fandom law that is the one Apple Family episode you do not fuck with from what I’ve seen. I will apologize ahead of time saying its not one of my personal favorite episodes and I’ll just leave it at that. The best thing that did come out of it was that it was the inspiration of one of my favorite pony OCs.

She needs more art. Both regular and lewds.

I know but I wish after Twilight’s Kingdom he would have toned down his “trollness” since the ending of that episode implied to me that he will try harder to be a decent friend. Its also because I never asked for him to be redeemed back in Seasons 2 and 3 and did have more interest in Chrysalis as well. So yeah, you can call them bad excuses about why I speak so strongly against Discord all you want but I still stand by what I think.  
Even though I’d like to see the villain trio get a better ending, I never said they would go unpunished. I’ve already came up with what their punishment would be once they start learning to change their lives.

To be honest, I never saw Tirek or Cozy Glow reforming either……before Season 9 happened. Now that it has happened, I don’t think it would be fair to give Chrysalis a better ending by leaving behind the other two people she has forged a bond with. Even though they will continue to argue with one another, I can see them as being moral support for when one of them is being pushed outside their comfort zone.

Don’t worry, I never wanted Diamond Tiara dead. Its just that Ponyville Confidential’s third act was just so painful to watch that I just feel that I can’t forgive Diamond Tiara for that.

@northern haste  
Sorry. It was meant to be a vent over how I wish the show had more TV seasons than 9 and I take my frustration out on episodes that didn’t captivate me much.

@Beau Skunky  
It may have some things I disliked but I still liked the finale. I’m not as angry with it as most people think I am.

@Beau Skunky  
I know. I just thought I would never see myself being part of a finale’s drama.

Thanks dude. I’m just glad you understand me.

@Myoozik  
I’ve been sensitive about my opinions for who knows how long in my life and being reminded of what you just said is something I need to hear my life when I’m like this. But does this mean if I find someone who agrees with me but isn’t up for sticking around long enough to hear what else I have to say, I should just leave it at that?

@Jarkes  
That concept does sound badass.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I’m almost afraid to ask, because I don’t wanna create any arguments, but I’m genuinely curious why you don’t like “The Perfect Pear” as honestly I can’t think of anything wrong with the episode, other then maybe some finding it being “too sappy/sad.” (But personally, I like bittersweet things too.)

I was actually against Discord reforming at first, but now I find him more interesting as an anti-hero, and a “not always reliable & questionable ally” for the main 6. If he lost all his trolling aspects, he wouldn’t be Discord anymore, and I’m not as interested in reformed villains, whom never screw up, or are instantly perfect citizens. (Maybe this is why characters like Sunset are a li’l dull to me, as she’s practically a whole new character then the one from the first EqG movie.) And at times he has his good points, like sometimes he genuinely gets along with the Mane 6, or helps them.

I don’t think Chrysalis really forged a bond with them, in fact, they kinda act like they kinda hate each other, but it was interesting & funny how at times they do get along in a common factor that they hate Twilight, want to take over, and such. Their “friendship” just wasn’t as tight as the Mane 6 or Student 6, so that’s why they lost.

I recall Diamond Tiara got her comeuppance at the end of that episode, lost her school paper job, chewed out by Cheerilee, (Tiara even looked sad) given a crappy school paper job, and then humiliated in front of everyone, and covered in ink.  
So I don’t understand holding a grudge against her for that one episode, but not having any problem with anything the villainous trio did, no offense. I think that’s why I’m so annoyed by the whole “trio” drama, (again, no offense) as I keep seeing people whom want Discord/Starlight/Tiara dead for their misdeeds, (wasn’t saying you do) but ignore everything the villainous trio did.  
Not to mention, they ignore Sombra’s fate, and are fine with what happened to him. (Arguably, he had a worse fate, so at least the trio didn’t suffer the same fate.)

And yeah, it’s good not to be too angry over it, otherwise it’ll just upset you more. Hope you feel better though. :)
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ardashir

It’s the same/similar reason why people resent the shit out of villains/dicks like Umbridge from Harry Potter: you probably haven’t met a Voldemort, but you probably have had an Umbridge in your life. It hits far closer to home, with those types.

@Beau Skunky

I don’t think Chrysalis really forged a bond with them, in fact, they kinda act like they kinda hate each other, but it was interesting & funny how at times they do get along in a common factor that they hate Twilight, want to take over, and such. Their “friendship” just wasn’t as tight as the Mane 6 or Student 6, so that’s why they lost.

It’s pretty obvious that she didn’t like either of them; one only needs to look at her attitude of “are you really scared of ‘one little pony?’” (Twilight) with Tirek, or how she immediately got pissy when Cozy Glow laid claim to Celestia and Luna’s magic, how she plainly didn’t want to rule alongside them in one kingdom, going at it alone when it was all said and done, and how her response to Tirek bringing up concerns of “don’t toy with the Windigos, they could hurt us if we let them grow strong” is to go hissy pissy on him.

…It’s kind of ironic, how Tirek was the one to do this:

Queen Chrysalis: I don’t think we should. This could work out quite well for me.
Lord Tirek: You mean us.
Queen Chrysalis: The harsh weather is the final blow to break the ponies’ spirits. Once Equestria is a frozen wasteland, we’ll use our magic to destroy those windy beasts. Ponies will be so grateful, they’ll do whatever I want!
Lord Tirek: The windigos are ancient magic. It would be unwise to leave them unchecked. Best we deal with them now.
Queen Chrysalis: [snarls]

Considering his attitude in Twilight’s Kingdom was:

Lord Tirek: Getting rid of your magic so that I cannot take it from you? That was your plan? How does it feel, knowing that soon, every Pegasus, unicorn and Earth pony will bow to my will, and that there is nothing you can do to stop it?
Princess Celestia: You will not prevail, Tirek.
Lord Tirek: Give my regards to Cerberus.
Discord: You meant our will, didn’t you?
Lord Tirek: Of course.

(either he’s just being a hypocrite on that one, or he can be a better team player if you’re not Discord and he doesn’t hate you for being too different; after all, he did go to Equestria with his brother initially to steal magic, before he made the mistake of not listening)

…in regards to before that, Chrysalis wasn’t smiling because Cozy Glow was floating into Tirek’s arms at the end of The Summer Sun Setback, she came across to me as smirking because he had to give up his stolen magic, putting the two of them on similar grounds in power.
Ardashir

@AC97  
[bq=”AC97”] @Ardashir
It’s the same/similar reason why people resent the shit out of villains/dicks like Umbridge from Harry Potter: you probably haven’t met a Voldemort, but you probably _have had an Umbridge in your life. It hits far closer to home, with those types._
I suppose so, though I’ve never read that series (had a pair of relations who kept pushing at me to do it and who couldn’t talk about anything else for years; drove me up the wall).
It is interesting to note, though, that a very few fans I know of who have dealt with truly evil and not just obnoxious people (I.e., a couple of them did prison ministry/therapy for guys in state prison, and one did it a few decades back in Latin America, no fooling. You do NOT want to know what he saw and he’s only told me a very little about it) and who commented on the characters to me said flat out that Spoony and DT were just obnoxious and vicious kids who needed at most a boot in the rear, while Chrysalis and Tirek deserved everything they got in the end.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
The episode focused on characters that I don’t hold in very high regard compared to others. I would have loved so see other characters I love get more screentime but since this was the first time we were seeing Applejack’s parents, it becomes a big deal and I can understand that.

Those are reasonable points, its just that I feel Discord could have been handled better. How? Well, its hard to explain.

Understandable and its also why they lost. But I feel Frenemies showed that there was some sort of bond in them. They just don’t want to admit it. Or rather Chrysalis doesn’t. But if you feel that they completely can’t stand each other, that’s fine.

Yes but did the Crusaders even tell an authority figure like Cheerilee that were being blackmailed? That way the whole town could have been like “Oh, now we feel like complete and utter shits.” No. And I think that deserves a bigger punishment along with Diamond Tiara’s demotion.  
Its possibly because as what other people said, the stuff Diamond Tiara did back when she was bad felt more relatable compared to legit villains like Chrysalis and Tirek.  
It was before they had to truly work together but I can see that even after working together they still think of Sombra as “Well, nothing of value was lost. :P” But you won’t like one of my other ideas that I have Twilight think over for my continuity.

Thank you. I’m doing my best to maintain my composure in threads like these.

@AC97  
Apologies for sounding cringy with my fanon but one of my ideas to “enhance” the finale was Cozy Glow pitching in her own idea to Chrysalis and Tirek about what to do with the Windigos. She whispers the idea to them and they find themselves all being for her idea once the time comes.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan

Despite what his preoccupation with being buff may lead you to believe, Tirek is much, much less prone to having his ego get the better of him compared to Chrysalis, he’s wiser than Cozy is, and he’s less focused on sadism than Chrysalis is; if he hated Starlight as much as Chrysalis does, he’d have probably just killed her immediately, and he was smart enough to keep bargaining chips in case Twilight wasn’t easily surmountable.

In terms of competence/intelligence/pragmatism, I’d rate the villains Tirek ≥ Cozy Glow >>> Chrysalis. Chrysalis is just bad when it comes to letting her ego get inflated, despite her intelligence, and unlike Discord, she can’t actually get away with it under most circumstances.

(As for Sombra, well, he did get more ego in S9 [I can think of a few ways to partially handwave that maybe] but I’d still rank him above Chrysalis with that in mind, because he didn’t lose to ego in S3.)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, we all know that MLP’s world building has always had more holes than a Swiss cheese. But what I would really like to know now is: how many inhabitants of Canterlot actually died when Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy blew up half of the city? ;-)

But seriously. If you didn’t know it is a show for kids, you might think that the three of them could easily be the greatest mass murderers in the history of Equestria. ;-D
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It is interesting to note, though, that a very few fans I know of who have dealt with truly evil and not just obnoxious people (I.e., a couple of them did prison ministry/therapy for guys in state prison, and one did it a few decades back in Latin America, no fooling. You do NOT want to know what he saw and he’s only told me a very little about it) and who commented on the characters to me said flat out that Spoony and DT were just obnoxious and vicious kids who needed at most a boot in the rear, while Chrysalis and Tirek deserved everything they got in the end.

Hmm, interesting.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@DarkObsidian  
They blew up half of the castle rather than the city. This is because they liked using that old Canterlot background when showing the castle from a distance compared to making a new background like the movie did. But I wouldn’t be surprised if some ponies were in those parts of the castle once the trio blows it up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide