Pony Venting Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
The show should’ve stayed as it was in Seasons 1-4. Slice of Life with the occasional adventure, and focused more on the characters than lore.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #CE5B  
Agreed, though honestly I wouldn’t of minded more adventure stories.

I don’t get why some fans don’t want any fantasy/adventure, at all… (Especially, given the setting, and the main characters are magical horses.) I’ve seen some complain about any “adventure” episode, and some saying they only want “slice of life.”

Ironically, that “Pony Life” miniseries everyone is having a cow over is going to be nothing, but “slice of life” stories.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
What type of episodes the show should do was never something the fandom truly agreed on.  
I remember around see after season 5 if felt like some people pretty much wanted the show to abandon ponyville altogether and explore new locations. I still remember when people thought that the theme of season 6 was explore Equestria and kept complaining about how it wasn’t doing it
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, some also hoped/feared Twilight becoming a Princess would change the status-quo’, but it didn’t, resulting in some being relieved/disapointed.

The “Cutie-map” seemed nearly abandoned after Season 5, or 6, as well. The “Letters/reports to Celestia” gimmick died, as well.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Penguin Dragneel

What did I miss?

And personally I don’t feel like they made the “majority” of the show focus on it in the later seasons, they just had a little bit more emphasis on it.

Heck, while the final season was airing last year people kept complaining about how they were “wasting time” on slice-of-life stories for the final season instead of “wrapping things up”.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Anyway, does anyone else find the “Fluttershy is secretly the most lustful of the group because it’s always the quiet ones” fanon kind of dumb? It was funny at first, but nowadays it’s just annoying.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@northern haste
Yeah, some also hoped/feared Twilight becoming a Princess would change the status-quo’

HAHAHA no it did. It transformed her from a nerd to a more typical “omg friendship and pink!” type of character. And the fact that it barely got noticed through season 4 in-universe (because most of the scripts were written earlier), except for the mane6 choir being like “Twilight is a princess now remember, I’m so excited, princesses are awesome” to hammer it in EVERY 2 MINUTES made s4 the worst season for me. It’s also when the biggest brony exoddus happened. So it’s not like “it didn’t change anything”, but more like some people were better at no caring and some gave up and chose to ignore it.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Vree  
Honestly, I felt her princess status was barely even mentioned, or regarded outside the Season opener, and finale in S4.

Actually, I see many whom consider S4 on par with S2 in terms of quality. and if you ask me. Twilight still had plenty of nerdy bookworm-ish moments.

In fact, as I said, some fans’ disapointment with Twilight’s princess status was it didn’t really enable her to do more, or go new places, or do anything, but “smile and wave.”

Also, I think more bronies left during S3, or when Startlight was reformed, or when Flurry appeared, or everytime something happened they didn’t like… (And some apparently keep coming back to complain.)

@northern haste  
Yeah, they did that to Season 9 too.

@Jarkes  
I think they do that, just to “waifu” her more, or justify their ‘ships with her.

@Penguin Dragneel  
I think I can guess what he said… It’s always the same things.  
And I understand, but I’d just like better balance between the casual/life episodes, and adventure/fantasy style ones.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I believe I mentioned this with you before but there’s only a handful of actual princess Twilight episodes in fact some of them probably could have been done even if she wasn’t a princess
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Badheart  
Ya’ didn’t miss much. No clue when that miniseries starts, but I sure can’t wait for the drama avalanche when it does…

@northern haste  
Yeah, overall, she doesn’t honestly seem that different to me in later seasons, regardless what some tell me.

She’s still a bookworm, and into friendship. She still has her dorky “Twilighting” perfectionist moments, and such too.

Some fans can’t even agree what’s “wrong” with her character. Some complain she’s a “spotlight stealing perfect Mary-Sue princess,” while others claim she doesn’t get enough spotlight, or hardly does anything, or complain she’s imperfect…
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I wish someone would edit the 2020 Home Video article on Wikipedia. It’s annoying to see the “MLP FiM Complete Series” set listed on there without evidence of it happening.

Then again it’s Wikipedia.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I honestly think it’ll be better then many assume, but still not MLP:FIM “perfect.” (And even that show has a rather divided fanbase.)

Let’s not forget how angry everyone got over Equestria Girls, at first. I’m sure “Pony Life” will have some fans too. That one stop-motion animated short they did was kinda cute.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide