Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Pony Venting Thread

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
君場森生きる
@Background Pony #D23F
You know what really sucks? When someone disagrees with someone on one image and then stalks that person they disagree with to anyplace else they’ve posted something and casting shade on them there, too.
Please don’t do that. It really sucks.
Buttlord Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Protects Butters
@Latecomer
I was angry when I made those series of posts. I guess I kind of regret it. Funny how I was influenced by South Park episode Safe Space when I made them, but now after watching Dead Kids, I feel like Sharon in that episode where I tried to garner reactions to cope with my own overreactions. I also realized the point of Safe Space is be prepared for harshness when you put yourself out there, especially on the internet, not “feel a little guilty about your life of luxuries sometimes”. Or maybe it is. I don’t know. South Park’s messages always have multiple sides. Ironically I was shaming people for things out of their control just like that Whole Foods cashier with Randy. The difference is Randy was going out of his way to buy expensive stuff while no one here was really doing anything to show just how great their life is.
And honestly after seeing South Park’s ability to always tackle on all sides, Fame and Misfortune does seem to suck. The problem is they constantly made the fan ponies look like the bad guys while using two fillies to represent the good sides, indicating the younger audience is the real good guys. It does strawman quite hard and never really point out the Mane Six’s own problems, except for that one song that expresses it with like a few lines. There is no nuance and only seems to want to attack the fans. Sure there are some background events that seem to paint some of the fan ponies in a good light, but those are background events that appeared only in a few seconds. No one would see that. It took South Park to open up my eyes on how a parody/satire should really be done. I only know I’ve been praising dirt when I compare it to gold.
CoffeeHorse
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

They can never take away what G5 did for me when I needed it. They can stop making new content, but they can’t make me unsee what we already got.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
It’s been almost 5 years since FiM ended and looking back at it, the finale wasn’t that bad (“The Beginning of the End” is much worse imo). I just wish they hadn’t brought back Grogar at all if they weren’t going to make him the final villain of the show. The villains could have all met on their own and worked together to retrieve Grogar’s bell or some other dangerous artifact and Discord shouldn’t have had any involvement (he could still know about them and choose not to stop them, but he shouldn’t have brought them together under the guise of Grogar).
And what if the bell didn’t just absorb magic of creatures, but the creatures themselves (bodies, souls, life force, everything). Imagine Discord not only losing his magic, but becoming trapped inside the bell, his soul and life force empowering the villains even more. Of course without him to warn Twilight and the others, the villains would have taken Equestria completely by surprise. Maybe the villains use the bell on not only the princesses, but the mane six (minus Twilight) and Starlight, trapping them all inside. Twilight would have been forced to face the villains alone, with the magic and life force of her friends being used against her. It’s like she’s fighting not only a trio of villains, but all the ponies she’s ever known and loved having turned against her and serving her enemies. Of course, Twilight would somehow stop them, every creature trapped within the bell would be freed, and the villains would still be turned to stone (though it would have been great if Twilight explicitly gave them one last chance to redeem themselves which all three villains would reject).
Buttlord Wayne
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Protects Butters
@Starless
They could just turn Discord into a new villain instead of Grogar because Grogar is from the first generation. Grogar is pretty much a clickbait. You won’t believe who is the final villain of the show.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Buttlord Wayne
I would have preferred Discord didn’t turn into any villain at all. There wouldn’t be any controversial plot twist, Discord’s character doesn’t get ruined, and the three villains doing everything on their own without Discord’s help would have been more impressive. Although Tirek and Chrysalis weren’t willing to work with other villains (this is exactly why Cozy Glow was needed). But then again, they could have been written differently.
Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow could have done better. Not once did they ever think to use the bell on Twilight or Starlight. Maybe they were thinking what’s the point if they can’t use the magic but taking it away from them is still better than doing nothing. Also the three villains are supposed to be more powerful than ever before, but Tirek is never shown in his final form. And who knows what would have happened had they tried to use the bell on Twilight’s giant friendship rainbow laser at the end. Maybe they could have absorbed all that magic and won, or maybe such magic is too powerful for the bell to absorb or contain, but it was worth a try. Even Starlight Glimmer at least silenced Twilight when she gave one of her friendship speeches. Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow just stand there and do nothing.
Come to think of it, Starlight Glimmer would have been a very competent leader for the “Legion of Doom” had she never redeemed herself, given how smart and skilled at magic she is and the fact she came close to defeating Twilight on her own multiple times (and never really lost the second time). Although the later seasons would be drastically different.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
I’ve been hiding all these anti-G5 images and those congratulating its death cause not only is it obvious troll bait, I don’t want to give them the liberty of a response so I’m just hiding them, out of sight out of mind
Zabilac

The finale and TLP aren’t my favorite episodes, and personally wouldn’t be the way I’d end G4. But I don’t consider them terrible, ruined G4 4ever, yada, yada, yada.
Latecomer

@Buttlord Wayne
I’m glad you see my point regarding the episoe. (Although I’ve also heard South Park’s style questioned - that it tries so hard to mock all sides equally it ends up coming off as cynically amoral. Dunno if it’s true, though - I’ve never watched it.)
@Zabilac
Yeah, pretty much this. They have some cool parts.
Buttlord Wayne

Protects Butters
@Latecomer
South Park has been accused of apathy, but honestly with the recent episodes I’ve seen I more or less imagine they’re making fun of the apathy or desensitization toward horrible things happening in the world. Whether it’s complete indifference or making jokes nonstop, I think it’s all a way to show just how fucked up it is that the world has come to accept these things as norm.
Yes, I’m talking about Dead Kids and A Boy and A Priest. One is about school shooting, the other is about the Catholic Church and young boys, y’know.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Buttlord Wayne
If Starlight Glimmer never redeemed herself but instead became the final big bad alongside the three other villains, they could have easily won, although Hasbro wouldn’t have allowed it.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of the Moon
@Starless
The writers easily could have written that and then threw in a deus ex machina at the end. It’s not like they haven’t done it before.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Twiface
Yeah almost every two-part episode involves some villain curb-stomping all the heroes with no effort at all, coming so close to victory, then getting defeated by some deus ex machina. What would have been interesting is if either the bad guys actually won for once (which, again, never would have happened) or the bad guys never come close and struggle to defeat everyone. Part of the problem is that every villain in the show was defeated in just two episodes. Sure the “Legion of doom” remained a threat for a whole season, but Twilight and her friends didn’t even know what was going on and they didn’t begin their conquest until the final episode.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide