Pony Venting Thread

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@WaynePonePone
I mean from personal experience I’ve encountered more toxic Celestia fans then toxic Luna fans (I’m not denying there arent any toxic luns fans tho)
It just seems really dumb to get this obsessed over arguments of fictional horses
Posted Report
Background Pony #23C0
@icicle wicicle 1517
Really? I don’t think I’ve ever found a single toxic Celestia fan. If you mean from this stupid site war, sure I could see that, but from my experience it’s always the Luna fans who are the most aggressive.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Background Pony #23C0
It’s not from this site war, i’ve seen it from a few people in the fandom (There was this one dude who kept crying that anything bad that happened to Celestia was “abuse” and that whoever done that hated her, even if the person who made the pic was a fan of her)
Posted Report
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
There’s always been a Luna obsession with everyone, truely. I’ve ever disliked Celestia though, so I picked her cause of that and I knew she would be swarmed.
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
I picked Celestia because of Between Dark And Dawn. Anyone who finds stuff like a post office or peaceful time fun is an affront to my being. :V
Also Celestia is the one who usually schemes, making her the brains of the duo by default.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@icicle wicicle 1517
It doesn’t for the other side either. The days of calling Celestia a “tyrant” and “troll” unironically should have been over a long time ago with all the episodes we got, but the bias is still real and clear as seen from this event.
I wonder how many people are changing sides purely out of bias. I hope the mods don’t just let people change just because, considering they claim you must have a good reason. I don’t think bias is a good reason. What’s the point of a race if you can just change sides without problems?
And don’t get me wrong, I like Luna. Both Luna and Celestia are great characters that deserve equal appreciation, and equal criticism. I think a lot of times we forget they’re sisters and just think of them as enemies more than anything.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@WaynePonePone
I don’t see anyone unironically calling her a “Tyrant”, most i see is just pointing out her character flaws and the lack of development/episodes
And i never said that this excuses the other side either, i just point out that constantly lashing out and being agressive becuase a character you like isn’t as popular as another one is really dumb
(and this isn;t about the event, i mean in general)
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I mean, it never really helped when the show often went out of it’s way to snub Celestia because reasons. It was really obvious the writers preferred Luna, but the fact it took Celestia 7 seasons to get a single episode is inexcusable
Posted Report
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ironically, I think in some ways, despite Luna being favored in focus, Celestia’s mindset seems easier to parse than Luna’s, who I think had a muddier portrayal.
Then again, I haven’t watched it in a while, so maybe I’m wrong.
Posted Report
IronYoshi
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Best Worst Artist
If I may interject with the whole “Celestia fan vs. Luna fan” thing.
My experience with Luna fans has largely been negative over the years. What’s funny is when I first joined the fandom, I use to like Luna, but I was mainly trying to fit in. I would gravitate to liking Celestia more because she was hugely ignored, bashed to no end, and made fun of all the time.
Plus Luna was literally being shoved everywhere (Equestria Daily still does this) and being treated like she could do no wrong. She would also win almost every single poll she’s in. All while poor Celie received almost little to nothing. And whenever she did get something, it was usually in an unflattering or negative light. If you were to do the sane thing to Luna, your head would be served on a silver platter.
And that’s not even mentioning the whole stint with Luna’s fans. Like I said before, my experience with a lot of them has been negative. They always seemed very smug and egotistical, acting like Luna is this perfect being who could do no wrong, and can get extremely toxic when told otherwise. Also they seemed to just have it out for Celestia for the most petty and ridiculous reasons. Not all of them, but still. Also they feel the need to constantly mention Luna on any Celestia post, like I mentioned a page back. I have never seen a Celestia fan do anything similar. It’s gotten to the point where the fandom has pretty much made me dislike Luna, which is a rare instance of a fandom ruining or changing my perspective of a character. I actually stopped drawing Luna because of it, not to mention I felt like she gets enough attention as is. I could delve into my experiences with Luna fans, but I don’t want to get personal.
Now I know not all Luna fans are as toxic or bad, as I do have friends who are Luna fans and respect my thoughts and opinions. And I know that Celie fans aren’t all perfect angels. There are a few bad eggs, but we aren’t as numerous as Luna fans.
Sorry for the encyclopedia page and for sounding a bit down, I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest. If there is one positive thing about this event, it’s that I am starting to open up a bit more and be a bit more active outside of occasionally posting my art. Plus poor Celie could use a win.
Posted Report
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Hey, I’ve got something I wanted to vent about.
I like to browse online to see art to upload, and I submit them just fine. But for the first time, I may be heading for an upload that just seemed like random art, but which may actually be dangerously close to reaching negative score, and that’s something I’ve prided myself on never having happened. Like that’s a bad mark on me somehow. That stuff usually gets reserved for bad fetish art and the like.
How should I parse this if it indeed goes south?
TheSultanAkbar

@IronYoshi
Reasonable thoughts.
I found the forcing of fannon and fan interpretations into the show unnecessary and annoying.
@icicle wicicle 1517
To be fair, Celestia never was supposed to have a solid established character, she was just supposed to be this “higher power/Goddess” figure. Luna even less so, she’s just Celestia’s co-ruller and the result of Nightmare Moon’s redemption.
I personally feel that when they tried to feature Celestia/Luna centric episodes and give them “character”, they went against what they were prior to this and to me, was a mistake. I was dissapointed at how unseriously they were treating them.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Toastypk
I would say that’s more towards the content of the art rather than who uploaded it, but if you want something that’ll give you a better score, you can just find some better images.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide