Derpibooru Community Collab is back! Join our annual collaborative mega-picture featuring your characters. Learn more here.
The Crystal Empire Art Event - Let's celebrate the 10 year anniversary of The Crystal Empire with an art event!

Pony Venting Thread

Helix988

@Myoozik  
All review aggregators have their problems. And this movie only has seven reviews which is barely enough to count for anything. That said I think comparing the movies is fair game. They’re both children’s movies in the same franchise. It’s about as valid as comparing Moana to Cinderella, even though both of those movies are pretty different.

Ken Jeong sucks in this just like he sucks in everything I’ve ever seen him in. Other than that, just a mediocre kids film.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
the Anti-Hasbro agenda that happens since Bayformers 2)

Yeah, because critics were ready to tear into Hasbro’s Bumblebee- oh wait, that movie actually reviewed really well

Or maybe, just maybe, and this may come as a shocker, Hasbro needs to get better directors and writers who are invested in their franchises to work on their movies
Posted Report
Hollowfox The Worst
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. Late 2010s
@Kiryu-Chan  
You know what else was reviewed very well… Ouija: Origin of Evil.

Also FYI, Jayson Thiessen and Meghan McCarthy and Mike Vogel were invested in MLP too. Just like G.M. Berrow and the people at Boulder Media.

And yet the score was low to the point where 2017 was Hasbro’s WORST year ever. Because critics don’t give a shit if the G4 film is faithful to the source material by not being a live action movie to the point where this could have saved Hasbro from becoming a punching bag of the film industry. If they did and they are aware that the film is based on a beloved property, then the film would have been as certified fresh as the G5 movie.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Music Connoisseur
@Helix988  
I mean, I’m all up for comparing movies with one another, it’s that I hate it when people use review aggregator sites to justify their quality and to determine which is better than one another.

I personally liked the G5 movie more than the 2017 movie because I saw both movies instead of relying on random strangers on the Internet. That and like you said, there aren’t that many reviews on that site to really get an accurate measure.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Online Pony & Furry Merchandise Store

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide