Pony Venting Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
You all are out of y’all goddamn minds if y’all wanted a reboot, that would be even worse 😂.  
They should’ve just made a new generation with no ties to g4, like the previous generations, but alas that’s not what we have.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
But people will say that it’s not as good as G4 as it won’t be the same until they have writers who know alot about MLP and don’t want to leave it for other shows.

But it could be worse if it’s a Strongless reboot. (And by Strongless, I do mean strongless since the voice of Twilight won’t come back to the franchise)
Helix988

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
What we have right here is a soft reboot. Like the Force Awakens or Jurassic World. Where they keep the same setting and history as the previous iteration, but at the same time distant enough that it’s not a direct sequel to anything.

When I said reboot I meant a hard reboot, where they just started over from scratch. Retain talking magical horses and maybe some names (Twilight, Tirek, etc.), but otherwise hard break with what came before.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
When I said reboot I meant a hard reboot, where they just started over from scratch. Retain talking magical horses and maybe some names (Twilight, Tirek, etc.), but otherwise hard break with what came before.

That’s what I was talking about in terms of reboot. So basically how g1 is different from g3.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
My vent, season 10 of the comics was very short, I think they should have extended it more to see the other kingdoms in more detail, I didn’t know anything more about Thorax after his only role.
Background Pony #B165
People constantly bringing up Luna in Celestia posts is something that needs to die already. This ain’t 2012 anymore.
Helix988

My vent, season 10 of the comics was very short, I think they should have extended it more to see the other kingdoms in more detail, I didn’t know anything more about Thorax after his only role.

It was a gimmick. Hasbro and IDW just wanted to get to a hundred issues before pulling the plug.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I had to filter the G5 tag, because G5 images are now so much that there are more of them than G4 images. Please, let’s not forget the classic show, everyone! Even those of you that like the new series, please, let’s keep remembering G4 more than G5!!! ☹️
Background Pony #B165
@SparkleDash  
Dude. Let it go already. You’re taking this way too personally. And how the hell are there more G5 images than G4? Dial down on the conspiracy theories.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I buried The Last Problem in the recesses of my mind because I didn’t want to think about it. I didn’t want to dwell on how the last episode left me feeling bitter about the show I loved for years. But with the G5 movie premiering tomorrow, I feel a need to talk about the end of G4, maybe to gain some sense of closure or to try to collect my thoughts if nothing else.

Twilight never really had a choice in becoming the ruler of Equestria. It was never presented as a choice. Celestia and Luna pushed Twilight into the role, knowing her unhealthy hero worship of Celestia prevented her from objecting to the destiny they forced upon her. I don’t think assuming responsibility for an entire country is what Twilight actually wanted to do with her life. I think Twilight was happiest leading her school, which was her own idea and not a task foisted on her by Celestia. Twilight as Headmare of the School of Friendship was a perfectly good ending to her character arc. Twilight had a passion for teaching. The school gave her a chance to spread friendship throughout Equestria and beyond. I earnestly believe that was what she was meant to do.

After all the times the Mane Six saved not only Equestria but Celestia and Luna personally, did the Royal Sisters ever think about what they wanted? Did they ever consider the feelings of the mares to whom they owed their eternal gratitude? They tore them apart. The whole focus of the show was the friendships between the Mane Six and Celestia tore them apart by making Twilight move to Canterlot. I was as heartbroken as they were in the scene before they boarded the train.

Sure, the Mane Six remained friends, but the damage was done. The distance put between them was a permanent and detrimental change in their friendships. And all for what? So Celestia and Luna could retire? They could have taken a long vacation or taken turns ruling with Twilight. They could have waited another generation in their ageless lives and found another talented pupil to willingly take their place.

Twilight’s coronation being a disaster seemed to underscore that it was wrong.

It hurt me that my beloved Rarity was implied to be alone as she turned gray.

The Last Problem made me see Celestia and Luna as selfish and manipulative and Twilight as too subservient and lacking agency over her own life.

If the finale were in three parts, if there was no long time skip and epilogue, if Twilight were a stronger character, it might have been better.

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ’It might have been.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide