Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I think it’s a bit annoying when people misremember characters’ actions as being worse than they actually were (possibly in part due to bias influencing memory; psychology can be interesting), like, for instance, “Starlight traded Trixie’s wagon away because she had no idea it had sentimental value to her” turns into “Starlight traded it away DESPITE Trixie telling her NOT to,” or on a kinda different note, acting like consensual hypnosis is anywhere near the same level morally as mind-control (which I’ll note “mind control” stopped being a thing really after S6, with her), which is a sentiment that while I’m not entirely sure is the case here, is something I’ve definitely seen at least once before.

Starlight didn’t approach Hoo’Far to sell the wagon, it was the other way around, because the latter waited until Trixie had stormed off during an argument to approach her about there being issues on the trip. (and to be clear, she was definitely more in the wrong than Trixie, but there was poor communication on both fronts; Trixie for not conveying sentimental value at all, and Starlight for not talking to her about it)
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Hollowfox Jaeger

If they’re not actually that great and overestimated their writing skills (which I’d hazard a guess and say it would be more likely than not to happen), then yes, probably would still be “bad writing.”

(and yeah, what Latecomer said, basically)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I think it’s a bit annoying when people misremember characters’ actions as being worse than they actually were (possibly in part due to bias influencing memory; psychology can be interesting),

Another good example of that are fans whom insist Starlight was “trying to destroy the universe,” when looking back, that wasn’t her intention at all. Some even try to make Discord out to be some “murderous dark abomination,” yet the first terrible thing he ever did in the series was make it rain chocolate milk.

Some even do that to the “good guys,” and make Twilight out to be “some horrible child abuser to Spike.” …I’m serious, some actually believe that. Ugh…

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
It depends, but just because a “fan” is writing something doesn’t automatically mean it’s good. There are plenty of bad fanfics out there, AND let’s not forget some of those whom work on the show were MLP fans as kids.

Ian Flynn whom writes for the official Sonic the Hedgehog comic books (as well as Megaman, TMNT, and even a Pony issue) is a Sonic fan, and made fancomics online in his youth. Many think he’s good, but some Sonic fans are divided on him, as well. So even good fan writers aren’t infallible, as other fans have their own ideas of what they want.

@Latecomer  
good luck getting three fans to agree on a better direction, anyway.

Tell me about it… That’s why the “Archie Sonic Online” fan series is so delayed…
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Beau Skunky  
Could be worse than writers who hasn’t seen previous episodes.

tbh, This is why Rob Renzetti shouldn’t have left the series. The drama could be averted if he didn’t leave the show, or at least have a consultant role. When he was a story editor, there wasn’t any drama that blew up unlike the Twilicorn/EqG/Flurry/Starlight/Finale drama that we constantly see every goddamn day.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Not necessarily, as frankly there’s still lots of bronies out there.

And there’s always been complaining… I remember back in the Season 1 days when a few fans complained about the CMC getting episodes, and I remember a guy on DA deciding that “Cutie-Mark Chronicles” isn’t canon back then too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Debatable as the majority is usually pretty silent.

Even if the movie came out in say, 2012, the height of brony popularity, I’m sure critics would’ve had the same reaction. Heck, Rotten Tomatoes still gave the Sonic & Detective Pikachu movies mediocre 60% scores, despite fans going nuts for them. (Another reason frankly critical scores aren’t everything.)  
I don’t even think Hasbro has a reputation in the movie industry at all, even with the Transformers movies, more people bash/blame Bay, then Hasbro Studios.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Beau Skunky  
Well, MLP got lower than Sonic and Pikachu.

But still, even if they don’t have, both critically acclaimed movies (Bumblebee and Ouija Origin of Evil) still won’t save them from a fuckton of movies getting a rotten score. Especially a film that looks faithful to the source material (by not being a live action movie like Bayformers, Jem and G.I. Joe, because in every animation fan’s eye “live action bad, animation good”) like the MLP movie. Not to mention people pay attention more to track records than the quality of a film, and it makes me think that people will think Hasbro is never good at feature films.

And the fact that it made four times is budget is fuck-all since they’re rebooting the film again and when G5 comes, i fear that G4 will be forgotten or pretended that it never existed because of “bUd wReTenG111” in the past seasons.

That’s why I said that it’s gone beyond redemption.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I think you’re overreacting, as nobody really thinks of “Hasbro” when it comes to movies, so they don’t really have a bad or good reputation with movies.  
Do you think all the people here complaining about “Pony Life,” or wanting G4 to have another season are going to just forget about it? There are thousands of images here dedicated to G4.

Heck, the old outdated cartoons based on TMNT, Transformers, Sonic, ect. are still popular, and being introduced to new gens. Just because something new comes out, doesn’t mean everybody is going to forget about it.

Est. 2012
@Beau Skunky  
Well, there’s people that can use “The show’s over, move on” as a rebuttal for wanting another season to MLP since it ended.

And about Transformers, at least they keep reviving G1 everytime with comics and movies and a Netflix series, which is what I wish Hasbro would do to MLP G4 (aside from the comics and Pony Life), but that would be too early to say, since it’s less than a year since it ended.

Just you wait until people will claim that the G5 series is better than the G4 series.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
It would seeing like how they said, all bronies have different opinions and interpretations so if they took a crack at writing the show, it’d be a chaotic and disjointed mess that’ll only appeal to them.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Just you wait until people will claim that the G5 series is better than the G4 series.

Yes, because the brony fanbase is certainly well known for prefering, and accepting anything new, and different. (Sarcasm.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide