Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@AC97

(To clarify, by “including Bell retrieval,” I meant “they immediately went rogue before finishing or giving up on the task,” so they could be argued to not have truly followed any order other than “learn to work together”)

@Beau Skunky

I think it’s also noteworthy that it seems to count for nothing that Starlight was at first indirectly attacking her former followers in the S5 premiere while trying to escape, only actually trying to attack them directly when the Mane Six’ cutie mark jars were broken, when it was obvious she could’ve done worse to them from the beginning as a first move, and they claim she had no signs of redeeming qualities/signs she could change. Also how they only turned on her when it turned out she had her cutie mark still.

I’m not sure I could see the likes of Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow doing the same thing she did in that position.

You’d all still be living your miserable lives thinking you’re better than everypony else if it weren’t for my magical abilities! I brought you friendship! I brought you equality! I created harmony!

I gave these ponies real friendships they never could’ve had otherwise!

Even if her underlying mindset was rather self-serving, she still wanted to think she was doing the right thing, so she was therefore an idealist… and had a complete meltdown, to the point of resorting to denial as a defense mechanism, when she found out she was ultimately causing the end of the world, because her ideals were wrong, because six different ponies being friends can matter that much.

I know there’s no excuse for what I did, but I want you all to know that I’m ready for whatever punishment you think is fair.

…and she didn’t exactly try to convince them not to punish her.

None of those three had anything of the sort influencing their mindsets. They knew what friendship was, they just didn’t care. Love wasn’t enough to redeem Chrysalis, Tirek, or Cozy Glow.

in any case I think I’d rather be around Starlight generally than Discord lol
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@AC97  
I dunno, Discord might be fun for guy’s game night. :P

And agreed, Starlight isn’t some kinda monster, she could’ve done much worse then she did. Fans oftentimes exaggerate, or don’t look deeply into her episodes as you did.

@Latecomer  
I doubt the trio would have any more mercy if the roles were reversed. In fact, judging by how many times they tried to blast the mane 6, (and mame Spike) they would’ve done something worse then what they got.

Not exactly, “faces of mercy.”

@Latecomer  
I believe those were different lessons, and as Fluttershy pointed out in “Fame & Misfortune,” you can make similar mistakes. Over the series Discord’s still learning, as he’s been a “troll” for eons, and is just now starting to understand friendship, and such.  
Also, I pointed out before in one of my previous posts, Discord gets plenty of punishment/crap during the finale, especially from the trio.

Also, the ‘ship-teases are left vague enough they can be ignored if you don’t like/agree with them. Fluttershy & Discord could still just be interpreted as “friends,” seeing as they don’t kiss, or hardly interact in the final time-skip episode.
Latecomer

@Beau Skunky  
Of course thay wouldn’t - they’re the bad guys. Bad guys squish helpless foes (except when they’d rather mock and monologue). Good guys don’t. Or at least, they aren’t supposed to.

And the Discord stuff is rather subjective in a lot of ways - I can see your satsified, but I just can’t accept it for various reasons.
Harshie83

Live from the hive
I guess it comes down to personal opinion. I like Chrysalis, she’s always been my favorite villain, yet I was hoping for a better fate for her. But it is what it is. I have given her a happier ending in my headcanon.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I might be late to the debates here but I’ll say that I’m sorry that I’m one of those brainwashed fools who fauns over fanon more than canon but I have my crappy reasons and that’s that.

@Harshie83  
Me too.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Red-Supernova  
You know what I think it is? In “Infinity War”, Thanos was the main character. It was his emotional journey that we follow, so it doesn’t feel unsatisfying when he wins.

Tirek, Cozy Glow and Chrysalis go on a pretty satisfying journey as they get to know each other, but the journey doesn’t resolve, it just stops.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
I wish some anon would stfu about me being “oBsEsSiVe” about wanting fans to be pleased, especially this show.

If it wasn’t for fandom drama towards the changes, there wouldn’t be such thing as “bad” writing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide