Viewing last 25 versions of post by Kiryu-Chan in topic Pony Venting Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
[@Mr.Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5282828#post_5282828)
By that I mean just judging the episode by itself as a piece of media or story with zero bias. I guess I'm trying to avoid saying "objectively bad" as I hear that often from people trying to pass off their opinions as fact, but it's the best way I can describe it because I have a difficult time actually thinking of anything of actual merit the episode beyond trivial things like "oh hey this screencap was cute", or any purpose. It's just bad

However Nothing about it makes me upset in such a way that it makes me want to break something valuable either. Maybe it's because I'm not a Spike fan, but I'd rather still watch it over something like Newbie Dash. Princess Spike may be objectively worse but it doesn't offend me like that episode did, nor is it parading around as something important. One was simply a bad episode, the other was the kind of disappointment that almost made me want to stop watching the show(and looking back, maybe I really should have)

I guess to make a better comparison would be AotC and Rise of Skywalker. AotC may be a worse movie but I'd still watch it over the disappointment that is Rise of Skywalker
No reason given
Edited by Kiryu-Chan
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
[@Mr.Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5282828#post_5282828)
By that I mean just judging the episode by itself as a piece of media or story with zero bias. I guess I'm trying to avoid saying "objectively bad" as I hear that often from people trying to pass off their opinions as fact, but it's the best way I can describe it because I have a difficult time actually thinking of anything of actual merit the episode beyond trivial things like "oh hey this screencap was cute", or any purpose. It's just bad

However Nothing about it makes me upset in such a way that it makes me want to break something either. Maybe it's because I'm not a Spike fan, but I'd rather still watch it over something like Newbie Dash. Princess Spike may be objectively worse but it doesn't offend me like that episode did, nor is it parading around as something important. One was simply a bad episode, the other was the kind of disappointment that almost made me want to stop watching the show(and looking back, maybe I really should have)

I guess to make a better comparison would be AotC and Rise of Skywalker. AotC may be a worse movie but I'd still watch it over the disappointment that is Rise of Skywalker
No reason given
Edited by Kiryu-Chan