Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5190925#post_5190925)
> So there's this comic that caught my eye called "Fix" which like the title says, is a fix fic/vent piece towards the Season 9 finale. I skimmed most of it because I knew what I was getting into but on one of the recent panels, I read the description and I do have something to say there. I can understand his frustration over the Princesses choosing to stone the Trio instead of trying to redeem them and I can somewhat get his point about how it goes against the idea of friendship and all that, but I drew the line over the claims that it "ruined the entire show" cause it just sounded like exaggeration. That entire finale coloring their perception of the whole show is just absurdly ludicrous and I really can't get behind that thinking. It sounded like they were treating the whole thing way way too seriously and it's just dumb to me. That and another description I read where they said that they can't watch G5 because of the finale is also pretty stupid.
>
> It's pretty much why I'm not a fan of fix fics cause most of the time it just seems like excuses for the author to vent out and whine by using the characters as mouthpieces.

I found it absolutely insufferable how Twilight had the *gall* to bring up Sombra in the context of how banishing them and such fails, "perpetuates the cycle," despite being perfectly fine with how he was dealt with both times (dying), and how heavy-handed the Designated Antagonists^TM^ always were, between the attempted changeling genociders (Chrysalis would be gleefully gloating about getting "justice" in canon *if that **actually happened,*** so I *cannot* accept that backstory as being remotely *rational*, period), or how Celestia and Luna approached banishing them with cartoonishly evil gloating.

If you want them to be reformed, fair enough, but if you're changing *literally* nothing about what happened before, despite *loathing it*, all so you can, as you said, using a character as a mouthpiece, or otherwise use it as a vehicle for a rant, you've *fucked up* from a storytelling perspective, and it's questionable you're even *Fix-ing* anything to begin with.

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an ***extreme*** of suicide connotations in the letter, and her actions... and she gives control *to* the two she had *such* a problem with what they did, *completely* ignoring that if she never got out, it's impossible for her to affect things further) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

Somehow, as DerpyFast said, Twilight managed to make it all about *her.*

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with them flip-flopping between the above "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

...but yeah, that's the "basic" rundown, I think. It's a case where someone's emotions on a matter... *consumed* them, it looks like.

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5192573#post_5192573)
> I feel like some people really need to let it go when it comes to their hatred of a character. There's a difference between hating and disliking a character and hating and disliking a character incessantly and making sure everyone knows about it. Especially prevalent in places that don't even mention said character or is contextually different but still use it as excuses to regurgitate the same points over and over again.
This.

It's annoying as all get out and makes Fun Discourse more or less... impossible, so you're not inclined to bother. ~~I think we both know which character in the show we're thinking of; there's even... art to attest to this.~~ I feel like I'd be annoyed at it even if I disliked them/was lukewarm.
Reason: removed redundant word, added few words
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5190925#post_5190925)
> So there's this comic that caught my eye called "Fix" which like the title says, is a fix fic/vent piece towards the Season 9 finale. I skimmed most of it because I knew what I was getting into but on one of the recent panels, I read the description and I do have something to say there. I can understand his frustration over the Princesses choosing to stone the Trio instead of trying to redeem them and I can somewhat get his point about how it goes against the idea of friendship and all that, but I drew the line over the claims that it "ruined the entire show" cause it just sounded like exaggeration. That entire finale coloring their perception of the whole show is just absurdly ludicrous and I really can't get behind that thinking. It sounded like they were treating the whole thing way way too seriously and it's just dumb to me. That and another description I read where they said that they can't watch G5 because of the finale is also pretty stupid.
>
> It's pretty much why I'm not a fan of fix fics cause most of the time it just seems like excuses for the author to vent out and whine by using the characters as mouthpieces.

I found it absolutely insufferable how Twilight had the *gall* to bring up Sombra in the context of how banishing them and such fails, "perpetuates the cycle," despite being perfectly fine with how he was dealt with both times (dying), and how heavy-handed the Designated Antagonists^TM^ always were, between the attempted changeling genociders (Chrysalis would be gleefully gloating about getting "justice" in canon *if that **actually happened,*** so I *cannot* accept that backstory as being remotely *rational*, period), or how Celestia and Luna approached banishing them with cartoonishly evil gloating.

If you want them to be reformed, fair enough, but if you're changing *literally* nothing about what happened before, despite *loathing it*, all so you can, as you said, using a character as a mouthpiece, or otherwise use it as a vehicle for a rant, you've *fucked up* from a storytelling perspective, and it's questionable you're even *Fix-ing* anything to begin with.

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an ***extreme*** of suicide connotations in the letter, and her actions... and she gives control *to* the two she had *such* a problem with what they did, *completely* ignoring that if she never got out, it's impossible for her to affect things further) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with them flip-flopping between the above "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

...but yeah, that's the "basic" rundown, I think. It's a case where someone's emotions on a matter... *consumed* them, it looks like.

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5192573#post_5192573)
> I feel like some people really need to let it go when it comes to their hatred of a character. There's a difference between hating and disliking a character and hating and disliking a character incessantly and making sure everyone knows about it. Especially prevalent in places that don't even mention said character or is contextually different but still use it as excuses to regurgitate the same points over and over again.
This.

It's annoying as all get out and makes Fun Discourse more or less... impossible, so you're not inclined to bother. ~~I think we both know which character in the show we're thinking of; there's even... art to attest to this.~~ I feel like I'd be annoyed at it even if I disliked them/was lukewarm.
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with them flip-flopping between "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

This.

Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an ***extreme*** of suicide connotations in the letter, and her actions... and she gives control *to* the two she had *such* a problem with what they did) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with them flip-flopping between "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

This.

Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an ***extreme*** of suicide connotations in the letter, and her actions) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with youthem flip-flopping between "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

This.

Reason: removed redundant word, added few
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an extreme of suicide connotations in the letter) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with you flip-flopping between "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

...but yeah, that's the "basic" rundown, I think.

This.

Reason: removed redundant word, added few
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

I found it absolutely insufferable how Twilight had the *gall* to bring up Sombra in the context of how banishing them and such fails, "perpetuates the cycle," despite being perfectly fine with how he was dealt with both times (dying), and how heavy-handed the Designated Antagonists^TM^ always were, between the attempted changeling genocide genociders (Chrysalis would be gleefully gloating about getting "justice" in canon *if that actually happened,* so I *cannot* accept that backstory as being remotely rational, period), or how Celestia and Luna approached that.

From an in-universe perspective, it just doesn't make *sense* to me for Twilight's perspective on them to inexplicably change to "I can't deal with the failure" (to such an extreme of suicide connotations in the letter) when she's been perfectly fine with Tirek sitting in Tartarus for five full seasons, and more than likely feeling similar regarding Chrysalis, had she been imprisoned or something. It's not like she'd suddenly "know" that they could be reached, or come to believe they can, without explanation (no, nightmares *aren't* an explanation). I could believe she'd be more torn on how Cozy went, but... that's how a story failed to get me sold on its premise, more or less.

It's also a case of where an inconsistent mindset, not getting an editor can get you, with you flip-flopping between "Twilight hates what those two did *so much* she can't deal with it but she's giving them control again," or something like saying *showing* abuse you can't do justice, and it's too dark, but then showing attempted genocide is somehow fine.

This.

Reason: removed redundant word
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

I found it absolutely insufferable how Twilight had the *gall* to bring up Sombra in the context of how banishing them and such fails, "perpetuates the cycle," despite being perfectly fine with how he was dealt with both times (dying), and how heavy-handed the Designated Antagonists^TM^ always were, between the attempted changeling genocide genociders (Chrysalis would be gleefully gloating about getting "justice" in canon *if that actually happened,* so I *cannot* accept that backstory as being remotely rational, period), or how Celestia and Luna approached that.

This.

No reason given
Edited by AC97