Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I'm just gonna say how... tedious discourse on That Pony^TM^ is with some people is, to the point that I'm not sure I'm gonna bother at this point. (no, it's not the one with red eyes)

%this one's in a more apropos thread this time, even if it's a retread of sorts%

"Fix" is not a comic I have many good things to say about, at this point; they'd foreshadowed Celestia and Luna going like this earlier, and it's just painful on numerous levels. The concept of wanting to redeem them, fair enough, but... yeah that's where severe bias can get you if you're not careful: lack of nuance. Some good ideas, but man, the execution, and some other aspects don't do it any favors.

[@Pinto Bean](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5178064#post_5178064)
> I still have a hard time accepting Cozy Glow as a legitimate canon pony. She really messed up a years long perception that ponies are generally good in nature and peaceful.
Well, considering the Hearth's Warming backstory with the Windigos didn't insignificantly push forth the idea that ponies are the way they are as a survival mechanism on some level, rather than them being intrinsically so, as a *somewhat* valid interpretation, I'm not sure that perception had much validity to begin with. It's not like Equestria is a true Sugar Bowl where nothing goes wrong. Pegasi *were* a quite militaristic race, after all.

That's just me, though.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm just gonna say how... tedious discourse on That Pony^TM^ is with some people is, to the point that I'm not sure I'm gonna bother at this point. (no, it's not the one with red eyes)

%this one's in a more apropos thread this time, even if it's a retread of sorts%

"Fix" is not a comic I have many good things to say about, at this point; they'd foreshadowed Celestia and Luna going like this earlier, and it's just painful on numerous levels. The concept of wanting to redeem them, fair enough, but... yeah that's where severe bias can get you if you're not careful: lack of nuance. Some good ideas, but man, the execution, and some other aspects don't do it any favors.

[@Pinto Bean](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5178064#post_5178064)
> I still have a hard time accepting Cozy Glow as a legitimate canon pony. She really messed up a years long perception that ponies are generally good in nature and peaceful.
Well, considering the Hearth's Warming backstory with the Windigos didn't insignificantly push forth the idea that ponies are the way they are as a survival mechanism on some level, rather than them being intrinsically so, as a somewhat valid interpretation, I'm not sure that perception had much validity to begin with. It's not like Equestria is a true Sugar Bowl where nothing goes wrong. Pegasi *were* a quite militaristic race, after all.

That's just me, though.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Well, considering the Hearth's Warming backstory with the Windigos didn't insignificantly push forth the perceptiondea that ponies are the way they are as a survival mechanism on some level, rather than them being intrinsically so, as a valid interpretation, I'm not sure that perception had much validity to begin with. It's not like Equestria is a true Sugar Bowl where nothing goes wrong. Pegasi *were* a quite militaristic race, after all.

That's just me, though.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Well, considering the Hearth's Warming backstory with the Windigos didn't insignificantly push forth the perception that ponies are the way they are as a survival mechanism on some level, rather than them being intrinsically so, I'm not sure that perception had much validity to begin with. It's not like Equestria is a true Sugar Bowl where nothing goes wrong. Pegasi *were* a quite militaristic race, after all.

That's just me, though.
No reason given
Edited by AC97