Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread.

Pony Discussion » Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread. Search Posts
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
Having just watched the finale of season 2 (and likely the series) I have to say this. That was pretty good; season 2 was better than 1 overall and the ending was nice. If that really is the finale than I’m happy with it. It wraps pretty much all of it up but leaves just enough open incase there is more. The song was really good IMO. Overall Pony Life, while not amazing, was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and I’m glad I watched it.
Background Pony #EEED
I don’t see Pony Life getting a third season. The show only existed as filler until G5 comes out, and the G5 movie is coming this September.
Background Pony #EEED
S2 of Pony Life is a major improvement over S1.

The show still isn’t great, but it’s better.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
If Pony Life goes over well and is cheap to produce,they might keep it going,or possibly do something similar to it after the g5 movie.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
I must admit: I first thought the sound effect used when portals open in Pony Life resembled the teleportation sound from Sonic Mania. But I had to listen in some of the episodes to realize that isn’t the case (the sound effect from Pony Life seemed like it was almost drowned out either by music and/or screaming).
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
Now for a less dumb post: Even though the show may not be liked by many people, I still wish this show wasn’t a temporary filler show. It seemed like it was improving too, so I may have not been able to wait for the next season had the show not permanently ended.

I just wanted to know what effects this portal would have. Would the book be sucked in? And if so, would it cause other effects on Ponyville? Or would it only have an effect on Discord’s home?
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Finished Season 2. It started off much stronger than Season One.

Season One was a series of self-contained arcs, each with a clear starting and stopping point. There was the Royal Jelly Juggernaut arc, then the Finn-Tastic arc, then a bunch of disconnected episodes, then the Potion Nova arc, then the Sports arc.

Season Two feels like a dream. It also feels like it’s missing a few pages; like Discord and the missing wishes weren’t set up properly. Up until the final arc, I didn’t think the wishes were real, so it felt weird to me that they were suddenly central to everything. I also expected the balloon ship to be more important than it was, and I was disappointed that it never came up again.

I’m kind of disappointed we didn’t get more Potion Nova. I understand why the potions were removed in the second season; the idea that you can drink from the bottles in the cupboard to gain magic powers probably is something kids are dumb enough to test out. But I really liked how wise and emotionally mature she was.

Overall, I had a good time. Definitely miss the way season one flirted with existentialism, but the jokes and the wordplay were still on point. I might re-watch it someday.
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
Finished Season 2. It started off much stronger than Season One.
Season One was a series of self-contained arcs, each with a clear starting and stopping point. There was the Royal Jelly Juggernaut arc, then the Finn-Tastic arc, then a bunch of disconnected episodes, then the Potion Nova arc, then the Sports arc.
Season Two feels like a dream. It also feels like it’s missing a few pages; like Discord and the missing wishes weren’t set up properly. Up until the final arc, I didn’t think the wishes were real, so it felt weird to me that they were suddenly central to everything. I also expected the balloon ship to be more important than it was, and I was disappointed that it never came up again.
I’m kind of disappointed we didn’t get more Potion Nova. I understand why the potions were removed in the second season; the idea that you can drink from the bottles in the cupboard to gain magic powers probably is something kids are dumb enough to test out. But I really liked how wise and emotionally mature she was.
Overall, I had a good time. Definitely miss the way season one flirted with existentialism, but the jokes and the wordplay were still on point. I might re-watch it someday.

I agree
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide