Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread.

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I saw episodes 9 and 10 and they were meh. The one that I liked the most was the pet cart racing one with Dash and Twilight having a rivalry.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
@Algebroot Neogears  
I get the feeling that meant Canadian audiences rather than American audiences.

@Background Pony #EB4A  
And don’t forget about one of the earlier ones where Rainbow Dash was sick. Besides, if it was delayed because of those two episodes, don’t you think Canada would have had a problem with them?
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
What the hell is up with potion nova’s wings?  
She just keeps getting them randomly they even have her flying both with and without them and not with levitation
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@northern haste  
I commented it over at >>2413961, but the most logical thing I can think of is that she was originally supposed to be one early on— but at one point higher-ups at Hasbro thought it would be better to make her an unicorn instead. If she was at one point animated at such, it probably was done last minute and they couldn’t fix all of it within that timespan. It would make sense for all the times she did appear as one, the flying without levitation, and thinking back at it— the long wait to reveal the show and delayed broadcast.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Now that I’m thinking about it; I wonder if Pony Life is still in development at the same time it’s currently airing. As in, the “Pony Life Season 1 will continue being developed while Pony Life Season 1 is currently airing” type of in development.
Wiimeiser
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
these scenes took place before this scene, where her wings are gone
So im gonna say that she WAS supposed to be an alicorn, but Hasbro changed her to a unicorn at the last minute and so this resulted in all the animation errors around her.

I see… It wouldn’t surprise me if that episode was originally intended to be the pilot and PN had to be reanimated because of the last minute change so the episode (and show) got pushed back…
Background Pony #2953
After all I have watched of Pony Life, I believe it’s a good thing Filly Funtasia hasn’t been released yet, because otherwise it could have been another big thing overshadowing Pony Life (the first being the MLP Season 10 comics).

Not saying Filly Funtasia is a good show (it’s far from it). Just saying it could have ended up distracting everybody.
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
Also adding onto the discussion/theory that Nova was originally supposed to be an alicorn that was changed to a unicorn— remember that Dishwater Slog was supposed to be a unicorn at one point before being made into an Earth Pony. They even still have the placeholder name in the epiosde’s credits along with his name.  

The more I look at this, it really does seem likely this was absolutely a change done with little time to spare.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Just saw episodes 13 and 14. The more of Pony Life I watch, the more I think it was conceived with the intent of avoiding the problems FiM developed over time.

You can tell an engaging story by just piecing the lore together in an interesting way. Works like Dark Souls, Hollow Knight and Puella Magi Madoka Magica come to mind. This is what Season One of FiM did. I think one of FiM’s weaknesses was that it was great at establishing things, but not so good at actually using them. Any time they added something new, you got to spin “The Wheel of Reincorporation” on whether or not it would ever come up again. So the end result was this accretion disk of things that were set up, but never really paid off. The amount of things FiM never properly developed is astounding.

So another thing I find reassuring about Pony Life is that they’re so much better at using. In FiM, Pinkie being a baker was just sort of there. In PL, it comes up constantly, and is the driving force behind the first arc. If Trail Trotters was in FiM, we’d have gotten maybe one episode per season about it, and it may or may not have amounted to something. It’s really nice to know that when they establish something, they plan on following through on it.

There are more than a few things that stand out to me about the Potion Nova arc so far:

*I like how they let the question of where the potions come from simmer in the background for a few arcs, instead of feeling the need to frontload it.

*In a setting with magic, Potion Nova actually feels magical.

*They’re willing to say “No, Twilight is not automatically good at this.” and have other characters that Twilight can learn from.

*We might very well get a better master/apprentice dynamic between Twilight and Nova than we did between Twilight and Celestia.

*It’s interesting watching them experiment with the formula as the show progresses. The first arc was six stories, each broken up into two parts. The second arc was twelve separate stories. This arc has Meet Potion Nova followed by Pony Surfin’ Safari, which is a side story that makes use of the location they’re currently in.

I’m almost worried that I don’t have more to criticize.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Just waiting for Starlight to show up in Pony Life…  
So in the meanwhile Potion Nova is my new Starlight.

Also Nova the one reason I’m watching Pony Life atm.
Background Pony #EB4A
Is Hasbro making Pony Life a web series because Discovery Family is dead, or have they not announced Pony Life for Discovery Family because they’re totally incompetent?
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
@Background Pony #EB4A  
Well, I think when they meant “summer 2020”, they meant “summer 2020 in Canada”. See, they’ve been airing episodes up there and at the same time they’ve been posting clips, old and new on the official MLP YouTube channel.
northern haste
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
With all the clips they keep posting on YouTube I’m just wondering why don’t they just upload the actual episode already.  
In fact I’m pretty sure you could get it at least one full episode with the clips.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide