Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread.

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
It would be interesting if these episodes play as “intermission” shorts between parts of G5 episodes. Which I highly doubt because Pony Life is G4.5.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Had a couple of thoughts Rainbow Dash’s character. Not counting Season One, I think Pony Life is doing a better job with her character than the rest of FiM did. Let me explain:

In Season One, there are no lessons exclusively for Rainbow Dash; she always learns a lesson that another character is also learning. I really liked how the buildup to Sonic Rainboom was handled. We know that she’s talented, but also lazy, cocky, reckless, and egotistical. She crashes in almost every episode she’s in. So when Sonic Rainboom comes around, we finally get to see her vulnerable side as she confronts the very real possibility of failure. In that episode, Rarity represents what Rainbow Dash could have been: a pony who literally flies too close to the sun, and is destroyed by her own hubris.

In the end, Rainbow Dash puts it all aside, focuses on what needs to be done, pulls off the Sonic Rainboom, and saves Rarity and The Wonderbolts. That should have been the climax, then the denouement should have been her flying with The Wonderbolts in Best Night Ever. That would have been the absolute perfect place to end her character. In fact, I get a bit emotional just thinking about it. Other than arguably Tanks for the Memories, nothing else she does even comes close in terms of emotional satisfaction. There’s Sleepless in Ponyville, but that’s Scootaloo’s story.

I say all of this, because there’s so much of her character that could have been explored. So far, the two lessons she’s learned in Pony Life are better than any of the lessons she learned in FiM. The moral of Best of the Worst is the importance of picking your battles, and not feeding the trolls or lowering yourself to their level. That’s a great lesson for a competitive character to learn! I think The Fluttershy Effect is the first time I’ve ever seen Rainbow Dash really take the time to reflect on her actions. That’s something that was on my list of things I wish they’d done with her.

And then I realized that each of The Mane Six are getting their own arc, and there’s a chance for them to do a proper Wonderbolts arc. And I got really excited.
Background Pony #B937
How many of you are waiting for the US release of Pony Life?

How many of you will rewatch the show when it premieres in the US?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@DerpyFast  
I dunno what’s more depressing, the fact that PL Dash could have a more fulfilling arc than FiM Dash’s Wonderbolts arc, or that that’s an embarrassingly low bar
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
One of the weaker batches this week

The Rarity episode was…..eeeeeeehhhh…..really felt like it was meant for Trixie, but they wanted Rarity being a bad friend

Not a huge fan of them going straight for the Discoshy crap, especially since Fluttershy was straight up retarted and psycho here, like….damn Shy seriously? I will give then this that they’re straight up laying it down thick instead of the main show think it’s clever and being all “Oiy MAYBAY LOLOLOL!!!”

On the other hand

Not a high bar, but the cart racer here was much better than The Cart Before the Pony, RD having a competitive rivalry with Twilight of all ponies is actually hilarious, as was the ending

The episode with Twilight using her messed up machine to build a new oven for Pinkie was adorable
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Kiryu-Chan  
That’s basically what I thought.

Couple of points:

I genuinely respected how they weren’t just going “remember this character”, so it’s a bit disappointing for Discord to show up out of nowhere.

I like how Pinkie and Twilight are more grounded in this show. They made Pinkie be a baker by trade, instead of a party planner, and they have her running a business. Meanwhile, I like how Twilight has gone from “magic and some science” to “science and engineering”. These are good fits.

Rarity seems to have a connection to The Void.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Twilight’s smart, and wants to prove that she’s right, so a competitive side is a good fit for her. It’s kind of a shame that got beaten out of her in Feeling Pinkie Keen.
Background Pony #AF2E
Pony Life is destined to be one of those shows that years from now, people will look back on and say, “Oh yeah, that was a thing”.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I saw episodes 7 and 8, the one which kickstarted the whole Fluttershy badge thing, and it was pretty decent.

I get her friends not wanting to tell Shy that she was denied entry after so long, believe me I would be in that same position. The next one about her being all bossy and demanding over cookies is one that I can embarrassingly relate to. The Bighoof one was pretty cliche, but it was harmless. Lastly, the one with that duplicating device was pretty stupid but it did have a good moral.

I did laugh at a few jokes but I personally don’t like the idea of having Fluttershy grow or shrink to express her emotions.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
That was probably the best batch of episodes so far, especially after last weeks somewhat lackluster offering.

Also expected Fin-Tastic to be shitty, he was surprisingly cool and offered wisdom
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I wish both A Camping We Will Go and Campfire Stories could have been longer.

My issue with the Discord episode is that he’s just sort of there and they don’t know what to do with him. In the span of five minutes, Friendship Gems was a better Trixie episode than Boast Busters. Admittedly, that’s a pretty low bar, but still. On top of that, the line deliveries are back to being really funny.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Also expected Fin-Tastic to be shitty, he was surprisingly cool and offered wisdom

I love it when shows do that. Also, I didn’t know I needed Celestia making dolphin noises in my life.
Background Pony #EB4A
>August DFC Highlights  
>STILL NO PONY LIFE

Is this show ever coming to the US?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide