Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #E79F in topic Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread.

Background Pony #E79F
So I watched first... 4 episodes? It's kinda weird how they are 5 minute each, but then they also both two-parters, so it's more like 2 episodes 10 minutes each... whatever.

So "Princess Probz" was kinda bad and all over the place. I also find it weird that they lean very hard on Pinkie being all about cooking instead of partying, even in the intro, but whatever, moving on. Overall it was pretty much as bad as I thought the show would be. Just wacky things happening without much cohesiveness, characters are very simplified, trying very hard to be funny, not succeeding much, mostrely leaning on fast pacing to makeing things entertaining, because everything just zips by so fast. I'd say it's one of those situations where it's good enough for kids, but not for adults.

*However** "Best of the worst" was actually a lot better. It was pretty true to Dash's character, had a somewhat clever premise and some decent writing, and even a couple of heartfelt moments, which were zipping by at a speed of light, but none the less. It wasn't amazing or anything, it's pretty hard to compare it to G4, because the world is still just a wacky nothingness and so far it doesn't feel like the show or the characters have any depth, but for "10 minutes of wacky comedy" it was okay, especially compared to "Princess Probz".

So far both episodes lean into a pretty cheesy "I can't help but be myself" at the end, which makes me I wonder if this is going to be the theme of the entire thing. It's also leans pretty heavily on your knowledge of G4, like, there's a black and white scene with Rarity with lipstick out of nowhere for 2 seconds. Also no characters are explained or introduced, unless you count the intro as character introduction, which I don't. But anyway, what I want to say is that it's weird how it leans heavily on what was established in G4, but then also says that it wants to be it's own thing and does a lot of things differently. I'm having some weird brain space watching it.

Overall - it's very fast paced, which I have no problems with, I know some people do; it's a lot more wacky then G4, which I'm okay with when they don't go into just full-on nonsense, which they sometimes do; and so far there's one episode that was as bad as I was expecting, and one episode that was better then I was expecting. I wonder which route the rest of the show will take.

Funny enough, the most shoehorned in, the most nonsensical and the most pointless part of the whole thing so far are the potions. They are just there, they just do random things, ponies are drinking them just because, it doesn't make any sense and so far they were just used for "lol so random" gags. I wish the first episode was the one that uses potions as the driving force of the plot, so they could be properly introduced, but instead we got "Princess Probz".
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #E79F
Background Pony #E79F
So I watched first... 4 episodes? It's kinda weird how they are 5 minute each, but then they also both two-parters, so it's more like 2 episodes 10 minutes each... whatever.

So "Princess Probz" was kinda bad and all over the place. I also find it weird that they lean very hard on Pinkie being all about cooking instead of partying, even in the intro, but whatever, moving on. Overall it was pretty much as bad as I thought the show would be. Just wacky things happening without much cohesiveness, characters are very simplified, trying very hard to be funny, not succeeding much, mostly leaning on fast pacing to make things entertaining. I'd say it's one of those situations where it's good enough for kids, but not for adults.
*However* "Best of the worst" was actually a lot better. It was pretty true to Dash's character, had a somewhat clever premise and some decent writing, and even a couple of heartfelt moments, which were zipping by at a speed of light, but none the less. It wasn't amazing or anything, it's pretty hard to compare it to G4, because the world is still just a wacky nothingness and so far it doesn't feel like the show or the characters have any depth, but for "10 minutes of wacky comedy" it was okay, especially compared to "Princess Probz".
So far both episodes lean into a pretty cheesy "I can't help but be myself" at the end, which makes me I wonder if this is going to be the theme of the entire thing. It's also leans pretty heavily on your knowledge of G4, like, there's a black and white scene with Rarity with lipstick out of nowhere for 2 seconds. Also no characters are explained or introduced, unless you count the intro as character introduction, which I don't. But anyway, what I want to say is that it's weird how it leans heavily on what was established in G4, but then also says that it wants to be it's own thing and does a lot of things differently. I'm having some weird brain space watching it.

Overall - it's very fast paced, which I have no problems with, I know some people do; it's a lot more wacky then G4, which I'm okay with when they don't go into just full-on nonsense, which they sometimes do; and so far there's one episode that was as bad as I was expecting, and one episode that was better then I was expecting. I wonder which route the rest of the show will take.

Funny enough, the most shoehorned in, the most nonsensical and the most pointless part of the whole thing so far are the potions. They are just there, they just do random things, ponies are drinking them just because, it doesn't make any sense and so far they were just used for "lol so random" gags. I wish the first episode was the one that uses potions as the driving force of the plot, so they could be properly introduced, but instead we got "Princess Probz".
No reason given
Background Pony #E79F

So "Princess Probz" was kinda bad and all over the place. I also find it weird that they lean very hard on Pinkie being all about cooking instead of partying, even in the intro, but whatever, moving on. Overall it was pretty much as bad as I thought ithe show would be. Just wacky things happening without much cohesiveness, characters are very simplified, trying very hard to be funny, not succeeding much. I'd say it's one of those situations where it's good enough for kids, but not for adults.
*However* "Best of the worst" was actually a lot better. It was pretty true to Dash's character, had a somewhat clever premise and some decent writing, and even a couple of heartfelt moments, which were zipping by at a speed of light, but none the less. It wasn't amazing or anything, it's pretty hard to compare it to G4, because the world is still just a wacky nothingness and so far it doesn't feel like the show or the characters have any depth, but for "10 minutes of wacky comedy" it was okay, especially compared to "Princess Probz".

No reason given
Background Pony #E79F

So "Princess Probz" was kinda bad and all over the place. I also find it weird that they lean very hard on Pinkie being all about cooking instead of partying, even in the intro, but whatever, moving on. Overall it was pretty much as bad as I thought it would be. Just wacky things happening without much cohesiveness. I'd say it's one of those situations where it's good enough for kids, but not for adults.

No reason given