Opinions on Cadance and Shining Armor

Pony Discussion » Opinions on Cadance and Shining Armor Search Posts
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
What she did was in essence a violent coup.
That had the pretense of it being a “test”.

Uh newsflash: A coup is when the military takes over, not when a government official from another country does.
RaineV1

Assuming Sombra was a crystal pony before going all smokey, the likely coup was him eliminating anyone standing between him and ultimate power. So, it’d be more like freeing a country that already had its government overthrown by a warlord. Or Sombra himself was a foreign conqueror. In which case, it was one kingdom taking control of a country that had already been conquered before they got there.
Haymaker

I don’t get the debate over Sombra. He was a tyrannical, power-hungry oppressor who explicitly referred to the crystal ponies as slaves.
Trickquestion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Haymaker  
It’s still sketchy as shit to install a close (albeit adopted) relative of the country’s supreme ruler as the monarch of the nation after dumping off the previous tyrannical dictator.

Was there not a single crystal pony fit to rule? Are they all apparently mindless geodes who would run around like headless chickens without the loving embrace of the alicorn master race?
RaineV1

@Trickquestion  
1: Their old government failed to protect them. If they did have some old group in charge that still existed, I wouldn’t want that group being in charge again.

2: Why wouldn’t they pick Cadance on their own to be their new leader? She protected them for god knows how long before Twilight showed up and killed the guy that made them into slaves in a spectacular and public way.
Background Pony #F182
@Background Pony  
Yeah, that line really seemed weird. She may very well be descended from the previous Crystal Princess. She may just look like the Crystal Princess. Maybe she was just a Princess who happened to be near crystals? Who knows? But I guess you could draw that conclusion from the scene, seeing as how vague it was.
Background Pony #8526
@Trickquestion  
Sombra most likely broke the will of every Crydtal Pony who dared to oppose him, Including Gaurds and Politics. I am pretty sure that the reason why Those Purple crystal Gaurds weren’t in the S3 premiere is because They were too depressed from Sombra’s reign that they became too weak. Yet they somehow regained there streght later on.

But a Crystal Pony as a well intentioned extremist being A villain would be cool. Perhabs his ideals would be “We have been taken adventage of by many ponies throughout the years, enough is enough”
Teck_pack

Wow, so many Background ponies here.

In any case i have no strong feelings for them. I liked Cadence premise, Princess of love or something and Shinning armor is the sterotypical knight in shining armor (yeah i know redundant).

I simply think that, as many things in the show, they have potential but the writers do not have the time, money and /or interest to explore/exploit it.

Shinnig only porpuse was to link Twi to the wedding. Cadences only purpose was to get married and thus enabling Hasbro to sell a wedding set. But it is worth noting that at least Cadeace has been consistently used as a plot device.

On a final comment i really the way they beated Chrisy at the end of ACW, i know most people did not loved the whole “love will preavail” thing, but it is MLP, a wedding episode had to end with love blasting its way through.

Why i liked it? Well Shnning armor does not saves her damsel in distress nor anyone, and Cadence does not do it either, they save the day together, with twi’s help of course. Wich diverges a little from most traditional “endings”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide