Naming Fluttershy's Parents, Trixie's Mom, and the Sphinx

Genki
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

SQUAWK!!!
@Wispy Tuft  
Careful, your sarcasm is practically gushing out your mouth  
@mjangelvortex  
I voted for the names that had Showcase, Specticle and the like. Because those are names she should have.

not a flower base name just because her cm is a flower. Honestly people, her cm isn’t even a Dandelion so why would you name her DANDY LION!!! please, im tellin’ ya, she gets that name im tellin the wiki crew they’re gonna need a new wiki pony list editor cause i aint puttin’ that in!
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@JaPon-ii  
That’s a fair point. It’s not like Fluttershy is named Butterflies or Pinkie Pie is named Balloons or something like that. Not every pony needs a name that’s connected to their cutie mark.
Genki
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
That’s a fair point. It’s not like Fluttershy is named Butterflies or Pinkie Pie is named Balloons or something like that. Not every pony needs a name that’s connected to their cutie mark.

exactly
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Kirin Flutterfan
@mjangelvortex  
Fun fact: Apparently Phix liked to strangulate those who failed to solve her riddles. In fact, “sphinx” can be roughly translated as “strangler” or “one who strangulates” from Ancient Greek. And even funnier, the word shares its etymology with the word “sphincter”.
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
Think of it this way, in universe, ponies are named long before they get a cutie mark. So if names happen to be related to the cutie mark it is just a coincidence. Ponies should be be named with in universe logic as if we were the parents.
Genki

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
Which is why I’d suggest not trying to shame people who want to name trixie’s mom some variation of “dandelion”

There is a difference between making a name that is related and applies to the creature  
than  
naming a pony after a flower that isn’t even their cutie mark, and Dandy doesn’t do her personality a justice, it’s just NOT her..it goes against her personality.

…different strokes for different folks, I guess.
mjangelvortex
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@JaPon-ii  
To play devil’s advocate here, does Trixie’s mom even have a personality? I don’t read the comics but from what I recall all she did was just appear in one brief moment and didn’t have any lines.
Genki

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
To play devil’s advocate here, does Trixie’s mom even have a personality? I don’t read the comics but from what I recall all she did was just appear in one brief moment and didn’t have any lines.

Does she strike you as the Dandy sort?  
When you think dandy what do you think of?

Definitely not Trixie’s mom. She isn’t the sunglasses, dapper clothes-wearing, slick back grease haired 60-80s styled pony.Or somethin’ like that
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@JaPon-ii  
This may shock you but Junebug is not actually a junebug, nor is her cutie mark an insect…

At any rate, my Dandelion Dream suggestion was a nod to the people who wanted dandy lion, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to make it. Dandelion Lulamoon might, though.
Genki

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
This may shock you bunt Junebug is not actually a junebug, nor is her cutie mark an insect…
At any rate, my Dandelion Dream suggestion was a nod to the people who wanted dandy lion, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to make it.

hmmm….I must say, way to make an editor look back at his notes…hmm…I think…I have been had..

…huh!..
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@JaPon-ii  
Dandy also means stylish (regardless of era). Its other definition means “Excellent”. So, Trixie is “great and powerful” while her mother is “excellent.” The name could work that way (and this is coming from someone who doesn’t like the name either).

@cheezedoodle  
I’m upset about some of these names myself but you make a good point.
Genki

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
Dandy also means stylish (regardless of era). Its other definition means “Excellent”. So, Trixie is “great and powerful” while her mother is “excellent.” The name could work that way (and this is coming from someone who doesn’t like the name either).
@cheezedoodle
I’m upset about some of these names myself but you make a good point.

I already said I have been had, my notes checks out. LOGIC is back in and my sanity is restored. I no longer see a problem with naming her Dandy…just keep that Lion shite out.

feels good to not be Twilighting anymore…
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@JaPon-ii  
I made my comment the exact same time you made your “I think I have been had” comment. So it was just unfortunate timing on my part.

I agree with the lion for the most part though.  
Maybe she tames lions as part of a magic act?
Genki

SQUAWK!!!
@JaPon-ii
I made my comment the exact same time you made your “I think I have been had” comment. So it was just unfortunate timing on my part.
I agree with the lion for the most part though.
Maybe she tames lions as part of a magic act?

That Junebug really forced me to do a 180 reivaluate my entire standing.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
All we know about Trixie’s mom is what she looks like and who she’s related too. And while some ponies names have nothing to do with their cutie marks, the large majority of them do. Or at least evokes them.

Beatrix Sunnyflower was and is the most suitable name. If I could add in Beatrix Sundazzle for those who like the Sundazzle name, I would.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide