Viewing last 25 versions of post by Wispy Tuft in topic Naming Fluttershy's Parents, Trixie's Mom, and the Sphinx

Wispy Tuft
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
"[@CMC Scootaloo":](/pony/naming-fluttershy-s-parents-trixie-s-mom-and-the-sphinx/post/4463310#post_4463310
)  
I agree words only have the meanings we give them and don't have any inherent power unless we give them power. But here's the thing. We can't count on everybody just dropping the negative meaning of a word. Even if everyone here agreed to embrace the old meaning of Isis (IE the god Isis) we'd still look fucking bonkers to everybody outside our circle.

To put it bluntly this isn't a free speech issue, it's you trying to give muh waifu a shit name. Please stop.

I actually already knew who Isis was. I'm not ruining the meaning of the name isis, the people out there blowing themselves up in the name of hatred are.
Reason: I got one more thing to say
Edited by Wispy Tuft
Wispy Tuft
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
"@CMC Scootaloo":/pony/naming-fluttershy-s-parents-trixie-s-mom-and-the-sphinx/post/4463310#post_4463310
I agree words only have the meanings we give them and don't have any inherent power unless we give them power. But here's the thing. We can't count on everybody just dropping the negative meaning of a word. Even if everyone here agreed to embrace the old meaning of Isis (IE the god Isis) we'd still look fucking bonkers to everybody outside our circle.
To put it bluntly this isn't a free speech issue, it's you trying to give muh waifu a shit name. Please stop.
No reason given
Edited by Wispy Tuft