Naming Background Ponies Thread!

StarIsEnby
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Star!!!
@Toastypk
only three characters are tagged
rocky (pale white-ish coat with brown mane)
berries (orange coat with blue-ish purple mane)
and plum library (pink coat with blue mane)
so purple coat with pink mane and pink coat with blue mane are unnamed
so for purple & pink: violet night/sunset sky (given pegasus and all)
grey-ish blue & yellow: cloudy fields
I cannot think of one for pink & blue lol
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
Some more suggestions needed:
#973, #982
Brown and red guard: Noble Crest wins by 7-2
Green and purple guard: Legion Stalk wins by 5-4
#983, #984, #985
medium
#995-996
Foreground blue and red stallion with skull and crossbones mark: Joli Rouge wins by 4-3
Foreground purple and blue mare with glasses: Aquamarine Forsythia wins by 5-3
#997-998
Bg light green and purple uni with multicolor scarf: Axzalea Fields wins by 7-3
Bg green and dark green foal: Vidalis Fields wins by 5-4
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
Hey, for characters who have character name tags but not A character name, what should we do? Give them a proper name?

This here masseuse pony is just that, “masseuse pony”. I’d love to see him with a proper name!
I personally suggest Suave Touch.
Though a lot of his images seem have the tag Quake in it, which apparently comes from something. Take that how you will.
MonochromeWallflower
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

MFW Monochromatic
Hey, for characters who have character name tags but not A character name, what should we do? Give them a proper name?

This here masseuse pony is just that, “masseuse pony”. I’d love to see him with a proper name!
I personally suggest Suave Touch.
Though a lot of his images seem have the tag Quake in it, which apparently comes from something. Take that how you will.
Seems like “Quake” is just some old fan name that was put on images but never voted on, it could be voted on in this thread
I will however submit my own name too though
Yellow hair and body unicorn(? she appears more commonly as an earth pony) mare(? can’t tell gender): Buttery Smooth or Smooth Butter
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Yellow one, I suggest Radiant Gold.
EDIT: Seems the purple one is named Amethyst Stone! Which has its own blue character tag already!
He’s the purple one with gray fringe. Though sometimes he is a pegasus or an earth pony.

I’m guessing the purple one with cyan fringe is a different guy.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
#1004-#1005

Cream and Red Earth mare: Ribbon Rosette wins by default
Pink and Gray Pegasus mare: Poll
Daisydaint Bow wins by default
Oscar Smartpaw wins by default
Spotsplatter wins by default
Scrappy wins by default
Marrow wins by default
Sizzlebelle wins by default
Lady Bowser wins by default
Autumn Ribs wins by default
Barkley wins by default
Archie Bluecoat wins by default
Baxter wins by default
#1025-#1026
Green and Pink Unicorn Stallion: Poll
Pink and Blue Earth stallion: Poll
Toastypk

Royal Advisor

Here’s this dude with a push broom cutie mark who dressed up as one of those tribal ponies from the Fortress of Talachon.
What should he be named?
I’m thinking… Tidy Duster. or Tidy Brush. Though there’s a number of ponies already with the word brush in their name.
I like his body fur hue!
EDIT: I found another pony who actually has a tag to her name put in a few places, but it’s not a character tag, and I don’t think has made the rounds here.

This pale yellow, dark purple mane mare was given the tag Cascada. Would you concur? Or suggest something else?
MonochromeWallflower

MFW Monochromatic
Two unnamed diamond dogs
Other male diamond dog: Longwalk
“Chipper Diamond Dog”: Mint McChip
@Toastypk

Here’s this dude with a push broom cutie mark who dressed up as one of those tribal ponies from the Fortress of Talachon.
What should he be named?
I’m thinking… Tidy Duster. or Tidy Brush. Though there’s a number of ponies already with the word brush in their name.
I like his body fur hue!
EDIT: I found another pony who actually has a tag to her name put in a few places, but it’s not a character tag, and I don’t think has made the rounds here.

This pale yellow, dark purple mane mare was given the tag Cascada. Would you concur? Or suggest something else?
Yellow hair green body earth stallion: I previously suggested Haybroom
Black hair tan body earth mare: I like the name Cascada
MonochromeWallflower

MFW Monochromatic
Yellow one, I suggest Radiant Gold.
EDIT: Seems the purple one is named Amethyst Stone! Which has its own blue character tag already!
He’s the purple one with gray fringe. Though sometimes he is a pegasus or an earth pony.

I’m guessing the purple one with cyan fringe is a different guy.
Teal hair yellow body crystal stallion: Citrine Center or Citrine Consort
Teal hair purple body crystal stallion: Brilliant Bearing
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide