Naming Background Ponies Thread!

Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Morning Showers, Wild Blueberry, Ivy Jack, Lavender Smoothie

Okay, I’ve looked it up.

The name suggestions for this pony are Morning Showerd and Wild Blueberry.

Ivy Jack and Lavender Smoothie were suggested in the comments to this picture.  

There’s an unnamed pony at the bottom, left of centre, with similar colours. She’s described as “Aura’s mother” because of these colours, so it’s this particular pony without a doubt.

The mane difference (pun obviously intended) is the mane style: Morning Showers/Wild Blueberry has got the same style as Lightning Bolt whereas Ivy Jack/Lavender Smoothie has got a two-tone mane in the same style as Octavia or Cloud Kicker.

Also, the former is slightly darker, and they seem to have different eye colours.

To add to the confusion: There’s another pony in similar colours again, but with Dizzy Twister’s hairstyle.
StarStorm1

@Mildgyth Yes it is next to White Lightning/Lightning Bolt. And yes those two need names so for the green and orange pony that looks like Berryshine and Cherry Berry. I say Orange Leaf, and for the lavennder and turquoise pony, Glitter Wishes
GrapefruitFace Archives
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

2017-2021
I was sent here by my good friend DeepestClover80

^ Star Rider

^ Didgeri Doo

^ Odango Fu

^ Cathy O’Marea

^ I’d call her Fuchsia Blush, but that names taken by one of my waifus’ bandmates…

I hope this helps give these beauties a name… sorry if some of them are bit cringy X3 I tried my best ^ ^
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
More suggestions:

?

?

?

?

?

Cumula

Sweet Smoothie

Grease Trap

Vaquero, Tex Glitter

Cerulean Celine

Ambient Light

?

?
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Mildgyth

From my earlier comment:  
#488 >>2413600 Not!Colgate and a flower cutie mark… Natural Extracts or Nature Fresh
#489 >>2219976 No idea, but someone in the comments suggests Midnight Snack
#490 >>2346715 Knitting Circle, Yarn Craft, Stitch ’n Bitch, Granny Crochet, Stitch Pattern
#491 >>2380649 Comments suggest Time Tracker, Time Crunch or Clockwork. I’d add Clockwise.
#492 >>2380692 My first thought was that she kinda reminds me of Megan and/or Molly Williams from G1. To turn this into a pony name… Maybe Williams Pear? Kinda hard to check if that fits her cutie mark, though, unless there are better pictures of her.

For #499, I’d suggest Baldwin (or Baldwin Apple, Baldwin Cider), because of his bald tail.

For #500, maybe something like Sweet Death or Lilith? She does have a skull on her butt.

There also were some other suggestions, often replying to unrelated comments. Let me see…

This should be #489:  
@Background Pony #3FC2  
@StarStorm1
How about for the last problem Pepsi drink
@Background Pony #3FC2 Pepsi could work, I think Quarter Note could work because he has music notes for his cutie mark. You can’t see it in the picture because its hidden, but in the gameloft game for part 2 of the prank for the future blitz events he was available as a helper pony.

And here…  
@StarStorm1  
#488 How about Flower Mist for the blue unicorn mare
#490 Gemma for the sales pony
#491 Time Crunch for the purple unicorn stallion
#492? Is she pink? Pink Lemonade or Roseberry or Glitter Rose for the pink and yellow earth mare
#493 For the Blue and white pegasus mare Clear View or Skyfall
This was #468. Seems we missed it for her vote. For the turqouise and pink pegasus Mystic Glow or Mystic Blue.

Finally:  
@Pulse Wave  
#499 He’s obviously an Apple, so: Elstar.
Genki
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

SQUAWK!!!
More suggestions:
?
Cumula
Vaquero, Tex Glitter
?

492: Goldielocks  
493: I know that name is short for cumulanimbus but come on, nobody or most will pronounce that as (Q-mew-la) they’re going to say (CUM-uh-la) and it just sounds wrong then. I suggest it’d be something more blunt based on her fair design Cloud Pillow orCloud Cover

496: His name I decree is Jimmy James Jones you can just call him Jimmy J. Jones or Jimmy Jones if pressed for time, tips hat, howdy!

500: Velvet Lavender though giving it a second glance at the color scheme and cutiemark, I’m almost tempted to say her name should be ZONE-tan though that name is taken (by a certain mascot) lol maybe zonechan or Zonesan
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide