Naming Background Ponies Thread!

Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
People still don’t know about this thread. They still keep asking for names and dumping name suggestions into the comments.

Most recent case:  

Names suggested:

Clarion Call  
Bugle Blast

Follow the thread just to be on the safe side. I’ve got a feeling that nobody will do as I wrote and take name suggestions to this thread.
Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
@UnnamedPonies  
If you take a minute to look through the thread, you’d see half a dozen staff that run this, set up polls, and generally partake.

This is where tags to names are compiled, voted on, and used. Staff just graciously let us help with the name suggestions.
Pulse Wave

Busy procrastinating
You could have stuck around, played along with the established naming methods and helped us name unnamed ponies using this thread here.

But if you prefer to ragequit because we didn’t let you have it your way just simply informed you how unnamed ponies get their names on Derpibooru, that’s your choice.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@UnnamedPonies  
That’s fine. Just try to keep your temper in the future, and I think most people will be happy to let bygones be bygones.

If you want to participate in naming background ponies in the future, you’re more than welcome to propose and debate names here. Any official tagging will probably have to wait until polls come back online, though.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
@UnnamedPonies  
Hence why this thread should be linked to in comment sections when and where relevant.

@UnnamedPonies  
Do you see the bar up at the top of the site? There’s an icon shaped like a bar with an arrow pointing up, right next to the site logo. Click on it and you’ll go to the uploading interface. You can either paste an url in the topmost bar or upload an image from you computer – it can be finicky and not all urls work, so if one doesn’t you can just download the relevant image and upload it that way. An image needs a minimum of three tags, one of which needs to be a rating tag (for a screencap, the rating is always “safe”) before the site will let you upload it, but try to include more than the minimum – things like the character’s species and gender, the episode the image is from, any specific action they’re taking, and so on are all things that you should think about tagging.

When all of that’s done, click on the “upload” button at the bottom and there you go.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
@UnnamedPonies  
If you want an image to show up as a thumbnail in a comment, you need to format it like so:

>>1836588t or >>1836588s

The second will make a small image thumbnail.

In this case, I don’t think that this pony has a name yet, no. Neither does the blue stallion:  

For reference’s sake, the other two members of the royal legion currently go by Albus and Iron Eagle.  
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I don’t know if that Unicorn with the glowy green horn ever got a name or not, but I know she’s appeared in this thread before because I noted that her cutie mark looks like DimFann’s avatar on Tumblr.
Pulse Wave

Busy procrastinating
We should tag pictures from official material that contain nameless ponies with unnamed pony right away whenever we find them and, if applicable, also background pony pony. I do this already, and I get an alert whenever there’s a new picture with these two tags. This makes finding pictures with nameless ponies a lot easier. (There are also corresponding tags for other species, e.g. kirin or hippogriffs.)

Another tag worth mentioning is name suggestion in the comments for when names for unnamed characters have been dropped into the comments section.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide