Naming Background Ponies Thread!

Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Question : Why is Cascada’s tag green and not blue?

Was there a poll on this name?

Because if someone thinks up a name for a character and simply slaps that name as a tag on pictures of that character just like this, they can’t expect that name to be officially recognised and therefore turned blue.

This isn’t how naming ponies works. And this has never been, not even on /co/ 10 years ago. No matter how hard certain anons try.

@HorseBasedPun  
@Background Pony #1B63
I’ve seen some tags that start out green but become blue after a bit. Idk how

There’s a thread for that. You go there, report a tag that’s green although it should be blue, and if it’s a legitimate name, the mods will take care of that.

(In other words, I don’t think you can bypass the naming/name-tagging system by thinking up a name, slapping tags on pics and then reporting that tag to the mods. I’m pretty sure they will check who added the tags. And if they don’t, they really should.)
Pulse Wave

Busy procrastinating
@Dogman15  
Yes, that’s where the wiki holds polls for pony names. They have to do it on “neutral ground” because fan sites like Derpibooru aren’t allowed as sources (remember the MLP:FiM Wiki copied Wikipedia’s ruleset).
Pulse Wave

Busy procrastinating
@Background Pony #0F68  
Usually, new names from the polls in this thread will be made blue a few days after the polls are closed.

If the name comes from a different source, e.g. the IDW comics or the Reddit polls for the wiki, this won’t happen automatically. In this case we’ll have to take care of this ourselves.

Step 1: You go to this thread.

Step 2: You post the name tag that’s green when it should be blue. Not just the name, but the tag with the link. Makes things a lot easier for the team.

Step 3: (I hope) they’ll check whether that’s a legit name. (As I wrote, if you come up with a name, slap that name on a couple pics as a tag with no votes and nothing, it is not a legit name.)

Step 4: If it is a legit name, they will change the tag to blue.

Good advice: If you’ve discovered that a background pony that’s still unnamed here has a name on the wiki, and you tag the according pics here with that name, and you want that name tag to be blue, add a link as proof that it wasn’t you who came up with the name.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
#617, #618

Light blue: ?  
Yellow: ?

Poll

Poll

Poll

#622, #623, #624

Green and orange: Poll  
Green and yellow: Poll  
Hippogriff fledgeling: Stratus Gypsum wins by default

Poll

Poll

Poll

>>1736355t (merged)

Coral Dust wins by default

Purple: Poll

#630, #631, #632

Green and yellow: Seaweed Spray wins by default  
Grey and pink: Flush Typhoon wins by default  
Yellow fledgeling: Papaya Bay wins by default

Light blue and purple: Poll
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide