My reactions versus everyone else's

EyeGuy
Duck - quack
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Dreading Season 9
The CMC finally get their cutie marks.

Me: Hooray! Happiest moment in the whole series! An almost five-year conflict has FINALLY been resolved!

Everyone else: Eww, those cutie marks look so ugly with the colors! These fan-made redesigns look so much better!

Every Little Thing She Does airs.

Me: That was a fun episode. Sure, Starlight screwed up, but at least she learned her lesson in the end.

Everyone else: That was an awful episode! Starlight deserves to rot in Tartarus for her crimes!

To Where and Back Again airs:

Me: That was a really great two-parter. I like episodes that don’t focus on the main characters, as those are a nice change of pace.

Everyone else: Worst finale EVER! The princesses were useless as usual, and Chrysalis was even lamer than in her first appearance! That creator’s pet Glimmer Gumdrops doesn’t deserve her own two-parter!

The changelings transform.

Me: Oh, those look so cool! Like technicolor deer mixed with stag beetles. They remind me of Pokemon, or even something out of Princess Mononoke.

Everyone else: Ewww, those colors are hideous! You ruined the changelings, Hasbro! You turned them into technicolor eye poison!

The previews for Rock Solid Friendship are shown.

Me: Cool, another Maud episode. Those are often fun.

Everyone else: ANOTHER Maud episode?! She’s so overused! I demand a Celestia episode!

Tempest Shadow is revealed.

Me: That’s a cool design for a villainous pony.

Everyone else: Owww, the edge! Who let the edgy pony creator OC into the canon?!

Capper is revealed.

Me: An anthro cat? What an odd thing to see in the franchise. Then again, G1 had Catrina, so maybe it’s a reference to her? I want to know more about this character.

Everyone else: Ewww, furries! Hasbro’s ruining Faust’s vision by introducing bipedal funny animals!

A Royal Problem airs.

Me: That was a really good episode. I hope the bronies are happy that we finally got a Celestia episode.

Everyone else: Why did Celestia and Luna have to share an episode with that overpowered creator’s pet Starlight?! And why didn’t she get punished for her crime?! The only good part of this episode was Daybreaker.

Mirror Magic airs.

Me: That was a fun EQG special. I thought it was really funny when Sunset forgot how to pony, and I liked seeing her interactions with Starlight. I also really like Starlight’s human form.

Everyone else: Worst Equestria Girls thing ever! That awful Glimmer stole the spotlight from the Mane Six AGAIN!

The movie is finally released.

Me: That was a FANTASTIC film! Probably the best thing to come out of the My Little Pony franchise, and was practically Studio Ghibli compared to the other crappy animated films this year. It reminded me of a Disney film in a lot of places, and it felt good seeing a 2D-animated film in theaters after missing out on The Princess and the Frog. I loved a lot of the new characters, and the Storm King was a great villain, being a nice mixture of funny and menacing.

Everyone else: That was a mediocre film! The princesses were useless AGAIN, Applejack and Fluttershy had nothing to do, there were too many new characters and not enough time to develop them, the story was generic, Hasbro played it safe, and the Storm King was a terrible villain!

A new season is announced.

Me: Oh, great. There’s just going to be more of the usual bitching and moaning.

Everyone else: Woo-hoo! All aboard the hype train!

Rumors of Season 9 being the last season arrive.

Me: If this is true, this is great! Now the show can finally rest, and the other bronies can stop complaining about everything.

Everyone else: What?! Only nine seasons?! But I want it to last for a THOUSAND seasons!
Background Pony #CAFF
holier-than-thou
ˌhōlēərT͟HənˈT͟Hou/
adjective
characterized by an attitude of moral superiority.
“they had quite a critical, holier-than-thou approach”
synonyms: sanctimonious, self-righteous, smug, self-satisfied;
Background Pony #1B18
@EyeGuy  
full

Also, have you seen a doctor yet? And if so, are you following your program including staying current on any prescriptions?

I’m not kidding - thinking the entire world is against you is not healthy, and may be indicative of a serious condition.
EyeGuy
Duck - quack
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Dreading Season 9
@Background Pony #0175  
Hey, these are based on actual comments I’ve seen on this site, Equestria Daily, YouTube, deviantART, and even the MLP subreddit, which is generally considered the most positive brony community.
Background Pony #1B18
@EyeGuy  
Yes. Of course. Literally every single human being on the entire planet hates MLP, except for you.

Every. Single. Human. Being.

That’s rational.

full
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@EyeGuy

“I totally like the show even though I keep saying that the negative opinions are more ‘valid’ and calling anyone who still actually likes the show deluded.”

Do you even realize how you sound?
Background Pony #1B18
@EyeGuy  
@EyeGuy

Have you considered the possibility that everyone on this site and elsewhere you receive negative feedback are not, in fact, ass-kissing Hasdrones, but are just really sick of your endless whining?

full

If “everyone else” doesn’t like anything you say, consider that it’s not the thing you’re talking about that we’re fed up with. Consider the possibility that people are downvoting you, personally, not the show.

Maybe you need to take your own advice. Go do something you like, instead of trying to convince “everyone else” that we hate something we love.
EyeGuy
Duck - quack

Dreading Season 9
@northern haste  
Yup. That is exactly what I’m doing. I KNOW the post-Faust seasons of FIM are terrible, but I still like them anyway.

@northern haste  
I’m doing the exact opposite of cherry-picking. I’m TRYING to find the positive part of the fandom, but it’s difficult to do so with all the negativity everywhere.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@EyeGuy  
when I say when you think they’re bad I mean when you think they’re bad not because other people think they’re bad.  
(I’m TRYING to find the positive part of the fandom)  
You could have fooled me
EyeGuy
Duck - quack

Dreading Season 9
@northern haste  
I submitted a pony soapbox to Equestria Daily saying that the MLP movie would become a cult classic in the future, as many films that got mixed to negative reception when they were first released eventually gained followings.

The TOP COMMENTS were saying that the MLP movie is too generic and poorly-written to gain a following. To put this in perspective, Disney’s not-so-good films like The Black Cauldron have followings, as does Don Bluth’s not-so-good films like The Pebble and the Penguin. If a movie is too terrible to gain a cult following, then it would have to be on par with Norm of the North or The Emoji Movie.

I don’t remember the SpongeBob movie getting this much hate from it’s so-called “fans”. Or the Simpsons movie, or the Powerpuff Girls movie, or the Rugrats movie, or any other movie based on a popular TV show.
Background Pony #6586
@EyeGuy  
No, you do cherrypick. You cherrypick the opinions of people in the fandom because if you didn’t, you’d have to acknowledge that saying this show has any qualities has been an incredibly unpopular opinion since day 1. You’d rather delude yourself into thinking there was ever some golden age when 99%+ of people didn’t trash talk the show.

By the way, you’ve ignored yet another question that you’ve found too difficult.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
I’m TRYING to find the positive part of the fandom, but it’s difficult to do so with all the negativity everywhere.

That is not true - every time you see someone enjoying the show, you label them a “hasdrone” or a “troll” for enjoying the show.

The only opinions that you consider valid are negative opinions.

So - why don’t you just to find something you’re able to enjoy?

It’s not our responsibility to “prove” to you that you should just relax and enjoy the show, or that we aren’t lying when we say that we do enjoy it.
Latecomer

@EyeGuy  
What does it say that my opinions mamtch your’s pretty much half the time and the other’s the other half?

(In case you’re interested, I’m with you on 3-8 and the last one.)
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Latecomer  
It says that even a broken clock like EyeGuy can be right twice a day.

Didn’t realize this thread would get bumped. Maybe it’s time to lock it, since OP is no longer going to be using this site.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
Every Little Thing She Does airs.
Me: That was a fun episode. Sure, Starlight screwed up, but at least she learned her lesson in the end.
Everyone else: That was an awful episode! Starlight deserves to rot in Tartarus for her crimes!
To Where and Back Again airs.
Me: That was a really great two-parter. I like episodes that don’t focus on the main characters, as those are a nice change of pace.
Everyone else: Worst finale EVER! The princesses were useless as usual, and Chrysalis was even lamer than in her first appearance! That creator’s pet Glimmer Gumdrops doesn’t deserve her own two-parter!
The changelings transform.
Me: Oh, those look so cool! Like technicolor deer mixed with stag beetles. They remind me of Pokemon, or even something out of Princess Mononoke.
Everyone else: Ewww, those colors are hideous! You ruined the changelings, Hasbro! You turned them into technicolor eye poison!
Mirror Magic airs.
Me: That was a fun EQG special. I thought it was really funny when Sunset forgot how to pony, and I liked seeing her interactions with Starlight. I also really like Starlight’s human form.
Everyone else: Worst Equestria Girls thing ever! That awful Glimmer stole the spotlight from the Mane Six AGAIN!
These are pretty much my thoughts on these things too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide