MLP: The Movie - Yours. Rate and Reply

SpikeSpiegel
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Thread’s simple. Just post what kind of movie you would have wanted in place of Equestria Girls (If you wanted another thing instead of what you got). I suggest each premise not last more than 90 minutes as per typical TV Movies.

MY LITTLE PONY - FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC: EQUESTRIAN HEROES

PLOT: Referring to the comics, once upon a time the thing that made Luna became Nightmare Moon is actually a smaller part of some larger evil and was sealed into something… by the original six Elements of Harmony, Luna (Magic), Celestia (Loyalty) and four other ponies that make up the rest. Although, there is a problem in that Celestia and Luna parted ways with these ponies on VERY, VERY bad terms. Can Twilight bring the band back together for one last hurrah?

SUBPLOT: Spike deals with Twilight favoring others over him when they do the same things he does and is reluctant to let anymore of it slide, holding a grudge. Celestia has doubts over her place as leader of the ponies after all that’s happened.

AESOP: Dear Princess Twilight,

On my adventure I - no - we have learned that friends, no matter how true or old, make mistakes and sometimes even hurt each other; but a good friend never lets petty grudges or old feuds get in the way of what’s truly important. The bonds that we hold and the love we have for one another. Today we learned to forgive and move on with our futures, together, as friends.

- For Once, YOUR Faithful Students, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, A Pony, B Pony, C Pony and D Pony.

P.S. Spike helped too.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Oh boy, I get to come up with something on the fly that would probably piss people off just as much as EqG, since I have a bias!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic- The Legends of The Dragonians

PLOT: A dragon king and queen who have emerge from their centuries-long slumber and realize one of their eggs was taken. Knowing their eternal enemies, they discover a dragon walking amongst a group of ponies and kidnap him, assuming that he is their son. The ponies set out on an adventure where they ultimately end up finding the their true son, reuniting him with his parents, and rescuing Spike.

SUBPLOT: Princess Celestia and Luna personally have to personally pick up every scroll that is normally sent to them.

AESOP:

“Dear your royal Equestrian majesties:  
An adventure certainly isn’t what I expected out of my life, and I always wondered if I ever would be truly happy. Imagine that! Me, a long lost member of dragon royalty. I always thought that ponies were my enemy, but I learned that you can’t judge someone on what they are physically. Your students taught me that there’s good in the hearts of all creatures, and to never give up searching for what you want.

With regards from all of Dragonia,  
Prince (insert dragon name here)”
ClownDicks

My Little Pony: Fall (working title)

Le plush horse ass: The implications of Celestia’s Ballad finally hit Twilight, who is understandably pissed that she has spent most of her life thus far only having the illusion of choice. Discord, who has secretly decided to become a serious villain at the urging of his daughter(?) Screwball, sees an opening to exploit and make Equestria understand that he’s gonna be playing for keeps this time. Things get bad and dark before they get better.

Le secondary plush horse asses: Luna, after a thousand years of total isolation followed by returning to a barely-recognizable Equestria that she fears doesn’t really want her, continues to be damaged inside. Celestia continues to regret accidentally hurting her sister in a way no amount of time passing will fully heal. Trixie, resentful that she continues to scrape by while Twilight continues falling ass-backwards into the good life, hopes stopping Discord’s latest, Twilight-centric plan will put an end to her new constant state of screaming internally.

Le valuable lesson to take home: A strong re-emphasizing of MMC’s moral. You know, the one about how you should make your own destiny and not let others force one on you. It would be punctuated by Twilight relinquishing her Celestia-appointed position as Specialest Bestest Pony.
Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
@SpikeSpiegel  
Okay, I’ll try. I’ve got several ideas, but here’s one I came up with just now off the top of my head…

MY LITTLE PONY: CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TAKE MANEHATTAN

PLOT: Applebloom, after lots of nagging, convinces AJ to let her go visit Babs Seed at her home in Manehattan (the straw that broke the horse’s back was AB using AJ’s own past against her). The other two CMC’s tag along. Once they’re in the city and meet up with Babs, they manage to get themselves wrapped up in a criminal conspiracy that threatens to destroy somepony or something. Hijinks ensue. So does lots of darkness (because I like punishing children). Brief discussion of cutie marks and psychology. Partway through the movie, they get separated and finally get their damn cutie marks. They use those talents in the climax… but they’re still not quite sure what it all means.

SUBPLOT: Rarity, who is already in Manehattan on business, has to deal with the snooty fashion crowd, including AJ’s relatives (who she already hates due to backstory we’ll see), snaps, verbally rips the rich ponies a new one, and is arrested for her troubles. She meets Sweetie Belle in jail just before the climax where we get to see Rarity display her martial arts prowess against mobsters. Her lesson learned is that it’s wrong to pass judgement on somepony when you don’t understand their perspective, also city people are jerks.

LESSON: A partial retconning of the unfortunate implications in “MMC”. The CMC’s get their marks, but still aren’t sure what to do with their talents. They realize that even when you find out what your talent is, how you apply that talent isn’t set in stone, and shouldn’t be.

NOTE: Twilight Sparkle does not appear at all (or if she does, it’s literally less than 5 lines total in a 90+ minute film)

PS - I have another idea for a movie that would wrap up the series and Gen4 completely, but that’s not “in place of” Equestria Girls like the above insane-train is.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
Title: Bad Dreams

Plot: Nightmare Moon had a plan in case she was defeated. Using mystical spell mumbo jumbo, she released her essence upon being hit with the elements and waited to reform. She does about three years later, but she comes back as a filly and highly depowered. She’s predictably pissed off at the circumstances. As punishment for her crimes, Luna has her live with and be taught by the one that helped lead to her downfall, Twilight Sparkle. Then she has to go to school and play with the CMC and all that. Ofcourse she acts like a little brat the whole time, but comes to like the CMC. And only them. Unfortunately the remaining pieces of her that didn’t come through in the regeneration are still around, they take over cadence. Essentially it becomes the first episode, sorta, but Nightmare has to face a mirror of herself, using her new found friendship to beat it. She’s still a jerk by the end, but is tolerant at the most toward the Element bearers, and friends with the CMC, just the CMC.

Subplot: Cadence becomes saddened by stuff like poverty or something, becoming perfect material for the nightmare forces to make her the new host.

Lesson: Everyone needs at least one person in their life.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@Itsthinking  
I confirm, It piss me off less than EG. Maybe I’m somewhat openned to the idea of ancient dragon’s kingdom and world creating about that but I feel it would have an overall better reaction.

I can’t think of anything I wanted that could please everyone but I might as well give a try at improvising something for the thread.

Title: into the deep

Plot: Fear and hatred spread over equestria for no apparent reason like if the crytal empire were spreading it yet everypony who made the trip over there report that there is no problems. Because they have little experience with the crystal empire magic and because Twilight expressly volunteered to visit her brother and Cadence she and her friend are send to investigate was happens there. They discover that there is a giant underground crystal tunnel network, linked to the Canterlot cave where chrysalis trapped Cadance and may other around the continent, that help spread the light of the crystal empire to equestria but that it is corrupt by an exterior force somewhere in the deep.

subplot: There is plenty of valuable gems in the crystal caves networks and Rarity and Spike take too many of them for fashion or eating, one snack here one beautiful gem she can’t just give up there. It block the hatred spreading at first but since it would also stuck the crystal empire happiness spreading, they have to find a way to fix it. (I had an idea about diamond dogs but I feel their out of place due to their general unpopularity)

Lesson: Showing kindness, and friendship give the good example and improve the life of everyone around you even if its is not obvious at first or take time to be noticeable. that why the good of the crystal empire touch all of Equestria through the distance and why the friendship of the mane six can do so much good despite being only between six ponies.
Trickquestion

Title: My Little Pony: Dark Waters

Plot: The spirit of King Sombra, less then a shadow of a ghost, has been possessing crystal ponies to stave off oblivion, but their glittering coat turns to icky black after a while, forcing him to body surf constantly to avoid discovery. He gets his break when he posses an Equestrian unicorn tourist. After some research of the new world at the Crystal Library, where he coincidently runs into Twilight visting Cadence and Shining, whom the movie opens on, he visits a place he knew from a thousand years ago: Atlantis, realm of the Sea Ponies. In the thousand years since his banishment, it sank beneath the sea due to a natural disaster. Sombra appears to them in the form of an aquatic dragon, the one which founded Atlantis and created Sea Ponies through breeding with unicorns. He convinces the Sea Ponies the surface attacked them, and convinces them to return to the surface and seek revenge. At the same time, he hypnotizes Shining Armor into acting belligerent towards the Sea Ponies. Sombra’s plan is to use the combined hatred of all this warmongering to drown the world and rule as God of the Sea Ponies. The Elements of Harmony must discover Sombra’s plot and stop the war!

Subplots: An exploration of Sea Pony history, Equestrian politics, and Sombra’s background. Sombra early on orders the kidnapping of one of the Elements, to make them impossible to use against them. With hyponotized Armor’s help (the signs of Armor’s involment are the first clue the Elements get of Sombra) he kidnaps Rarity, as well as Spike, who was with her at the time. In their Atlantean prison, romance blooms between Spike and Rarity, and Spike learns to stop being ashamed of his dragon heritage when he learns the story of the heroic Aquatic Dragon who founded and protected Atlantis.

Lesson: There are two sides to every conflict, and your enemies have convictions just as strong as yours. Sombra never informs the Sea Ponies of his plan to kill off the air breathing species; they’re simply striving for justice and reparations for what Sombra has convinced them was a heinous attack.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide