MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
The creators said they wanted to do more with Diamond Tiara post COTLM but is simply not allowed to. And if you asked me, Hasbro is apparently trying to bury many 7th members deep into the dirt. All are nothing but replacements to each other.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
Let him lead it without executive meddling. If Hasbro wouldn’t do it, he will.
@Nitro_Indigo
Closest we’ll get, hence your statement:
I liked the G4 comics because they introduce elements that aren’t in the show
I really feel that both Hasbro and IDW have their faults at times. Hasbro plays it too safe while IDW supposedly overdo the lore side if things. It doesn’t matter to me. At least we got enough of what their world is.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Have any of you used My Little Pony as a reference for any work? I am going to use A New Generation for a university project. I confess that I tried ChatGPT to get some references (I’m not going to copy it, I’m just using it to have a more varied choice of words) and they kinda managed to get almost everything right regarding the plot. The only mistake was describing Hitch as “a loyal Pegasus who grapples with his own sense of duty and loyalty”.
Background Pony #C17D
@TheQuietMan
True, but you said:
The creators said they wanted to do more with Diamond Tiara post COTLM but is simply not allowed to.
And i wanted to point that out.
As for the other:
And if you asked me, Hasbro is apparently trying to bury many 7th members deep into the dirt. All are nothing but replacements to each other.
Wouldn’t surprise me if this was because of the fact that they didn’t wan’t criticism for bringing a 7th member. (Especially considering Starlight Glimmer’s reception)
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #C17D
It was a different time and anyway, she’s a very unofficial 7th member due to not bothering any of the 6 since season 6. Regarding the g5 side of things, there was originally 5 but someone planned a 6th member, which sadly wasn’t Sprout but yeah.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #C17D
As much as people complain about it, Starlight wasn’t really a “7th member”, not in any way that mattered. She was a new major character, but aside from Twilight herself, she rarely had extended interactions with the Mane 6 that weren’t forced on her. They were more like “friends of a friend”, while Starlight’s actual friends consist mostly of characters the other Mane 6 don’t hang out with anyway. In that way, I wouldn’t mind if Comet came back and and made a friend group out of some of the other G5 minor characters.
Besides which, I don’t know how we can act like there was some sort of hesitation about it when they went all in on having Misty be a new member of the group.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Dragonpone
Offtopic, but I am glad that Starlight didn’t become a member of the Mane 6 in G4, I like that she created her own circle of friends
Ontopic, I would also like it if Comic formed his own group of friends as well
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide