Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Alright, I watched Chapter 6 as a blind reaction with my friend
Overall, the chapter was good, I actually enjoyed this one more than the previous chapter despite it being short. The dragon designs I’m not too much of a fan of, I was surprised to see THE Spike himself be the Dragon Lord but I just wish he had a different design than the other dragons. About the climax with Opaline stealing the cutie marks and her defeat, I was already spoiled by it from TYT (Thanks a lot…), but I did enjoy it more in MYM because it didn’t feel condensed from its runtime, seeing Opaline get defeated was satisfying to watch. I’m guessing that she’s done now.
About the Secrets Of Starlight special itself, it was alright. It reminded me a lot of the G4 special Rainbow Roadtrip, which I also found to be pretty mediocre. The two new characters were good enough and seeing all the indirect Starlight references did put a smile on my face knowing that my girl Glim Glam still has a legacy even in G5. Sadly, the new villain Allura I thought was pretty weak, she felt like diet Opaline but without the imposing threat, I thought her partner Twitch was more interesting and while her being a new recurrent threat does leave me uneasy, let’s see what they’ll do with her. Comet joining the main cast did surprise me, but I’m also eager on what role he’ll play. Overall, a pretty decent special, not the note I would’ve ended MYM on but whatever.
Overall, Chapter 6 was good, I thought it was enjoyable and I am gonna miss it. I preferred it more than TYT which is hit or miss to me, but let’s see what they’ll have in store for the future.
Overall ranking: 7 out of 10
Zabilac

I personally would have liked it if the tree played a more active role like in TYT where it captured her with its roots and dragged her inside rather than she just blindly chased her cutie mark into the trunk.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Anyways, so I rewatched Isle of Scaly and Root of all Evil again.
I enjoyed it more the second time. I sort of rolled my eyes when they started singing, but I was more receptive to it once I knew it was coming. Opaline is quite possibly the most evil character in the entire franchise, and they made her extremely hate-able. It’s a bit twisted, but I think I just wanted her defeat to land with a satisfying impact; to look like it hurt.
I came up with this one idea at work: There’s a brief scene on board The Marestream where Sunny serves smoothies made from a new fruit she just grew: waterlemon, which is part watermelon, part lemon. Then, in the climax, instead of activating the locket, the singing gives Sunny just enough power to grow a waterlemon. She throws it, and it hits Opaline in the face. The impact, plus the juice going in her eyes, is what creates the opening for Sparky to reverse the spell on the dragonstone.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Zabilac
You would think Twilight would’ve considered that the ponies are their own worst enemy that her plan wouldn’t last long as she thought they would. An unforeseen but otherwise obvious circumstance.
Zabilac

Well tbf, the protection spell still worked even when the tribes were separated. So it’s possible she didn’t necessarily think the tribes would ever separate, but just in case, they did, the spell would still work. Ironically, what damaged the spell was the tribes re-uniting.
I also kind-of have to protest her idea of doing the same thing to the dragons. I know the ponies and dragons are friends, but I can’t imagine Ember agreeing to put all of dragonkind’s dragon magic into a single object.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Can we take a moment to appreciate that there’s no base-breaking controversy in the chapter? No Alicorn Drama, no sudden redemption, no Grogar Twist.
Background Pony #5958
@DerpyFast
There’s the Spike appearance and redesign.
If Spike didn’t show up there would be controversy, him showing up would cause controversy. In fact that’s the case for nearly every G4 allusion ever made from this show and probably always will be going forward. And yes, that is very sad (for those that get riled up by it).
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Can we take a moment to appreciate that there’s no base-breaking controversy in the chapter? No Alicorn Drama, no sudden redemption, no Grogar Twist.
Nothing base-breaking at least, even as the already mentioned inclusion of Spike got some people mad. Doesn’t even come close to the Grogar twist outrage though, Spike’s inclusion was very mostly just getting the usual suspects, the kind of people you’d expect to lose it over Opaline’s backstory in MYM Chapter 4, in an uproar. It’s not base-breaking if the vast majority of people raging aren’t even actually part of the G5 fanbase, just people who enjoy complaining about G5.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Stand back, brain attack! Pony magic can alter a newborn dragon’s physique. That’s why the new ones got those cutie scale thing and why Sparky had wings.
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Caught up with chapter 5 and 6. Wow that was so good. I adored all the misty stuff as usually. I’m very glad how they handled her arc throughout the series.
Opaline got her just desserts and an epic defeat. New snow leopard gal is a babe, and the big crystal mare and small stallion are adorb. Suprised he joined em at the end!
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
People will complain about the same thing for different reasons left and right. There’s no middle ground for them. Because the middle ground is considered the third side, and if you’re in the third side, you’re ironically their common enemy.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@CloudMistDragon
maybe, yet there’s drama of peoples that are complaining that opaline hadn’t gotten her redemption, in spite of her being like up in the villain list, next to chrysalis.
That’s just regular complaining though, I’m talking people having over-the-top conniptions over a bucking children’s cartoon. Of course not everyone was going to like Opaline not getting redeemed, but it’s a simple case of how you can’t please everyone. Given how unlikable they made her throughout, always building to her getting her karma, I believe far more people would be displeased if they had reformed her.
Shimmering Spectacle
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

sTs trinity
@CloudMistDragon
children’s show or not, the one thing I hated seeing is that they keep dismissing the facts of her being such a narcissist, even clearly seeing that she was forcing misty to be her “friend” that whole time since she kidnapped her.
and also I’ll bet she’s also like cozy, where she too thinks that having more friends would mean more power, which obviously doesn’t work like that.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Shimmering Spectacle
I even wrote about the brilliance of her comeuppance in my full review. Some people prefer the way she gets defeated in TYT, but I like the way she gets defeated in MYM better. She deserves to have her cutie mark stolen by the Together Tree because she’s a cutie mark thief who used the Together Tree for evil. The Together Tree doesn’t need to pull her into a prison because she’s already made her own prison. It makes sense for her to get herself trapped alone chasing power because that’s what she did her whole life with her warped views already dooming her to that fate.
Briarlight
Artist -

Aka: Data Poni
OK so update on diggy and sanders, the gay ponies above. They’re in ever chapter and also constantly together
(They’re both only in 1 shot each in the movie)
river mines

@TheQuietMan
but in this case they complain about Spike’s redesign in which (at least 90% of the fandom agreed that it wasn’t cool) but they didn’t complain(at last no a Lot) about spike herself
Background Pony #6E9F
@CloudMistDragon
children’s show or not, the one thing I hated seeing is that they keep dismissing the facts of her being such a narcissist, even clearly seeing that she was forcing misty to be her “friend” that whole time since she kidnapped her.
and also I’ll bet she’s also like cozy, where she too thinks that having more friends would mean more power, which obviously doesn’t work like that.
Interesting… Opaline and Cozy were both busy taking magic from the ponies to bring them under control, and also believed that friendship means power, and that having friends is a matter of having power in their possession. This does not testify to personal convictions, more like shared thoughts between several people. We never learned where Cozy came from, how she could be so manipulative, ruthless and evil at such a young age. It is speculated that she was not an ordinary pony, and it is possible that the royal sisters and Twilight sent her to Tartasus because they did not know where she came from. Also, Cozy was unusually talented as an alicorn after she gained these powers, while Twilight struggled to master her new powers.
The two also had similar strategies to achieve their goals, unlike others who were not so clever in their strategy - especially Tirek. They spare no means to take what they believe is their right and goal, we don’t know where the pony skull came from when Cozy showed it in S8, and Opaline only spared the ponies’ lives because they were “resources”.
Should have thought they both came from the same place, Skyros. Perhaps there was a school of thought there for a long time, which Cozy and Opaline may have been inspired by when they want to attack Equestria to take all power by taking control of the magic among the ponies. Besides, Spike had said that Opaline transforms into a fire alicorn, and this could hold so much. Was Opaline stripped of her alicorn powers when she was banished from Skyros? Spike may have said that the battle was between friendship and enmity until Opaline attacked the dragons. We don’t know, only that Opaline is distinguished as an alicorn by the drawings in Spike’s home.
These are similarities between Cozy, who is one of the biggest mysteries in G4, and Opaline, who had made Equestria’s collapse possible by creating conditions that would make the magic disappear in the event of a mistake. When Twilight had won, she - and Spike, who was completely distraught because he knows how the Unity Crystals work - had not expected the long-term separation of the crystals when the guardians neglected their obligations.
Regardless; Skyros is emerging as a potential problem in Sunny’s future. If Cozy and Opaline had come from Skyros, and if the alicorns refused to stop Opaline or to stop Equestria’s collapse, it is clear that if the New Mane 6 were to get there, they might find the biggest and worst friendship crisis in all of MLP. Maybe the G4 alicorns can be of great help, but what if they have ascended to become the sun, the moon, the Wishing Star and the crystal heart? Perhaps the mysterious magic that had ensured that the Rainbow locket - which even Skyros will fear - would come to Sunny, will be of great help.
Since the Rainbow locket from G1 exists in G5, there’s obviously a story there. Megan got it from Moochick, a strange gnome sage so that she can protect the ponies, and he was a mysterious gnome connected to the ponies’ past before Megan’s arrival. Regardless, the Rainbow locket is the most powerful weapon the ponies ever have under their control. It was able to attack and capture a powerful alicorn that was so strong, that she probably had several alicorns’ strength in her. (assuming at least 3 alicorn strength) And it’s deadly in that it kills as seen with Tirac.
TYT 2.0 should delve into this, G1 instead of G4, as the rights crisis around FiM will not affect it. There is much else that is not affected by DIY’s rights control of the shows from S4 to S9. Sunny may have to confront new alicorns in the future.
Background Pony #6E9F
@TheQuietMan
but in this case they complain about Spike’s redesign in which (at least 90% of the fandom agreed that it wasn’t cool) but they didn’t complain(at last no a Lot) about spike herself
We complain, yes, but we’re glad Spike is back. If the TYT 2.0 gives him some muscle, a shorter neck and makes him a little bigger without changing the design, that’s perfect.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide