MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Briarlight
Still got 3 issues. The tension between the sisters are hotter than the Celestial sisters if Milkyway refuses and has an iron grip over the switch spell. Contrary to what Quill thinks, I still think she’s slightly better than Discord.
Also interesting alt idea from him but instead of dancing to demonstrate something is wrong if what everyone else think should be right, I’ll quote this:
A simple dance comparison is all it takes, though I think it would have been fun to have the ponies recount the events in the movie and ask why Zipp was with them during the escape if they ruined her show. Or how come Pipp is supposed to be a detective using a visor with her sisters colors. Either way, it’s clear that their abilities and histories don’t match up.
Also also, there’s probably an alt universe where Pipp and Zipp’s roles are genuinely reversed by destiny given the altered memories every other pony have during that spell. But wouldn’t that mean Sunny and others are reversed too? Or maybe there’s one where only the sisters switch but it’s otherwise the main universe.
ИІЯІЖIRIN

#ReformCozyGlow
I am a firm believer that every work and creator, no matter how great or legendary they are can have their duds and stinkers because no work is absolutely 100% perfect, and that’s okay. As much as I like G5, I still think Chapter 1 isn’t that great in terms of its animation and story, the weakest thing that this current generation has turned out even taking into account Tell Your Tale which I think is more average than anything. The good thing is that the later chapters manage to be a lot better in the writing and animation department so there likely won’t be a repeat of Chapter 1 again.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
If modern writing has taught us anything (and especially considering the 2010’s {yes, that also includes G4/FiM}) is that writers are still prone to fucking up.
A lot of people have said good praises about the later episodes of Tell Your Tale and the later chapters of Make Your Mark (specifically people like Tootsie4Ever), but even THAT isn’t good enough for some people who call G5 “damage control”. 😒
Especially when we live in an age where perfectionism is now a choice and not a mature necessity.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@ИІЯІЖIRIN
Yeah, it’s why I said that not every work is 100% perfect and mistakes can slip through the cracks, and people need to learn that it is an inevitability since realistically you can’t please everybody. Those G5 analysis videos aren’t worth my time anyway since a lot of them have a strong G4 bias that really holds back any semblance of fairness in their critiques and more just whining that it isn’t like FIM.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Especially when we live in an age where perfectionism is now a choice and not a mature necessity.
During what age was writing ever perfect?
Especially for children’s shows?
Background Pony #13BA
@Mr.Myoozik
Unfortunately it’s inevitably going to be strictly compared to G4 simply due to it being a sequel and it gives us the mindset and false expectations that it’s going to be on par with it. Obviously that’s not the case. The writing is waaaay different. G5 analysis videos are really crap these days and really fell from quality.
Background Pony #13BA
@Mr.Myoozik
I myself don’t think G5 is that great, but I don’t shit on it because it isn’t as glorious as G4. They’re trying their best, but I don’t think it’s enough for even non pony fans to universally think the writing is great. And this is coming from someone who isn’t G4 biased and G5 biased (like some folks are in this thread)
ИІЯІЖIRIN

#ReformCozyGlow
@Mr.Myoozik
That’s their issue, not yours.
But even G5 is not exempt from scutiny as it’s a continuation of the G4 universe and not it’s own like the previous generations. As those were their own universe with little to no continuity between them.
For example, MLP Tales is not synonymous with MLP ’N Friends.
@Dragonpone
Ask anyone who watched Avatar: The Last Airbender.
ИІЯІЖIRIN

#ReformCozyGlow
@Dragonpone
Anywhere within the mid-2000’s would be a fitting answer.
Although some would argue that the 80’s were better considering shows like TUGS or The Wind In The Willows.
Of course if you want a prime example of perfection according to people of modern age, look no further than HILDA, Green Eggs And Ham: The Second Serving, or most famously, Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared considering its high production.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@ИІЯІЖIRIN
I certainly think there are good shows during both those periods, and including the current era. That’s kinda what I was getting at, that there isn’t just some point in history where writing got markedly worse, before which it was consistently amazing.
It’s all too common to unfairly devalue the now in favor of ascribing rose-tinted perfection to the past. Cause I can certainly name plenty of bad shows during those periods as well. As well as now. And 50 years before that.
(All that said, I do prefer G4, but I don’t like to hold these things as sacred)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide