Wild Manes Content - Read more about the new policy Here

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #545C
Chapter 1 wasn’t perfect, but the song was good and there were a few scenes that were alright in my opinion
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #545C
Chapter 1 is underrated, just thought it was okay at worst the first time I saw it, liked it a lot better when I saw it again. It was such a good introduction to Detective Zipp, gave us the reason why Posey is the way she is, and really had me laughing at some of the jokes. Pipp’s unfinished song gag with Izzy gets better when you realize it ties into Izzy Does It.
Background Pony #13BA
@TheQuietMan
Apparently in covert art her ears were hidden due to her voluminous hair. It was hard to translate the concept art to 3D. Her final hairstyle didn’t left any holes for her ears. If looked upon the sides, you can easily see the clipping. It would have taken a lot of time and resources to redo her hair and keep the ears. Keep in mind Atomic isn’t as advanced as Boulder Media, and their modeling team was far better.
Background Pony #7563
Imagine had Skyros had been the antagonists like if Opaline was just one antagonist instead of the main one
Imagine had other elemental Alicorns decided to build an new Skyros in Equestria and then conquer the world to build a true Grand New Skyros Empire one where a council of Alicorns would rule over the lands and other creatures Opaline would be named Lord of the Dragonlands meaning her subjects would be dragons and kirin but she would answer to an Emperor or Empress of Alicorns
Heck they could have reused the canned movie character Cosmos
Yes Cosmos was originally going to be an Alicorn and celestia and Lunas brother
An Alicorn who is more about order and rule over friendship and tolerance
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #7BFF
I love it even more than when I started watching it, which I suppose is the sign of a good series.
Loved (and love) ANG, have always felt that TYT was (and is) a fun little bite-sized dose of pony goodness that can occasionally even transcend its limitations, and have always felt that MYM had (and has) a lot to love, even if it started out pretty rough.
Like, Chapter 1 of MYM, I think there’s a lot to love about it, from getting to see locations (specifically, the Crystal Brighthouse and Mane Melody) in CG for the first time, to Posey being a surprisingly enjoyable antagonist, to the music (I especially loved how in the background score, there were moments of no music playing, because the wall-to-wall music was one of very few things I didn’t like about FiM), as well as the longer runtime and less frenetic direction giving the characters more chance to breathe. But it was definitely rough around the edges, especially on the production side (its animation issues are well documented, and it was clear the new voice actors were still trying to find the characters’ voices in places).
I still think it’s enjoyable and worth rewatching, as I feel for all of G5.
Background Pony #7563
@TheQuietMan
Exactly
Who better a real threat than the brother of the founders of Equestria
We haven’t seen male Alicorn characters so it would be cool to have a Lord Zed of Alicorns one that wants to bring absolute Alicorn rule to all and his plan is to use the tree network to transport armies and manage his empire
To give you an idea of his ideal world
The Authority or the main branch of government would be
Emperor meaning himself
The Council of Elemental Lords any Alicorn from Skyros willing to help him in his conquest
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
One criticism of G5 that’s grown to really bother me lately is the criticism of its small world compared to G4. Not because it’s untrue or because of the fact that G5 is only two years old. It’s because of how I’ve heard it said too often by people who don’t even mention the fact that this is likely because Make Your Mark is a CGI show. You know why CGI shows have to reuse assets a lot, right? It’s because of them costing more money to make. Having a smaller world doesn’t just help with costs, it also gives the animators and designers an easier time. Focusing on building a smaller world is better than making a giant world where most of the things in that world don’t get built anyway.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@TheQuietMan
I’m partial to the idea that in an inverse of FIM, the ponies are the only species that didn’t maintain friendship, so everyone else was like: “Okay, let’s get out of here until the ponies stop being so racist again”
If we have to undo the ending, at least it’d be a favorable twist on FIM, where most species were treated as too dumb to live without pony intervention. (And when you’re losing an intelligence contest to the ponies, that’s a bad sign)
river mines

I thought of an idiotic theory here, but it doesn’t hurt to comment.
opaline planted a union tree in her castle, but how did she manage to do that if she clearly doesn’t believe in friendship and unity?
Right in the Twilight message she mentions and leaves it implicit that she already knew the magic of Earth ponies.
and something that opaline constantly mentions is that twilight stole her magic, something told in misty’s story.
What if opaline in the past had the magic of earth ponies and used it to plant a union tree?
perhaps due to her draining so much magic she was able to unleash this power, but the loss of her power caused her to lose access to this magic.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
I am a firm believer that every work and creator, no matter how great or legendary they are can have their duds and stinkers because no work is absolutely 100% perfect, and that’s okay. As much as I like G5, I still think Chapter 1 isn’t that great in terms of its animation and story, the weakest thing that this current generation has turned out even taking into account Tell Your Tale which I think is more average than anything. The good thing is that the later chapters manage to be a lot better in the writing and animation department so there likely won’t be a repeat of Chapter 1 again.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Limitations can inspire creativity too.
@Mr.Myoozik
I’m completely fine with the pilot being considered the worst episode of Make Your Mark, especially since I do agree that it’s the worst episode of Make Your Mark. It just doesn’t deserve the ludicrous level of hate it got at all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide